Author Topic: EP 11 Title~ " The Devil Made Me Do It "  (Read 27304 times)

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Re: EP 11 Title~ " The Devil Made Me Do It "
« Reply #75 on: May 02, 2005, 05:38:38 PM »
That's good enough for me.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #76 on: May 02, 2005, 05:40:54 PM »
It maybe Ron's  butt , we can play the devils advocate right  /{} ?
Here's a pic that  Banzai originally made , its pretty convincing especially the shoes .
I'm just saying maybe it is Ron and maybe he is tagging along with the production crew ? Do any of you know what usually happens to the fourth team eliminated in the next to last final legs ? Are they flown to the final location ? Sequestered or do they just tag along with the producing crew ? [^/

Offline Ottopart

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #77 on: May 02, 2005, 05:54:06 PM »
Do any of you know what usually happens to the fourth team eliminated in the next to last final legs ? Are they flown to the final location ? Sequestered or do they just tag along with the producing crew ? [^/

They do not go to sequesterville.  Sometimes production will use them as decoys on the last day of the race.  Sometimes they are sent directly to the ending city to wait for the finish.  I do not know if they "tag along" so to speak?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2005, 06:07:00 PM by Ottopart »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #78 on: May 02, 2005, 06:45:51 PM »
not a spoiler just something that I just read ~

MSNBC
Updated: 6:20 p.m. ET May 2, 2005Our readers continue to be fascinated with the behind-the-scenes action of "The Amazing Race." We could answer a question a day about the show, and the hoops its crews must leap in order to film a worldwide race.

Q: On Amazing Race when Phil says "Teams that arrived at 12:49 am will leave at 12:49 pm." Is it in the same day, or is the mandatory rest period over more than one day? I always wondered this.      —Kimberly

A: Both. For the most part, "Amazing Race" teams arrive and then take off 12 hours later — although their time may be adjusted slightly for crew-related delays (like if the camera operator had to use the bathroom during a leg of the race).

However, occasionally pit stops are 36 hours long to give the crew some much-needed rest. With a 36-hour break, teams leave the pit stop 24 hours after their scheduled departure time. Thus, we never notice the difference.

For example, if a team arrives at 2:30 p.m. on Tuesday, they should leave at 2:30 a.m. Wednesday. But after a 36-hour pit stop, they'd be leaving at 2:30 a.m. Thursday — still in the middle of night, but one day later.    —A.D.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/7632848/

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #79 on: May 02, 2005, 07:30:12 PM »
I know that The Early Show is advertising having the next eliminated team on Wednesday. But are we totally convinced that Uchenna and Joyce don't get Yielded by Romber in this episode, come in last, and then get mugged by Phil, since this is the second straight non-elimination leg. That would leave the normal 4 teams for the two-leg finale.  [^/

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #80 on: May 02, 2005, 07:36:33 PM »
Totally convinced their is an elimination this Tuesday , also  all the listings for the finale shows " final three "
Final four teams is not normal for the two leg finale Tanbuns , didn't they only started doing that in TAR 5 & 6  , I think  *(^ ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Amazing_Race#Rules_of_the_race

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #81 on: May 02, 2005, 07:52:10 PM »
I have been re-running the tape of Ron at the fort in Istanbul just before they arrive last at the mat. First the pants seem much lighter in color than the ones he has on in P/R. Second he is wearing pants that zip off the legs leaving shorts in Istanbul, but you can clearly see that the zipline is mid-thigh, while the shorts  he is wearin in P/R come down to his knees. Conclusion they are not the same. Now we know that some teams share clothing with others, so perhaps someone gave him shorts when they arrived in the warm climate of Puerto Rico after the rather chilly times in Istanbul and London.

But as far as I can tell, he is wearing different clothing from what he was wearing in Istanbul. Oh, yes, he does have a light blue shirt on under his jacket in Istanbul, but i can not tell whether it is short sleeve or long sleeve.

And what about that old spoiler from Miami saying that a team with matching blue shirts was running off the jetway with a cameraman shooting them from the front.  Could this be Ron and Kelly?  They both have light blue shirts on.

