Author Topic: Finale Vidcaps updated with AOL " Jump" preview  (Read 52181 times)

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
Re: Finale Vidcaps
« Reply #150 on: May 08, 2005, 08:45:10 PM »
Raft or Craft - I like that, I like that!

OK, we now have a golfer at Montego Bay.  Course looks similar to the quick shot on todays promo.  But golfer probably is not any of the team players: certainly not Amber, Joyce or Kelly; and not Uchenna nor Ron. And as far as I know Rob has never worn a white baseball cap.  So this is probably a production goofer filling during Phil's VO Intro. But is it Detour or Roadblock?  If it is a Roadblock it means we will have three in the two hours, and who would be able to do it as by the end of the other two Roadblocks (Jump and Limbo) everyone would have done the maximum six.  Two possiblilities to ponder: 1.  Limbo is not a Roadblock or 2. Golf is one part of a two part Detour. What would the other task be?

Offline Lucy325

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #151 on: May 08, 2005, 08:54:04 PM »
Thanks to Puddin for the photo, believe it or not, I still dont know how to do that here.....maybe posting for dummies is in order, lol

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #152 on: May 08, 2005, 09:01:01 PM »
 >^% What do you want me to look for Gman ?
Could the production goofer /golfer been mistaken for another team?

bump ~

The Jamaica spoiler credits to Blows

tortfeasorette 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"
 12-24-04, 01:42 AM (EST)

"TAR Spotted Filming Last Week"
My friends were in Jamaica on vacation last week and spotted TAR filming at a resort there. They saw three teams (at least one was a male/female couple -- not Rob & Amber) do either a roadblock or a detour (involving hitting golf balls to a specified area). They said the third team was far behind the other two (like five hours). 

Offline Traegen

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #153 on: May 08, 2005, 09:29:52 PM »
What if Golf isn't a Roadblock or a Detour it is just something the teams have to do to get their next clue. That would make the tasks in Jamaica:

Detour: Raft or Craft
Roadblock: Jump
Random Clue getting task: Golf

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #154 on: May 08, 2005, 09:31:21 PM »
per request ( my picture hosting is acting funky so click on the link if tou see a red X .)
Jamaica
Image: fort-charles2.jpg

Castillo de San Cristo'pal  in Old San Juan

« Last Edit: May 08, 2005, 09:41:37 PM by puddin »

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #155 on: May 08, 2005, 10:46:55 PM »
Castillo de San Cristo'pal  in Old San Juan [/url]

Don't forget El Morro fort. It is also in Old San Juan and is much larger than San Cristobal. I have pictures of both (non-digital in photo albums).

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #156 on: May 08, 2005, 11:01:35 PM »

In the best sort of order I can figure for now  {}{
adding #numbers

London Airport

Ron & Kelly
some other airport

104Kelly< crying > : I Love You

107Your breaking my heart

police Jamaica

112Are you kidding me
,that cops gonna cost us a million bucks

flat

116what was that ? unbeleivable ! no fricking way !

JUTA Tours

Ron & Kelly

Picture out of sequence but will leave it here for now.
123 Jamaica water bottle   Please Lord let help us be the first team

group run toward bridge/structure ?

roadblock??

Romber Run

137 I Cant Run

140 hop on ,come on baby a million bucks

Raft

Ron & Kelly Craft Raft?

153 U&J ?? Craft /Raft

U&J something else  ?? I'll leave it here for now . OchoRio mine/dig/ something ?

Amber Limbo

U&J Airport

can we please make it ? its a race  can we make on this  flight <crys> I dont know what were going to  do ?

RaceyGirls P/R picture

Romber  airport

Tarjunkie999 blows found of San Juan aiport.

