Archive > The Amazing Race

TARF8 ( Family) Spoilers

<< < (5/28) > >>

puddin:
thanks to Ottopart  :hapy:   , can you beleive all this  :wow: ?? Have we ever had newspaper reports or radio DJ's telling us that TAR is coming through town ? Can it really be a race across the USA ? According to this article Talladega is next.. I wonder if they be apart of a racecar challenge ~

'Amazing Race' makes pit stop at Space Center
Wednesday, July 13, 2005
By CHRIS WELCH
Times Entertainment Writer chrisw@htimes.com
Family teams face challenges on their way to Talladega

About midnight Monday, with Hurricane Dennis' last breath soaking Huntsville, there was a flurry of activity at the Huntsville-Madison County Convention & Visitors Bureau at 500 Church St.

Between midnight and 4 a.m., one by one, a fleet of eight to 10 GMC Yukons rolled out of the parking lot and sloshed down Interstate 565, got off at exit 15 and headed toward the U.S. Space & Rocket Center.

Motorists driving by on the interstate had no idea they were passing celebrities - members of the eighth installment of the CBS reality series "The Amazing Race."

The popular reality show zipped into town Monday night and, after a series of challenges involving the Aviation Challenge centrifuge and a computer station at the Space Center, host Phil Keoghan counted off the contestants - "You're first, you're second. ..." Then, after a much-needed rest at the Huntsville Marriott, the teams packed up Tuesday afternoon and headed to Talladega. The show is expected to air this fall.

Space Center officials were asked to sign $10 million confidentiality agreements with CBS but declined. Most did agree not to talk and wouldn't comment on the show, but sources involved with the filming of the show detailed what happened on the condition their names wouldn't be used.

Larry Capps, CEO of the Space Center, is in Florida for today's shuttle launch and not available for comment. Holly Beech, marketing director for the center, declined to comment.

A call to Jeremy Murphy in CBS' communications office in New York wasn't returned. But according to the network's Web site, the eighth edition of the reality series is a one-time family edition that includes traditional families (mom, dad and two kids), blended families (newly married with step-siblings), four sisters, four brothers, multigenerational (grandparents and grandchildren) and engaged couples with in-laws-to-be. Each team must feature at least one team member who is at least 21.

The race, according to sources, started Thursday at an undisclosed location with 11 teams. The remaining eight to 10 four-member teams arrived here late Monday from somewhere in South Carolina on two buses.

"Amazing Race" producers wanted to come to the Space Center after hearing about its annual Moon Buggy Race. There had been talk about building a moon buggy track for the "Amazing Race" contestants, but CBS officials apparently nixed that idea.

Upon arriving at the Visitors Bureau, the contestants were given clues to find the Space Center. Once they found the museum, the teams went to Aviation Challenge for their first challenge that involved the centrifuge - an astronaut trainer that provides 3 1/2 to four Gs. After that, the contestants raced on foot to Rocket Park under the replica of the shuttle, where they were given clues to find a computer station inside the museum.

The teams completed their two challenges and then went to their rooms at the Huntsville Marriott. They were then given a 12-hour break before leaving Tuesday afternoon for their next challenge: Talladega.

link
http://www.al.com/entertainment/huntsvilletimes/index.ssf?/base/entertainment/1121246191244210.xml&coll=1

puddin:
Aviation Challenge
Talladega
Talladega attractions
Cheaha State Park

At 2,407 feet above sea level, Cheaha Mountain is the highest point in Alabama. This 2,799-acre mountaintop retreat provides breathtaking scenery year-round.

DeSoto Caverns Park

Resting at the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains, DeSoto Caverns Park offers a unique destination for those seeking a fun and educational experience.

Motor Sports Hall of Fame

One of the International Motorsports Hall of Fame's highlight features is the Motorsports Museum. Spanning three buildings and the enclosed courtyard, this collection of history making vehicles is priceless.

Talladega Superspeedway

Talladega Superspeedway is the biggest, fastest, most competitive motorsports facility in the world. Records for both speed and competition have been established at Talladega.

Talladega Walk of Fame

The Davey Allison Memorial-Walk of Fame is a beautiful landscaped park that covers one full city block downtown Talladega, Alabama. Dedicated during the summer of 1994, the memorial is open 365 days a year with free admission.

puddin:
more from a poster at sucks~

1963Mustang
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 First time poster. Last week, I was in DC. On Friday, I was on the mall near the Lincoln Memorial. The area was crowded as usual. I heard some shouting and looked towards the Vietnam Memorial just as a group of people came running out of the crowd. There was a man, a woman, and two young girls (caucasian) followed by a cameraman and a sound guy. All four were wearing orange outfits and caps and were running straight at me. I immediately thought about the race and wished for my camera. They ran right by me next to the reflecting pool and on towards the Korean Momument. I couldn't follow but I saw them stop and ask a park ranger something. I moved towards the ranger and heard him use his radio to call someone. He wanted to know what all the camera crews were doing on the mall. He said he had been seeing them all morning. The reply came back that they were filming a tourism video. He then said the cameraman had asked him to sign a release to use the film of him answering questions and he had refused. He told whoever he was talking to that it was against regulations and that they had better pass that on to the other rangers just in case.

This was on Friday, July 8th, about 11 am. I watched the rest of the day for others but didn't see anyone else. 

puddin:
this one from blows/realitytvworld 

--- Quote --- scwriter 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"
 07-12-05, 08:46 AM (EST)

9. "RE: Season 8 Timings/Locations"
LAST EDITED ON 07-12-05 AT 08:47 AM (EST)
Looks like it is a North America edition.

Rumor has it that TAR8 filmed in Charleston, SC (more specifically Mount Pleasant, which is on the other side of the bridge from peninsular Charleston) on July 11.

I'm sorry I don't know other details.

--- End quote ---

puddin:
Thursday July 7 ,
NewYork City
Friday July 8,
Washington's Crossing PA
Saturday July 9,
Lincoln Memorial
Sunday July 10th,
Dulles airport (outside Washington D.C.), 
Monday July 11th