Archive > The Amazing Race

TARF8 ( Family) Spoilers

<< < (3/28) > >>

puddin:
Oh we can only dream of having a spoiler like that again . I can't remember what forum I read this on but there are some diehard TAR fans hanging around major airports scouting for some potential TAR teams , now thats dedication  {l{

Chateau d If:

--- Quote ---what he was posting is that his son has tattoos like Lex 
--- End quote ---

Nice work Puddin!  That is a good enough pin-down for me.   :t-up:

puddin:
An update from a poster @ realitytvworld

--- Quote --- Moody 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"
 06-26-05, 04:36 PM (EST)

16. "TAR 8 hasn't started filming yet - Phil"
LAST EDITED ON 06-26-05 AT 04:40 PM (EST)
Phil was on local radio in Calgary this morning from the Banff television festival and he said that TAR 8 has not yet started filming. I checked and it seems that the festival was June 12-15 this year, so likely the interview was pre-taped. At any rate, we know that it can't have started earlier than the 3rd week of June.

Also, he confirmed that the minimum age was 8, but he didn't say definitely that there were any 8 year olds involved. He mentioned that a team of siblings was a possibility, so long as at least one of them was 21 years of age. Other than that, he just said that he thought they had a great group of teams (but, then again, what else would he say ).

TAR 8 will air in the fall, but no specific date was given.

Most of the interview, at least what I caught of it, was about NOW.

--- End quote ---

puddin:
so it begins..this posted at Tarflies

--- Quote ---Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:16 pm

***** SPOILERS FOR TAR8 *****
TAR3's Kenny just called me to tell me that his friend Ray thinks he saw TAR8 Families in New York City today.

We think it's really odd that families would be in NY and not headed immediately out of the country, and we agree that this COULD be a decoy.

In the event that it's a real spoiler though, here's what he told me his friend saw:

3 families driving down Broadway and stopping outside a place called Eastern Mountain Sports (EMS) in Soho, 3 blocks from where Kenny lives. The only other business there is a bank, so he doesn't think they were headed to the bank. There was a cop there who didn't seem to have a problem with them parking on the street.

Of the three families he saw, two were white and one was African-American. One of the families (don't know which one) had a really little kid who he thought was about 7 years old (I think he said it was a "he", and the kid must be at least 8, since that's the cut-off). The kid was yelling out the window (to traffic?) to "let them over."

They were driving cars (SUV's? I don't know.) and there were cameramen. The cars were fairly new and had different license plates (one was Michigan, one was New Jersey, the other was ??). That could just mean they were rentals and Ken and I agree that cars/SUVs would be likely (over cabs) because of the sheer number of people that have to be in each vehicle.

Anyway, we don't know if this is for real, or a decoy, or what, but Kenny wanted me to post it on TARflies first so that we can check against any other spoilers that might come in!
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:51 pm

DingoDan just heard on the New Jersey talk radio station (101.5FM) that drivers should avoid Washington Crossing bridge in Hopewell Township until 6pm "due to ongoing filming of the Amazing Race." That was all they said.

Would they run a decoy leg that far?

--- End quote ---

puddin:
and now we have this link here

--- Quote --- *spoiler*
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 I saw this on an unrelated message board...LYMI

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:29 pm Post subject: The Amazing Race

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I took the boys up to see where Washington Crossed the Delaware today. I like history, they were just hanging around being bums. Come on, I sad, it will be fun.

They gave me that look - the one that says sarcasticly - Right.
Freedom, liberty etc. Get you butts up and put the bikes in the truck it is a 30 minute ride.

They each brought a walkman so they wouldn’t have to listen to me on the ride. Not a vote of confidence.

I pulled into the half empty lot and was told I had to park in the full side by some twerp with a radio and an earphone. He didn’t look like a PA start park guy to me.

Duh there are no spaces in the half that is totally full. The other half was totally empty. I choose to see the lot as half usable not hafl full but the empty side was for a "caravan" coming the geek with an ear piece said.

Right.

A caravan. We have them all the time here in PA.

So I find another lot down the road and parked, get the bikes out of the truck and bike back to the Welcome Center to get a map. It isn’t a very big place but I wanted to know what to see.

The “Welcome Center” was across from the half empty lot. Ask what is up. Some other geek with a radio and ear piece gives us a lame story about filming an ad for PA & NJ tourism.

Right.

PA and NJ share money on a joint ad for tourism. You must be from Mars ‘cause we locals know PA and NJ compete for tourism $ - they don’t get along well enough to film a joint ad.

I lean my bike against a sign and head in to get a map; some woman comes up bableling and tells me to move my bike, the filming and all. I am losing my Evil Emperor charm and walk in leaving the bike were it was.

I said I was going in to get a map. While I was in there all the staff were talking in hushed tones all excited. Way too busy to hand me a map. No other tourists around. I mumbled some kind of a comment about geeks with earphones.

One of the staff ask if they were rude.

No I said they were just acting like a bunch of Tories. I wondered they were so a twitter they didn't get the insult.

Connor & Blair notice a thing that looks just like an Amazing Race mail box. Connor jokes about opening it and the “commercial” guy gets real nervous and say Connor can’t touch it and that is how they are making the tourism ad interesting.

Right.

We bike a bit but they have part of the path roped off. We go around nice like they ask and come back after a bit, it is a small place and few views of the river outside their ropes.

So I sit outside the ropes at one of the few places we could see the crossing talking to the boys about how the river doesn't look all that wide but it would suck rowing across in a snow storm.

Some other geek comes and tells us to move we are in their camera lines. It is a private event and they have a permit.

You put the ropes up. If we are in the ‘line’ it is ‘cause you put the ropes in the wrong place. Dude we’re here to see the river, we are respecting your ropes but it the history is everyone’s.

More lame cover storyness. Clearly something ain’t like they said.

So we move around again and there are guys out in the river and ambulances all over. I am getting tired of getting moved away from the river as Mr. Ambulance guy come over.

What’s Up with all the equipment I ask.

It is a Drill, said with no sincerity.

Right same lack of sincerity.

I came to see the crossing.

Well you picked a good day stick around and watch TV in September.

So we go back to another rope line, (but in the same 'safe' camera line as all the geeks with earpieces.)

The geeks get all jazzed up, their earpices a buzz “They are coming.”

A bunch of Suburbans come rolling across the bridge.

(Why didn’t George et al use the Bridge?)

Families of 4 (it was the Family edition of Amazing Race – we sent them a tape but didn’t make the cut.) come running out of their Suburbans in the still almost half empty side of the parking lot, check the Connor cant touch it mail box and run to the river where the camera guys tell them to stop and run in in a better formed group on the angle they want. So the families stop and re-run in for the cameras.

(Next time you see the Amazing Race and they are all running in a group – the camera guy stopped them and told them to.)

It was a challenge. They had to row a guy dressed in colonial stuff across the river, grab a flag and row back.

We watched 6 groups do it. Most couldn’t row worth a lick. One almost knocked their George overboard running into a sand bar. The families had to wear life vest. The guys being George Washington had to stand. I hope they had floatation under his heavy colonial costumes but I doubt it, they are extras after all.

I was talking to a guy whose wife was the contact for the state parks; he drove down form Harrisburg to watch. We had a great time watching them try to row straight across with the river current.

I made the boys be careful as we rode our bikes back to the truck. The Suburbans left the half empty side of the parking lot without paying much attention. I guess there was no camera man around.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version