Author Topic: 4/19 EP9 title~ " We Have A bad Elephant"  (Read 31684 times)

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
Re: 4/19 EP9 title~ " We Have A bad Elephant"
« Reply #75 on: April 17, 2005, 12:02:30 PM »
Some interesting bits and pieces from CBS's SUNDAY MORNING program today:

A plug for this week's The Early Show:  "On the Early Show this week, The Amazing Race and Survivors castoffs"

Are they plugging an ELIMINATION leg this week?  If so, it would be Elimination Number Seven or of Eight with only one more to occur on April 26, May 3 or May 10.  If it is indeed an elimination episode (legs are getting confusing since we have a nu mber of double legs) this week, then next week could be the NON ELIMINATION episode and the Eighth Elimination could be on May 3.  This would leave THREE teams to race through a double leg during the two-hour FINALE on May 10. Could make sense. So lets consider that if they announce it live on the air that TES will have a castoff on its show, they usually do so. And if it is an elimination leg - will Romber interrupt their Honeymoon in  the Bahamas to appear on the show??? (could be live from Atlantis, I suppose, but really)

Another look and it seems at least three teams are pushing those wooden elephants (sometimes they push and sometimes they lead, so it must be a difficult route to follow) We see Rob and Amber pushing and leading; Ron and Kelly pushing and leading; and Meredith leading with Gretchen perched up on high (trying to find the way?) and at the end of the clip, Meredith bends over in agony or disgust or out of patience or just plain lost again!)  That's where Gretchen could say "We have a bad elephant."  Nothing on Alex and Lynn with the elephants so there may be another task involved in a Detour. Also nothing on Uchenna and Joyce at either the Roadblock (Camels) or Detour (Elephants)  Far shot of someone with dark hair and dark long-sleeve shirt on getting hair shorn. Joyce or a native plant?

Hard to tell which task comes first in Jodhpur since the shadows look long for both the elephant race and the camel race. So one could be early morning the other could be late afternoon or vice versa.

Offline MrsKutz

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Full Member
  • So happy to be here at RFF
OK, What I think I know
« Reply #76 on: April 17, 2005, 12:56:41 PM »
I think that U and J get the fast foward.  and are not eliminated.

I think that R & A go for the fast forward, decide not to do it...end up in the bottom two, but DO NOT GET eliminated this leg.... I think they will be yielded in the next leg or the one after and that will take them out.  Maybe as fourth.

I think there are no clips of  L and A in the previews.... at least in the second part (not the camels).

I think Ron and Kelly will not be eliminated.  They are currently second, and do not try for the fast forward.  I think they finish second or third, on this leg.

I think that L & A OR M & G finish the leg last last and are elimin.    WHich ones, I am not sure.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #77 on: April 17, 2005, 01:49:00 PM »
Gman I caught this quick flash of Lynn pushing..its blurred but I'm almost sure its him .

I also think only one team goes for the FF U&J , I was thinking of Rombers last going for the FF incident and how it put them behind waiting to see if Deana & Ray could do it or not and they wasted alot of time standing around .
Also about the NEL or not..The Early show hyped this up last week to . All we can do is wait untill 5:30 E/T on Tuesday to check the newspath " promo" update for coming up on the Early Show to confirm whether or not there is any mention of TAR or not , last week there was no mention at all .
And yeah I fear that M&G may get mugged by Phil once more , we see Meredith huffing /catching his breath with Gretchen riding on top and apparently not helping  ..of course we still have Raceygirls P/R airport pics that may or may not support a Ron & Kelly mugging at some point  , if thats Ron..I still have a hinkie that its not.

Offline never0102

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #78 on: April 17, 2005, 04:00:58 PM »
Why would you think RA go for the FF when the FF in Amber's hand looks liek it was not even opened??

Anyway we see them there with Ron and Kelly, and Alex is walking behind Rob when he says something about Ambers cammel.  And MEredith and Lynn were doing the RB together so all four teams are together at the RB so i highly doubt RA go for the FF.

My Guess is that this is the placeing at the end of the episode
1. Uchenna and Joye
 But i dont know the corse for the cammels but my guess is
2. Ron and Kelly
3. Rob and Amber
4. Lynn and Alex
Eliminated: Meredith and Gretchen.
I dont know if the info on Rob and Amber and that they wont be in NY Wends is reliable or not. I know they just got married in the Bahamas but i dont know how long they will stay there for.