168 TARJunkies PIP @ Blows

169 RaceyGirls Ron ? P/R picture

misc golf

Ritz-Carlton’s White Witch
PictureCredits
TeamJoisey
TARJunkie999@ Blows
TARFlies
Dreamer@ Jokersupdates
Lucy 325

« Last Edit: May 08, 2005, 11:13:41 PM by puddin »

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #157 on: May 08, 2005, 11:01:55 PM »
Why Miami??  The flights from San Juan to Miami just don't add up so now I'm thinking why are we trying to place everyone on an SJU to Miami flight? I don't know if I am missing something else here but isn't the only thing we have on Miami is that R/K were seen on a flight from San Juan to Miami and they are the only team on the plane? Also, Miami only has a filming permit for the airport so it should just be a connecting point, right? I know a lot of flights from SJU go through Miami but they also fly nonstop to many other cities. Maybe even the final city! Could be that R/K took a flight via Miami and the others got a direct flight or a flight through a different city. What do you think? If only we knew the final city!!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #158 on: May 08, 2005, 11:32:38 PM »
supsandalee , your request .

Morro fort /SanJuan PuertoRico

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #159 on: May 09, 2005, 12:19:47 AM »
Nice one ,  credits to Ferretricks as posted at Sucks !! and confimed by about that  ]**]
Exactly!!! 

Photo of American Airlines Check-In at PR International Airport

Offline jettrue

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #160 on: May 09, 2005, 08:13:09 AM »
This is exciting! One day left!

I think that U&J and R&K are doing the same task. Have no idea what they are doing, but I don't think that they are showing two different tasks... we see Kelly with bamboo and is messing with rocks. It's hard to tell if she's banging what looks like a rung of a ladder in, or is trying to 'gore' the rock with the stick. And what the heck is Ron doing in that shot? It looks like he's messing with other large bamboo polls, and then it looks like a long line of parallel bamboo polls in the distance...like a bamboo train track. Then there is U&J with what seems to be gloves... perhaps its something they have to do at the end, requires gloves? Who knows!

Theory about the golfer in the preview... could it just be perhaps a shot from the beginning, where Phil says something like "now the teams are heading to sunny Jamaica, home of world renowned golf courses" (LOL) like a little come to Jamaica golfers! commercial. heh heh . Though I do agree, I like idea of a "dive or drive" detour, but we only see one team member jumping, which seems like a Roadblock to me, and then we see the rafting/doing odd things with rocks and bamboo which seems like a detour.

I can't see the limbo being another roadblock, because that would be te 12th roadblock, and I think they would save one for the mainland and the final part of the finale. So, perhaps it's just a task to get a clue, like someone else mentioned. Hopefully only one person has to do it though... the limbo would be really tough for the men.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #161 on: May 09, 2005, 09:23:21 AM »
Also, Miami only has a filming permit for the airport so it should just be a connecting point, right?

Slowhatch at TWoP found this back in January.

VIACOM INC., Marina del Rey, CA. Destination Miami. Several locations.

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #162 on: May 09, 2005, 09:57:04 AM »
Chateau,  Great find.  I had not seen that one.  That's probably the finish line.  I don't think the race producers would strip a team of their possessions (including heavy jackets) in a tropical climate and then send them to a cold climate.

I suspect the finish mat is at a location where you would see Biscayne Bay and downtown Miami in the background.  There are lots of extremely scenic locations from them to choose from.

I'm kind of surprised that we haven't seen any vidcaps of the racers in the finish city like last race (F&K and K&J running in Chicago).

Offline Lucy325

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #163 on: May 09, 2005, 10:31:01 AM »
I heard that spoiler long while back, but I understood that the film permit was for the airport only.  I'll see what I can find about that.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #164 on: May 09, 2005, 10:53:17 AM »
I forgot about that Chauteau !

Is that the ocean in the background ? I think I see waves , a stony harbor and a round structure ? Did Ucheena have to wade for the clue ? Maybe we can pinpoint this  ]][  ?

Offline orlando spring

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #165 on: May 09, 2005, 11:12:51 AM »
Puddin, my theory on the clips with Joyce and Uchenna by the water's edge is that it's the end of the jumping/swimming roadblock. They're wearing the clothes they have on at the bunching where they're all running to the house. Uchenna looks wiped out, much like Amber does in the Romber run clips.

