Author Topic: Thought this was intersesting ...  (Read 4446 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Thought this was intersesting ...
« on: May 13, 2005, 05:57:14 PM »
HeH ..
 ]][
Amazing Disgrace: Thank God. That was the general consensus among the cast of The Amazing Race Tuesday night when Rob and Amber were finally outwitted, outplayed and outlasted by class-act couple Uchenna and Joyce Agu.

After hearing from their fellow racers at the finale party, it was clear Romber didn't make too many friends on their trip around the world. Before the final results, when asked about the possibility of Rob and Amber winning, boyfriends Lynn and Alex said, "If they win, we will be happy for them...No we won't. That was a total lie!" And when asked about the big wedding CBS will televise in two weeks, Patrick of mother-son team Patrick and Susan, jabbed, "I'm sure I have something really gross and unimportant to do that night. Like washing my cat." Meee-ow.

Still, Romber did apparently make two very good friends--bloodthirsty competitor Ray and his fiancée Deana. In fact, they actually asked Romber to be in their wedding. Senior citizens and fan favorites Gretchen and Meredith said they sent Ray a very lovely chess set as a wedding gift, since Ray made it very clear on the show that he wasn't "going to let a 70-year-old man beat me at anything, including chess." Gretchen reveals, "When [Ray] called to apologize for the comments he made, I said, 'Since we're playing true confessions, Ray, we called you Velcro the whole time, because you were so stuck on Rob and Amber.' "

Almost everyone kvetched that CBS's golden pair had an unfair advantage because people helped them out because they were celebrities...blah, blah, blah. Frankly, I'm not sure why others didn't think to milk the fact that they had a camera crew with them. I mean, hell, we've all seen the likes of Fear Factor, The Swan and Who's My Daddy? and know people will do anything for anyone if it will get them on TV.
http://www.eonline.com/Gossip/Kristin/Archive2005/050513c.html

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Thought this was intersesting ...
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2005, 05:43:49 PM »
And I thought this was interesting too...
http://jam.canoe.ca/Television/2005/05/13/1038270.html

May 13, 2005
Gay duo has star-filled guest list
By TARA MERRIN -- Calgary Sun

The guest list for Lynn Warren and Alex Ali's big, fat, gay wedding in Ottawa next month is simply amazing.

Ali confirmed yesterday that all the teams from this season's show will be invited to the Amazing Racers' Canadian wedding.

That includes $1-million winners Uchenna and Joyce Agu and recently wed Survivors Rob Mariano and Amber Brkich.

"We are the bigger people, so we invited them to our wedding even though they didn't invite us to theirs. We don't really expect them to show," says Ali.

Those who have already confirmed their attendance are the Agus, mother and son Susan and Patrick Vaughn and Meredith and Gretchen Smith.

Amazing Race host Phil Keoghan and actor Rosie O'Donnell are also expected to be on hand for the big day.

"Rosie is taking us on a cruise with her and her family for our honeymoon," adds Ali.

Warren, 30, and Ali, 23, are being flown to Ottawa by radio station HOT 89.9 FM, which is organizing the June 1 ceremony.

Ali says he and Warren agreed to be wed in the Great White North because they are not legally allowed to be married in their home state of California.

"Some people will be against it no matter where we get married, but the bottom line is we don't care what other people think," he says, adding his own father, who didn't know he was gay before The Amazing Race aired, is having trouble accepting the union.

"We want to encourage other gay couples to take their futures into their own hands, but we are not getting married to be gay-right activists or for the press. We are getting married for the gifts and we are registered at Macy's."

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2005, 05:52:47 PM »
OMG , yeah uh huh Lynn & Alex are thinking BIG EXPENSIVE WEDDING GIFT We are getting married for the gifts and we are registered at Macy's."  at least they are honest LOL   {l{
thanks for the article rmax , cool that Rosie is also hanging out with the boys  ]**]

Offline floridagirl

• RFF Jr. Member
  • ROMBER ROCKS
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2005, 08:06:59 AM »
Bet Lynn and Alex's wedding will not be televised by CBS.  I for one will be watching the ROMBER wedding with my I LOVE ROMBER t-shirt from Tarflies.  As for Patrick and his mother.....GROSS.....
« Last Edit: May 16, 2005, 08:10:54 AM by floridagirl »
Life is a reality show.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2005, 12:03:31 PM »
I'll be watching too floridagirl , I had goose bumps when the commercial came on last night during S10 finale  |#'

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2005, 02:20:54 AM »
Great articles.  Glad to see that Meredith and Gretchen have a sense of humour.  And so nice of Lynn and Alex to invite all the teams to their wedding.  I am sure it will be lovely.  I think it is funny that they mentioned that they are getting married only for the gifts.  I am sure Rosie O'Donell will somehow arrange for something free for the couple.  As for Susan and Patrick -- sore losers.

