Author Topic: Finale Vidcaps updated with AOL " Jump" preview  (Read 52121 times)

Offline thechosenone

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
Re: Finale Vidcaps
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2005, 06:22:31 PM »
I think the golfing spoiler was fake

Offline Lucy325

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2005, 06:26:36 PM »
You have to remember that Jamaica is home to 5 World Class golf courses.  It would be great opportunity to showcase a golf task, and we all remember how Rob did on that boat, hitting that golf ball,sssplattttttt! [^/

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2005, 06:38:38 PM »
Jettrue,  it's going to be hard to determine if they leave London on Tuesday the 14th or Wednesday the 15th.  London could be a 36 hour pit stop.  I lean toward Wednesday because of the promos that the three teams did at the end of the last episode.  They were cleaned up and wearing different clothes.

Anyway, it appears from the vidcaps and other spoiler boards that the bridge (or structure) jump is a roadblock in Jamaica.  It appears that Ron, Uchenna, and Amber will be the jumpers.

In the CBS preview, we see Rob and Amber poling a raft down a river.  That raft matched up with one in Jamaica.  Take it with the golfing spoiler, and you could have a detour of pole or pitch & putt at a golf course.  So, it appears that they spent a full day and maybe another night in Jamaica.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2005, 07:01:19 PM »
I get a strong pitstop vibe from the shot of the Trident Hotel in Jamaica.

I will have to find a way out of Jamaica on the 16th or 17th!

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Ottopart

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2005, 07:01:43 PM »
Raceygirl over at blows gave the times of the photos she took:

Why of course!
I took the picture I posted of U/J at 9:05am EST. I took the picture of Ron (and the other mystery figure in red that some now think is Rob) at 9:40am EST. Puerto Rico isn't EST - they are an hour ahead or after - I don't remember - but I didn't change the settings on my camera from EST, so there you go!

To those who discuss U/J not having packs because they are going back to get them or already checked them - they pulled up, got out just as they are pictured, and went into the airport. Some other Amazing Race staff people got into the SUV and took it away, like they did the first. So, there's no going back to get anything out of the SUV, and there was no checking bags between pulling up and my picture. Alas, I got the pic as I waited in the never-ending line to check my bags to head to Miami!

Also, as a side note to those who think the guy in red is Rob - if it is - that means that I snatched pics of R/A, R/K, and U/J within 30 minutes of each other. So, they are close!!! Also, it means I am bummed I might have missed Rob and Amber, which while I still think unlikely - I guess is possible being that he had no cameraman, no Amber, and no pack with him. But I agree that those clothes are awfully coincidental!

Big Smiles, ~MY~

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2005, 08:06:14 PM »
About traveling on December 16th

AirWise seems to have mental block about going from Jamaica to Porto Rico on December the 16th.   But if you try KIN to FLL (Fort Lauderdale) you get six flights from departing from 6:25 am to 6:05 pm.  Then if you try FLL to SJU (San Juan, Porto Rico) you get 12 flights departing from 8:30 am to 7:30 pm.  The earliest combination would be Delta 8853 departing KIN at 6:25 am, arriving FLL at 9:05 am with American 1093 departing FLL at 10:34 am , arriving SJU at 1:00 pm.

So, that works.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2005, 08:28:59 PM »
Thanks Ottopart,supsandalee, and Raceygirl.

From Time Zone Converter

10:05:00 Sat Dec 18 2004 in America/Puerto_Rico converts to
09:05:00 Sat Dec 18 2004 in US/Eastern 
DST* is not in effect on this date/time in America/Puerto_Rico
DST* is not in effect on this date/time in US/Eastern

So the photo of U&J was taken at 10:05 am local San Juan time.  Flight 1550 would be leaving in 30 min.  I don’t think they made that flight.  The photo of Ron was taken at 10:40 am local time.  They did not make flight 1550. 

Since Raceygirl believes there were no teams on her flight 1350 that leaves the later only flight 1236 leaving at 2:41 pm on a 757 aircraft.

I've asked Raceygirl what time her photos were taken and hopefully we'll see a reply.

supsandalee, Could you ask Raceygirl if it was raining at all when she was at the airport?  Just curious.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2005, 09:31:02 PM by Chateau d If »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2005, 10:26:50 PM »
I dont know if anyone posted this yet ( so much to catch up on )
RaceyGirl 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"
 05-05-05, 10:55 PM (EST)

79. "RE: Time of Photos?"
(Spidey and supsandalee both asked this evening.)
The first SUV I saw got there about 10 minutes before U/J got there in their SUV (9:05am EST). So, I don't know if that means U/J are currently in second or third. The SUV that I missed could have been there after the two I saw, or before. However, as I was in line forever, I would say unless they pulled up to a different entrance, that third SUV got there at least 20 minutes before the first I saw, or at least 20 minutes after U/J. Geez, might need to read that one again.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2005, 10:37:42 PM »
We know that Rob and Amber are on a wide-bodied airbus 300-600 jet, so they must have made the earlier flight no 1114 or 1612 which would give them almost a five or six hour lead if they are headed for Miami.