Offline thechosenone

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #82 on: May 02, 2005, 07:55:47 PM »
hmm, i really hope that ron/kelly are NOT in the final three. _-^

Offline Ottopart

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #83 on: May 02, 2005, 08:00:30 PM »
Totally convinced their is an elimination this Tuesday , also  all the listings for the finale shows " final three "
Final four teams is not normal for the two leg finale Tanbuns , didn't they only started doing that in TAR 5 & 6  , I think  *(^ ?

Given that, do you think they will have the final non-elimination the first hour of the finale?  Forgive the stupid question as I'm still new to this stuff.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #84 on: May 02, 2005, 08:08:05 PM »
Phil never said at the beginning that there would be four non-elimination legs.  He only said that this was the first of EIGHT elimination legs.  Elimination in London would be the eighth such elimination leaving three teams from the original 11.  But another question might be if we actually have a pit stop at the end of leg 12 which would be the first hour on May 10 would we have another non-elimination and force one of the final three to give up all their hard earned savings and all of their possessions except the clothes on their backs?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #85 on: May 02, 2005, 08:25:57 PM »
This is what Ron was wearing when he was mugged . Maybe hes hiding his beanie in his pants   8-)'?
sorry I couldnt help it 

Offline gammonwoman2

• " Will's honey woman "
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #86 on: May 02, 2005, 08:30:10 PM »
 :<(hi, GM!!  you and otto make perfect sense!!! })}   so does puddin!! })}   where can we go to find out what it's gonna be??  elimination, or non-elimination!!??   the last two hours, don't they usually recap, then run the last leg??? |(

Offline Ottopart

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #87 on: May 02, 2005, 08:50:07 PM »
This is what Ron was wearing when he was mugged . Maybe hes hiding his beanie in his pants   8-)'?
sorry I couldnt help it 
[/quo

Too funny puddin.  Anyways, Gman, to me even though the shirt doesn't appear to be the same in the airport photo, the pants to me look the same, although the pants definitely looked very crumpled like he has been wearing and sleeping in them for a couple of days.  The shoes look also the same to me. 

Offline coksy

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #88 on: May 03, 2005, 12:09:40 AM »
Second he is wearing pants that zip off the legs leaving shorts in Istanbul, but you can clearly see that the zipline is mid-thigh, while the shorts  he is wearin in P/R come down to his knees.

As you can see in the picture posted above me in Istanbul he had teh climbing gear whichbunched up his pants at the top of his legs. The zip probably comes down lower usually.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #89 on: May 03, 2005, 12:30:47 AM »
My God, Puddin, you have over 10000 posts. 

How long have you been doing this?  ]//{

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #90 on: May 03, 2005, 12:39:10 AM »
 8-)' Since  July 01, 2003,  but I was actually reset to 100 posts   ;)  once or twice so its probably more like 20,000, I really do need to get a  life    /{}  !

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #91 on: May 03, 2005, 01:03:32 AM »
Finally !! Thanks to RealityTV Magazine

May 03, 2005
Racers Gamble on Plane Tickets on The Amazing Race 7
"The Devil Made Me Do It" -- Some Teams reserve seats on flights while others take a risk with unconfirmed tickets for an earlier connection, on THE AMAZING RACE 7, Tuesday, May 3 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.  Phil Keoghan is the host of the series. 

Nearing the last legs of the Race, some Teams take a chance by purchasing airline tickets without confirmed seats on a connection, while other Teams have seats on a direct flight which arrives later.  Forced to beg for money and personal provisions, one Racer shares a stranger's tube of lipstick.  One Team uses the Yield to hold back another Team. Will this delay affect their standing in the Race?  The remaining participants in the race are Uchenna/Joyce, Ron/Kelly, Rob/Amber, and Meredith/Gretchen.

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #92 on: May 03, 2005, 05:57:36 AM »
One Team uses the Yield to hold back another Team. Will this delay affect their standing in the Race?
This question is usually asked of a leading team, which makes me think Ron/Kelly are not the Yielded team. I'm thinking Romber Yield U/J, who started the leg in the lead.