My guess is that Uchenna gets out of the water, then puts his pants back on and they get wet because he's soaking wet, and they run up a hill to a path like the one Rob and Amber are on. Of course, this is pure speculation based on clothing and how tired he looks, while Joyce isn't wet and doesn't look wiped out.

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #166 on: May 09, 2005, 11:15:49 AM »
Slowhatch at TWoP found this back in January.
VIACOM INC., Marina del Rey, CA. Destination Miami. Several locations.

I didn't think the dates for the VIACOM one jived for the Amazing Race. It was listed as December 30, 2004 and stated that the permits were filed the previous week. The permit I was referring to was this one:

WRP GROUP, Marina del Rey, CA. TV for "WRP Race." Miami Airport. listed here:
http://www.miamitodaynews.com/news/041202/filming.shtml

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #167 on: May 09, 2005, 11:34:07 AM »
Puddin, could these descriptions from Ocho Rios link to some of the pics? Unfortunately, there were no pics of these on the website I found it on.

"The pier at the west of town is the only reminder of Reynolds Jamaica Mines once the economic base of Ocho Rios. The Reynolds mines, plant and office were situated in the hills south of Ocho Rios. The ore was mined in open pits, dried and then transported to the coast by an overhead conveyor belt 6.3 miles long.

Located beside the Reynolds bauxite installation in Ocho Rios is the Ocho Rios fort. The fort was built in the late 17th Century. The Ocho Rios Fort was recently rebuilt by Reynolds Jamaica and contains two of the original guns from Ocho Rios and two of the guns which defended the town of Mammee Bay."

Offline Lucy325

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #168 on: May 09, 2005, 11:55:28 AM »
The Reynolds pier, was where the ore boats were filled (dredged very deep, pier very high) with the bauxite from the mine which is carried down from the mountains on the conveyor belts.  This was mentioned by me before .  That is what they are jumping from on the previews, the conveyor belt.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #169 on: May 09, 2005, 05:36:20 PM »
Found this at Jokers , this task does have something to do with the raft/craft probably not Bauxite.
<< Bamboo in the background

Offline Lucy325

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #170 on: May 09, 2005, 06:18:03 PM »
Those pics, with Uchenna and Joyce running, away from rocks and such, obviously after finishing the roadblock, shows Joyce carrying the Roadblock clue, BUT why is it colored blue, you can see that circle/with slash thru it, which is always RED.  Looks like someone in production is fooling with the colors.

Offline never0102

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #171 on: May 09, 2005, 06:48:21 PM »
Those pics, with Uchenna and Joyce running, away from rocks and such, obviously after finishing the roadblock, shows Joyce carrying the Roadblock clue, BUT why is it colored blue, you can see that circle/with slash thru it, which is always RED.  Looks like someone in production is fooling with the colors.

No, the route info clues that are blue always have a globe and thats the circle you are seeing.  To me it looks like they are finished with the detour.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
AOL Screencaps
« Reply #172 on: May 10, 2005, 08:48:43 AM »
Credits to Jetrue for the link  :]

306 Ron: Oh My God
308 Ucheena
314 Rob: Wait Amber are we both suppose to be going down there  ?
315  Wheres Ron?
316  Amber:I dont know honey
319 Rob: gotta go back up here
321 Rob: You gotta go off the platform
322 Rob : Come on!
323 Ron
duplicates removed
332 Rob : where is this place baby ?

thats it Video Preview: Jump To It!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2005, 09:44:49 AM by puddin »

Offline Lucy325

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #173 on: May 10, 2005, 08:56:38 AM »
Bet that is the bauxite mine conveyor that takes that ore right out to the ships, as I have said, finally I decent pic to see how far that is out in the water.  Yeah!

Offline Lucy325

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #174 on: May 10, 2005, 09:06:05 AM »
who is that in black shirt, down below uchenna, already on the platform? kelly, joyce or just maybe a production helper