We now know that Uchenna and Joyce are leaving from Kingston (KIN); but most international flights arrive in Montego Bay (MBJ) so they all might have landed first in Montego Bay and worked themselves around the island to the resort pit stop.

We also know that Uchenna and Joyce get mugged in Jamaica since Uchenna is shown at Norman Manley International Airport (KIN) with the same plastic bag he is carrying in San Juan Airport.

Someone can work up flight schedules for MBJ; we might find Air Jamaica has direct, non-stop flights from London.

Offline Traegen

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2005, 11:14:31 PM »
Would they have to take a puddle-jumper back to Montego Bay from Kingston? Could that be the flight that Joyce is upset about?

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #60 on: May 06, 2005, 07:40:48 AM »
AirWise seems to have mental block

Chateau, There must be a problem with their software.

Assume that the racers leave on Dec. 17

They could fly from Kingston to Miami and arrive at 7:39, 2:10, 2:18, 2:55, 3:25, 5:56, and 6:40

They could fly from Miami to San Juan and depart at 11:02, 1:10, 2:20, 4:21, and 7:55

As you can see, there are plenty of opportunities on the 17th.

ETA.  That vid cap of Rob and Amber on the wide body plane could be them flying from Miami to San Juan.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2005, 08:27:28 AM by Pedaler »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #61 on: May 06, 2005, 08:56:44 AM »
But it pairs up with the one of them running to the gate (it says 'Boarding Passes Only') in San Juan.  The match is suggested by them wearing the same clothes.

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #62 on: May 06, 2005, 09:03:33 AM »
But it pairs up with the one of them running to the gate (it says 'Boarding Passes Only') in San Juan.  The match is suggested by them wearing the same clothes.

Uchenna is wearing the same orange top in both the Kingston and San Juan airports.  It could be that Jamaica is the last pit stop and everyone wears the same clothes for the rest of the race.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #63 on: May 06, 2005, 09:39:26 AM »
Okay, I see your point.

It seems we can't be absolutely sure that the wide-body shot of R&A is the final flight to Miami.

And, in a way, that's a good thing.   [^/

Offline orlando spring

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #64 on: May 06, 2005, 10:19:42 AM »
I was wondering about the final shot of Rob and Amber in the car from the end of the preview-- #71 on this page, so I looked through Tarflies and found that the last time they both wore those outfits at the same time was in episode 2. That means the shot at the end has nothing to do with the swimming/jumping task, just like the Uchenna/Joyce clip is from India and Ron/Kelly is from Istanbul.

Episode 2, on route to Peru: their clothes match clip #71 exactly.

Rob hasn't worn the dark blue Sox cap since episode 4, when he swapped caps with Carlos the boat pilot. Rob's only worn a red Sox cap or the knitted wool cap since then. (Or Carlos's tan cap!).

Amber hasn't worn the red warm-up jacket with yellow stripes since episode 4.

In fact, Gretchen was wearing it in India on the elephant ride.

I hope these links work.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2005, 10:23:27 AM by orlando spring »

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: May 06, 2005, 10:20:00 AM »
supsandalee, Could you ask Raceygirl if it was raining at all when she was at the airport?  Just curious.

Done. Just waiting for the reply.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #66 on: May 06, 2005, 10:48:15 AM »
We seem to be chewing up a lot of screen time trying to figure out how the teams fly from London to Florida to Jamaica to Florida to Puerto Rico to Florida to wherever.  But the mystery to me is why this rounting?

Why do the teams go to Puerto Rico after Jamaica when it almost certainly means they go to Florida in between and then back again for the final leg.  What do they do in Puerto Rico that warrents this backward jaunt? We seem to identify all activity as happening inb Jamaica. But is perhaps the jump off the bridge or whatever thing actually taking place in Puerto Rico?  This gives more meaning to Rob's comment about carrying Amber when it means a million bucks.  Almost sounds like this is the final leg and they are on their way to pickup their backpacks and get on that flight to Miami, the last leg in the "race around the world"

Are we dead sure that the scene of Rob and Amber running through the airport with those heavy backpacks is actually San Juan Airport in Puerto Rico?  The signs about "Boarding Passes Only" is in English. I know that it is pointed out that the ceiling and lights look the same, but it just doesn't seem to match the shot of San Jaun Airport that RaceyGirl has posted.  For one thing, San Juan Airport is a facility almost dedicated to American Airlines. They dominate almost all of the gates.  But in Miami they only have gates in Concorse B, and the shot of Rob and Amber looks like they are in a main corridor and are headed for the American Airlines gates in Concorse B. Security check in Miami are at the entrance to the concorses from the main corridor.  This is what it looks like to me. In San Juan, it would only show gate numbers since almost all the gates are American Airline gates.

Then again it might be the Fort Lauderdale airport and they are running to make the connection to Puerto Rico after arriving on a Delta or someother airline. Will have to check those flights from FLL.

Which reminds me, why in the world are Rob and Amber still carrying those large, full backpacks this late in the race?  Dump the old stuff and buy new stuff with your million bucks.