Here's my spec (thanks to all the fine detection in various threads):
Romber get the lead with the early flight, get to the Yield first, and Yield U/J.  As we've seen in the past, the Yield hardly ever puts people that far behind, and U/J catch up to M/G either at the Detour (where they help M/G with the boats) or at the RB (where both are seen in waning daylight).  Ron/Kelly somehow move into 2d place, and Kelly manages to finish the BusBlock ahead of U/J and M/G.  M/G get ahead of U/J (in the previews we saw Joyce having trouble with the bus, so Meredith finishes ahead).

Romber completes the tasks ahead of everyone, but somehow along the way, they either miss a step in one of the tasks, and have to return to complete it properly, or are penalized at the mat.  Ron/Kelly come in first, followed by M/G, then U/J, all ahead of Romber.

The above is what i've based my MW picks on.

Offline never0102

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #93 on: May 03, 2005, 08:37:27 AM »
rmax i think you right one the only thing is that i dont think RA get a penalty (i mean they might) but i think its safer to say that maybe Rob does HORRIBLE at the roadblock and everyone passes him, becuase we do see MG at the RB geting dark and you never know RA could still be there.
So thats my spec. as to how RA get eliminated but you never know they could get a penalty.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #94 on: May 03, 2005, 10:10:27 AM »
Some Teams reserve seats on flights while others take a risk with unconfirmed tickets for an earlier connection

This pretty well tells me that both R&A and R&K do the early flight.  We were told that R&K get to use the internet in their special hotel suite (I would guess that they are not restricted to just Travelocity).  So Ron or Kelly would have 12 hours to map out exit plans for a collection of likely destinations.  This is presently puzzling me.  Because wouldn't R&A head off to the airport (IST) before R&K go to (SAW)?  I am seeing about a half hour between their checkin times.  It's hard to imagine that both teams would think of using the SAW-CGN-STN trick independently.

Time is running out.  But someone should see if there is another 'better' flight to use involving IST.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #95 on: May 03, 2005, 10:16:33 AM »
Maybe R&K flag down R&A at the mat (we would never be shown this) and negotiate a trade of key information--the flight--for some cash.  Which they need.

Of course what we see would be Rob acting as Mr. nice guy and waiting for R&K, spotting them some cab fare and "oh, there is this flight..."

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #96 on: May 03, 2005, 10:25:54 AM »
I could see this happening , what if Romber make the connection and Ron & Kelly don't ? That could really set R&K back , just a thought .

Offline kraziladi

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Propane & Champagne...breakfast of balloonists!!!
« Reply #97 on: May 03, 2005, 10:30:42 AM »
I could see this happening , what if Romber make the connection and Ron & Kelly don't ? That could really set R&K back , just a thought .

Or vice-versa...  ((^

Offline coksy

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #98 on: May 03, 2005, 11:08:07 AM »
Some Teams reserve seats on flights while others take a risk with unconfirmed tickets for an earlier connection

This pretty well tells me that both R&A and R&K do the early flight.  We were told that R&K get to use the internet in their special hotel suite (I would guess that they are not restricted to just Travelocity).  So Ron or Kelly would have 12 hours to map out exit plans for a collection of likely destinations.  This is presently puzzling me.  Because wouldn't R&A head off to the airport (IST) before R&K go to (SAW)?  I am seeing about a half hour between their checkin times.  It's hard to imagine that both teams would think of using the SAW-CGN-STN trick independently.

Time is running out.  But someone should see if there is another 'better' flight to use involving IST.

I think the difference between RA and RK's checking time is more like a few minutes. When RA were on the mat Phil pointed to them Ron who was searching for his key. All he had to do was to rappel down, open the clue and get Kelly to run to the finish line.... I don't think that took a half hour... unless they stopped to put on more clothes

Offline Traegen

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #99 on: May 03, 2005, 11:39:42 AM »
From their appearance on the mat I would say that Ron and Kelly didn't put on any extra clothes - Kelly didn't look like she had and why would Ron put the harness back on after.