Author Topic: EP 11 Vidcaps  (Read 32584 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: EP 11 Vidcaps
« Reply #100 on: May 03, 2005, 12:32:18 AM »
Welcome  *^?  , and thanks for posting the answer coksy   )')  , like you posted I'm pretty sure this is how it works , they can start begging as soon as the next leg starts not while resting at the pitstop .

Offline Glebe

• RFF Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #101 on: May 03, 2005, 02:22:57 AM »
Hey all, first time poster taking a circuitous route from riii to sucks to here.

Regarding the Germanwings connection: I've been looking at their site and the flights are not always daily. They are daily July and August, but not at other times. The race was filmed in December, so I doubt the airline would be on its summer schedule at that point. The 3:55 to Cologne flies only Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays.

So... how sure are you guys on the timing of the race at this point? Are you sure it's a Monday, as a post upthread indicated?

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #102 on: May 03, 2005, 05:40:48 AM »
Welcome Glebe!  Great to see you here.

There are some awesome detectives here, so I'd bet the calendar/schedule spec is correct.  I'm sure we'll get an answer.

Offline jettrue

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #103 on: May 03, 2005, 08:38:23 AM »
As to the flight times... look here:http://travel.airwise.com/schedules/index.html

If you go to Dec 13th 2004, and search IST to CGN (istanbul to cologne) you'll see the flight.

I'm still skeptical that they actually take that flight though... Heathrow could have the same carpet, in the shot of R&A the carpet is kind of flecked just like the Stansted, but the shot isn't far back enough to see if the carped has the runners of solid color as well. Also, the shot of the Stansted shows a blue theme (blue chairs, blue carpet stripes, blue dots on the glass wall) while the shots of R&A show green dots and green chairs. And I've seem some shots of Heathrow with the same green chairs and green dots.

Who knows! I think they're all just as likely at this point. But someone else also brought up a good point, that maybe production requires them to only land at certain aiports? Seems like it would be easier that way... We've seen teams take different flights in... but have we ever seen teams arrive at different airports? Just wondering... I've only watched 5, 6 and now this one, though I can't recall it before....

Offline cinni

• mind is tiffany twisted
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #104 on: May 03, 2005, 09:18:57 AM »
Hey all, first time poster taking a circuitous route from riii to sucks to here.

:<(  welcome glebe. lots of familar faces here.  }^!
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #105 on: May 03, 2005, 09:26:19 AM »
I confirmed the flight info.

But remember:

But the trick here is to learn that it does not fly out of the large international Anaturk airport (IST)  but from the smaller SABIHA (SAW) airport
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #106 on: May 03, 2005, 09:54:02 AM »
Welcome Glebe  *^? , I read on another board that its very possable that the carpet is not exclusive to Stansted airport , I've never been to London so what do I know ? It was speculation as well as fun detective work , it's very hard to get photos of airport interiors but I was excited when I saw the picture that I posted above , right or wrong   [^/ .  I'm sure if we are wrong we will hear about it but if we are right no one will remember  {l{ .
Just to note the promo on the TAR website does not pick up colors to well , the pattern/dots on the glass doors do match up as well as the ugly carpet ands columns , they may very well be blue  chairs /dots / carpet whatever so I guess we wait and see .
« Last Edit: May 03, 2005, 12:31:11 PM by puddin »

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #107 on: May 03, 2005, 12:23:34 PM »
Wow, I go away for a couple of days and can't believe the number of posts.  Great job, all.

I'm a contrarian like Jettrue.  Remember, Dec. 13 is a Monday.  Available walk up seats to fly to a major city like London on a Monday morning are scarce.  Try flying from Dallas to Washington Reagan on a Monday at the last moment.  Very hard to do.

I think two of the teams have confirmed seats to a city like Amsterdam or Budpest but do not have confirmed seats to London.  They take a chance that they'll get stand-by seats and are successful.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #108 on: May 03, 2005, 03:10:50 PM »
Here's something else to puzzle on for the next few hours.  If Ron and Kelly have to wait until the leg starts before they can beg for money how do they get from the Four Season Hotel to the pit stop mat at the fort?  That's when the clock starts again for departure times and the next leg begins. Or do the producers provide transport for all teams from wherever they are spending the last 12 hours back to the pitstopmat to get the first clue for the next leg (fly to London)

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #109 on: May 03, 2005, 06:11:59 PM »
G'man,  It wouldn't surprise me that they all don't stay over at the Four Seasons.  Maybe the other racers only get a regular room instead of a suite.

Teams usually stay in real nice places.  Ron and Kelly are in trouble if they don't stay in a four star hotel.  Remember Rebecca getting 100 dollars at that Shanghai hotel?

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #110 on: May 04, 2005, 10:44:29 AM »
Congratulations to all of the detectives.  I'm probably missing some of the discoveries but here are most:

U&J's cab ride was in Turkey, not England
Confirming Abbey Road
Id'ing R&A on the way to Abbey Road from the Underground station
Id'ing the Circle Line Train, Heathrow Express, and Paddington Station
Determing that the detour was stack or sleuth
Determing that the Sleuth detour ended at the Sherlock Holmes Museum
Id'ing the London Eye
Id'ing the roadblock near the Millennium Dome
Deducing that the elimination (execution) mat would be near the Tower of London or the Tower Bridge

Sherlock Holmes would be proud

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #111 on: May 04, 2005, 03:03:31 PM »
And GMan gets points for calling the initial clue to Abbey Road.

And check out the real boats at Battersea Park.  I think Production rented boats from Serpentine Lake and brought them over. 

No wonder we got the wrong lake!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2005, 03:06:58 PM by Chateau d If »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #112 on: May 04, 2005, 04:15:23 PM »
I think they started the rule about begging as the international hotels did not want the racers to bug their clients.  I am sure they are giving CBS special rates and can set the rules.

BUT they did not say that to M/G whent ehy lsot the money, it may have been because they were at at 4 start hotel as a gift of travelocity.

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #113 on: May 04, 2005, 05:46:37 PM »
I didn't see the boats at first, just goats!  Thought maybe there had been a typo in there somewhere...

Never mind  |(