A lot of questions and not many answers.

Offline jettrue

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #67 on: May 06, 2005, 10:49:23 AM »

[sarcasm]OMG, Amberexia did something NICE, by letting Gretchen wear her jacket??... but wait, she's an evil person, she wouldn't do such a thing!!! Data won't compute, must explode...[/sarcasm]

Offline jettrue

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #68 on: May 06, 2005, 10:59:48 AM »
Are we dead sure that the scene of Rob and Amber running through the airport with those heavy backpacks is actually San Juan Airport in Puerto Rico?  The signs about "Boarding Passes Only" is in English. I know that it is pointed out that the ceiling and lights look the same, but it just doesn't seem to match the shot of San Jaun Airport that RaceyGirl has posted.

I don't know about "dead" sure,  but that has got to be San Juan airport. I think raceygirl's shots are after they have checked in, so it would be a different part of the airport. I guess one thing to do would be to ask raceygirl if those shots look like San Juan airport to her.  That ceiling is just too distinctive. I can't see why they wouldn't have some english signs in a Puerto Rican airport.

Since Racygirl DID see them come in the airport front, they must have had to do SOMETHING in PR, else they would already be checked in and just biding their time in a layover inside the gates. Perhaps Puerto Rico is just a "go to this place (some great PR landmark) and find your next clue". Their next clue say "fly to miami".

Offline floridagirl

• RFF Jr. Member
  • ROMBER ROCKS
« Reply #69 on: May 06, 2005, 11:00:15 AM »
FORT LAUDERDAL FLIGHTS TO PORTA RICO

AIRLINE/FLIGHT DEPARTING TO TIME TERMINAL GATE REMARKS
  AMERICAN
 SAN JUAN  10:34A  3  F8   On Time 
  AMERICAN
 SAN JUAN  1:40P  3  F3   On Time 
  AMERICAN
 SAN JUAN  6:47P  3  F7   On Time 
Life is a reality show.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #70 on: May 06, 2005, 11:10:54 AM »

[sarcasm]OMG, Amberexia did something NICE, by letting Gretchen wear her jacket??... but wait, she's an evil person, she wouldn't do such a thing!!! Data won't compute, must explode...[/sarcasm]
Actually I read ( somewhere  ?? ) that Gretchen dump dived and found Ambers jacket in the trash , Amber didnt give Gretchen the jacket   }}{ .

Offline jettrue

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #71 on: May 06, 2005, 11:14:35 AM »
Actually I read ( somewhere  ?? ) that Gretchen dump dived and found Ambers jacket in the trash , Amber didnt give Gretchen the jacket    .

Oh, that's hilarious! Why would Amber throw it away I wonder quietly to myself....

OK, I take back my sarcasm, LOL...

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #72 on: May 06, 2005, 11:28:43 AM »
I always thought that the Yellow Fleece Jacket that Gretchen was wearing in Istanbul was given to her by Joyce who seem to have a huge backpack stuffed with clothes.

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #73 on: May 06, 2005, 11:36:28 AM »
Are we dead sure that the scene of Rob and Amber running through the airport with those heavy backpacks is actually San Juan Airport in Puerto Rico?  The signs about "Boarding Passes Only" is in English.

G'man, I also had the same concerns but now believe the airport to be San Juan because of the gate sign.  In vidcap #36, You see the gate sign showing the way to gates 5 or 6 through 1? (I can't make out the second digit).  There are two words to the left of the numbers.  The word on top has more letters than the one below.

If you look at RaceyGirl's photo of Ron (a couple posts below vidcap #36), you see a closeup of a San Juan gate sign.  I think it's safe to deduce that the two words that can't be made out in vidcap #36 are Salidas and Gates.  If it was an U.S. airport, I think Gates would be on top.

Also, Ron's photo has includes a sign showing the way to the Security Check.  It's all in English. 

As for travel between Jamaica and Puerto Rico, there's always the option of a charter flight.  It would save wasting a day traveling between Jamaica, the U.S, and Puerto Rico.

Offline orlando spring

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #74 on: May 06, 2005, 11:57:48 AM »
My guess as to why Jamaica-PR-USA is that they clear customs for the US in Puerto Rico. I don't think you can do that in Jamaica, although I could be wrong.

I would guess they have a short task in PR, then go to the airport, clear customs, then fly to the US. I don't see how they could go to Ft. Lauderdale from Jamaica, unless you can go through US customs in Jamaica. Does anyone know if that's possible?

Edited: I looked through the US customs site and the state department site, which state that PR is not an independent nation but a dependent of the US, and that any person coming into a US port of entry must go through US customs. Based on PR being part of the US (much like Guam, US Virgin Islands, American Samoa), a PR airport is considered a US port of entry, so they could clear US customs there. Jamaica is not, so they wouldn't be able to.

It's still possible they go London-Ft.Lauderdale-PR-Jamaica-PR-Miami, although that seems crazy. It's not possible to go London-Jamaica-Miami.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2005, 12:39:41 PM by orlando spring »