Puddin, I know what you mean by getting  goosebumps when the previewed the wedding of Romber.  I was giddy when I saw the clips.  Rob is so cute.  They make such a nice couple and best wishes for a great life together.  I can hardly wait to watch the wedding.  And then do you think they will appear in FEAR FACTOR?  Or perhaps they can be the new couple that moves into Wisteria Lane.  ohh that would be so awesome!!!!  Or Romber, Meredith/Gretchen can be the "others" on LOST.  I am going nuts.  I need to see them in another tv show. ^/^ ^/^ ^/^I think I better stop posting and go to bed.  My mind is going crazy.  :] :]

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2005, 09:48:38 AM »
Funny how Lynn and Laex complained about Rob and Amber already getting more then they deserve since they are getting their weddign paid for......UUUUMMM correct me if I am wrong are they not doing the same thing?  The radio station is payign for their flight, Rosie is paying for their honeymoon.

do not get me wrong, if they are ahppy that is all that matters.  I just think it is funny that the things they complained about they are getting also.  |}

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Alex & Lynn, the gay couple from The Amazing Race, to wed June 1 in Ottawa - Canada’s Capital
May 24, 05 | 3:23 pm

Alex and Lynn, the gay couple from this season’s The Amazing Race, will tie the knot in Ottawa on Wednesday, June 1 in what is being hailed as the gay wedding of the year. The nuptials will be broadcast live at 8:00 a.m. on local radio station Hot 89.9, whose morning team less than three weeks ago invited the couple to wed in Ottawa.

Alex Ali, 22, and Lynn Warren, 30, of West Hollywood, California will say “I do” in front of friends, family, former Amazing Race contestants, VIPs and media on the terrace of the Ottawa Congress Centre, overlooking the beautiful Rideau Canal and Parliament Hill.

Lynn Warren is enthusiastic about the big day. “We are so excited about seeing the city of Ottawa, the city that has allowed our dreams to become a reality,” he says. “We can’t express our gratitude enough to Hot 89.9 and everyone who has had a part in making our day so special.”

Ottawa Tourism, in tandem with the Ottawa Congress Centre and the radio station, has helped to coordinate the event. “Our members have really stepped to the fore,” says Jacques Burelle, President of Ottawa Tourism. “Offers of accommodation, transportation, gifts, tours, meals, spa services, and more are pouring in. We’re happy to show off our assets in such a high-profile event.”

The couple has been together for four years and  grew even closer during their participation in the reality show The Amazing Race, in which they travelled the world, coming in fifth place overall.

Alex Ali extends an invitation to others as well. “We encourage people from all over the world to come to this beautiful city and tie the knot,” he says. “Make it happen for yourselves, it’s a big world. This event is more than we could have imagined and we are so looking forward to it.”

Ottawa Tourism provides industry leadership and destination marketing to service the travel media and attract visitors, tours and conventions to Ottawa and Canada’s Capital Region.

For more information, please contact:

Jantine Van Kregten
Director of Communications
Ottawa Tourism
media@ottawatourism.ca

http://travelvideo.tv/news/more.php?id=5357_0_1_0_M

Offline FreddynKendrafan

• RFF Full Member
  • ~DEBBIE AND BIANCA ROCK!~
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2005, 06:55:43 PM »
YEA AND GUESS WHO LIVES IN OTTAWA  :]

ME  }^!

FREDDY AND KENDRA WIN TAR6 I LOVE YOU GUYS! YAYA !

"4 continents, 24 cities and more than 40,000 miles, Freddy and Kendra, you are the official winners of The Amazing Race!"
TAR7- BEFORE SHOW PREDICTIONS- I LOVE Bianca and Debbie..wahoo..their gonna be TAR7 WINNERS! *So lovable*

Offline HaydennAaronFan

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • *Hayden and Aaron, the #1 team on the race*
    • Hayden!
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2005, 10:16:36 AM »
Ya and guess who else lives in Ottawa  :]

But im not going cause rombers not goign to be there!!! :(*8
Hayden n Aaron #1 Team on The Amazing Race 6!

Amazing Race 7 Picks:

Megan and Heidi
Ron and Kelly
Rob and Amber
Greg and Brian

Survivor Picks:

Kim and Stephanie (Sorry Jeff , Too bad lose)!!