Author Topic: BB7 Greenlighted  (Read 4818 times)

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
BB7 Greenlighted
« on: October 12, 2005, 04:08:21 PM »
CBS has already given the producers the go ahead for the next season of Big Brother!

This is the earliest that they have even been given the go ahead, so get ready for another summer of fun!

Rob

Offline point17

• RFF Full Member
  • GO Janey GO
Re: BB7 Greenlighted
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2005, 08:28:34 AM »
ALLSTARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tada:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2005, 12:13:02 PM »
Another 'Brother'
Reality skein draws an early Eye renewal

By JOSEF ADALIAN

CBS is planning another summer fling with "Big Brother."
Less than a month after the long-running reality skeinskein wrapped its sixth season, the Eye has given the OK to a seventh go-round for the summer staple. Allison Grodner and Arnold Shapiro will return as exec producers, while "Early Show" co-anchor Julie Chen is set to reprise her role as host.

"This is the earliest we've gotten a renewal," noted Shapiro.

CBS usually waits until winter to finalize a decision on a pickup for "Brother," which has been a part of the net's summer skedsked since 2000.

Grodner said Eye execs tipped them off to the pickup just before the show's finale last month.

"This gives us a lot more time to plan for and work on 'Big Brother 7,' " she said. That's particularly helpful given the producers' desire to add new twists to the game each season.

"Once you use an idea, you can't use it again," Shapiro said.

There's been speculation for some time that CBS, Grodner and Shapiro are mulling an all-star edition of "Big Brother" featuring cast members from previous seasons. Producers wouldn't comment but did note that constant change has been key to the show's longevity.

"There are still things we can do to surprise the audience," Grodner said.

Shapiro and Grodner exec produce "Big Brother" in association with Endemol USA.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2005, 07:34:33 PM »
October 13, 2005
Big Brother 7 Is Official, All-Stars Edition Likely
Big Brother has already been renewed for a seventh season according to Variety.  Variety quotes Arnold Shapiro as saying “This is the earliest we’ve gotten a renewal.”  Even though producers wouldn’t comment to Variety on rumors of a Big Brother All-Stars edition, the early renewal is almost a certain sign that an All-Stars edition is slated for season 7.

It would make sense for CBS to commit to an early renewal to allow producers time to provide former houseguests with early notification to clear their schedules.  Two former houseguests have already made comments that seem to reinforce the likelihood of a Big Brother 7 All-Stars edition. 

Kaysar Ridha told JokersUpdates that ““It sure sounds like there will be BB All Star cast.  I think it will be soon.”  While Kaysar’s comments might have been a little vague, Big Brother 2 winner Will Kirby was a little more direct in an interview with Reality TV Stuff.  When asked if he would do another reality show, Will Kirby is quoted as saying, “I think the real question here is, will I be participating in Big Brother All-Stars?  Well, it is scheduled to take place next summer and although I haven’t made any concrete decisions I will tell you that I plan to leave my schedule wide open just in case…”

In an article back in September, Reality TV Magazine posed the question “Will There Be A Big Brother All-Stars Edition?” and noted that it would be perfect timing for CBS to take advantage of the popularity of Kaysar Ridha by serving up another dose of him in a Big Brother All-Stars.  Reality TV Magazine also invited readers to post their choices for the All-Stars edition. 

Reality TV Magazine is your source for Big Brother 6 news.  For other great Big Brother 6 news, please also check out SirLinksALot: Big Brother 6.

http://www.realitytvmagazine.com/blog/2005/10/big_brother_7_i.html#more

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2005, 12:12:28 AM »
MORE Kaysar on TV? Chalk me up for the finale...
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2005, 02:17:37 AM »
Cool if Kaysar's on BB7!!  And goes LOTS further...maybe even winning!  |#'
(Right, 'keeta?  {l{  )

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2005, 09:05:32 PM »
I'm personally hoping Kaysar appears on Big Brother All-Stars and at least makes it to the jury. Last time, he missed it by one spot. This time, it's going to be different. He'll make the jury. I'm sure of it.
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Nuala

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2005, 05:35:31 PM »
Well I knew the all-star would be coming.  Hmmmm.....does anyone have their favorites picked out that they would like to see again on the show?

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2005, 11:44:53 PM »
Dani, Erika, Jason, Karen, Janie, Howie, and of course KAYSARRRR! (^.# 
Not neccessarily in that order.