Author Topic: He May Have Lost Big Brother 6, But Michael Donnellan Wins in the Art World  (Read 3484 times)

Offline carom3d

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
He may have lost on the CBS reality show Big Brother 6, but Michael Donnellan is a winner in the art world. Donnellan has been named 'Most Popular Artist' at The Digital Artist (thedigitalartist.com), an Internet global art and design site.

(PRWEB) October 14, 2005 -- He may have lost on the CBS reality show Big Brother 6, but Michael Donnellan is a winner in the art world.

Donnellan has been named “Most Popular Artist” at The Digital Artist (http://www.thedigitalartist.com), an Internet global art and design site, by virtue of having the most visits to his exhibit during the month of September 2005.

The Irvine, California, artist was born and raised in Europe, and now designs digital visual effects for the film industry. He has a background in fine art, including drawing and sculpture. His exhibit page at The Digital Artist (http://www.thedigitalartist.com/artist.phtml?uid=mdonnellan) features a meticulous rendering of Pope John Paul II in prayer.

When told of his win, Donnellan replied, “I guess being on a TV show really made a difference. Thanks! I am really excited about winning!”

The Digital Artist is a professional exhibit and art news site for artists, designers and artisans. There is no fee for exhibits, and typical pages include name, contact information, biography, artist's statement, link to a personal web page and an image of the artist's work. The site is extensively marketed to art buyers including art directors, creative directors and gallery owners.

There are nearly 1500 exhibitors from more than 70 nations working at all levels from students to established professionals. Category listings include animators, artisans, cartoonists, digital artists, fiber artists, graphic designers, illustrators, multimedia, painters, photographers and sculptors. The home page and category index pages also post arts and culture headlines, updated daily, with links to complete stories. The Digital Artist also offers an Arts and Design bookstore and magazine stand, free special interest monthly newsletters for creatives and art buyers, and online articles about the business of art.

Awarded a book prize, Donnellan received a copy of Going Digital: The Practice and Vision of Digital Artist, by Joseph Nalven and JD Jarvis. Going Digital: The Practice and Vision of Digital Artists takes the unique approach of combining a how-to guide with critical and theoretical discussion. It peers behind the scenes to see how a select group of artists, each working in this or her own distinct style, approaches a common compositional challenge. Each artist is given a set of identical images and then uses those images to create an original work of art, documenting each step that leads to the finished piece and providing discussion of how their work is enhanced by digital technology. Featuring rich imagery and instructional text that delineates each step, each artist’s presentation is placed within the context of art history or theory to stimulate thought and discussion of the challenges of digital art making. Going Digital: The Practice and Vision of Digital Artists provides both the hands-on how-to and the practical knowledge necessary to create, discuss, and present art using digital technology.

http://www.emediawire.com/releases/2005/10/emw297314.htm

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
 |#' I just knew he would be  famous  =]/ , good for Micheal ..!!