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #79 on: April 17, 2005, 08:07:21 PM »
Sorry to be so slow this week!!!

Here are the latest Roadblock Totals ......

Rob (4) Amber (3)
Ron (4) Kelly (3)
Lynn (3) Alex (4)
Joyce (3) Uchenna (4)
Meredith (4) Gretchen (3)

Leg 1 ~  No Roadblock

Leg 2 ~ Shoe Shine
Ray (1st) arrived 1st ~ finished 2nd
Amber (1st) arrived 2nd ~ finished 3rd
Ron (1st) arrived 3rd ~ finished 1st
Joyce (1st) arrived 4th ~ finished 7th
Megan (1st) arrived 5th ~ finished 6th
Lynn (1st) arrived 6th ~ finished 10th
Brian (1st) arrived 7th ~ finished 9th
Susan (1st) arrived 8th ~ finished 4th
Debbie (1st) arrived 9th ~ finished 8th
Gretchen (1st) arrived 10th ~ finished 5th

Leg 3 ~ Eat 4 lbs. of meat
Alex (1st) arrived 1st ~ finished 2nd
Rob (1st) arrived 2nd ~ quit, finished 5th
Greg (1st) arrived 3rd ~ finished 3rd
Meredith (1st) arrived 4th ~ quit, finished 7th
Ron (2nd) arrived 5th ~ finished 4th
Uchenna (1st) arrived 6th ~ finished 1st
Deana (1st) arrived 7th ~ quit, finished 6th
Patrick (1st) arrived 8th ~ finished 8th
Debbie (2nd) arrived 9th ~ finished 9th

Leg 4 ~ Timed horse riding
Alex (2nd) arrived 1st ~ finished 1st
Joyce (2nd) arrived 2nd ~ finished 2nd
Kelly (1st) arrived 3rd ~ finished 3rd
Brian (2nd) arrived 4th ~ finished 4th
Rob (2nd) arrived 5th ~ finished 5th
Deana (2nd) arrived 6th ~ finished 7th
Meredith (2nd) arrived 7th ~ finished 6th
Patrick (2nd) arrived 8th ~ finished 8th

Leg 5 ~ Purchase items for orphanage
Ray & Deana did the Fast Forward
Greg (2nd) arrived 1st ~ finished 1st
Kelly (2nd) arrived 2nd ~ finished 2nd
Lynn (2nd) arrived 3rd ~ finished 3rd
Amber (2nd) arrived 4th ~ finished 4th
Uchenna (2nd) arrived 5th ~ finished 5th
Gretchen (2nd) arrived 6th ~ finished 6th

Leg 6 ~ Spear throwing *All teams arrived together*
Brian (3rd)  finished 1st
Ron (3rd) finished 2nd
Lynn (3rd) finished 3rd
Ray (2nd) finished 4th
Joyce (3rd) finished 5th
Meredith (3rd) finished 6th
Rob (3rd) finished 7th

Leg 7 ~ Drive car / move 2 logs
Ron (4th) arrived 1st ~ finished 2nd
Rob (4th) arrived 2nd ~ finished 1st
Uchenna (3rd) arrived 3rd ~ finished 3rd
Meredith (4th) arrived 4th ~ finished 5th
Alex (3rd) arrived 5th ~ finished 4th
Brian (4th) arrived 6th ~ finished 6th

Leg 8 ~ Silver trunk search
Kelly (3rd) arrived 1st ~ finished 2nd
Amber (3rd) arrived 2nd ~ finished 1st
Uchenna (4th) arrived 3rd ~ finished 4th
Alex (4th) arrived 4th ~ finished 3rd
Gretchen (3rd) arrived 5th ~ finished 5th

Next weeks previews show the Roadblock to be some kind of camel race! Shown doing the Roadblocks are Amber, Meredith, and Lynn!!!

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #80 on: April 17, 2005, 08:32:11 PM »
This is interesting, the CBS website on their route page has this posted

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race7/show/ep07/route/destination/?loc=sights

Jaswant Thada
Just off the fort road and not too far from Mehrangarh Fort, this breathtaking white marble memorial to Maharaja Jaswant Singh II is the Pit Stop for this leg of THE AMAZING RACE. The complex features four cenotaphs, the earliest of which dates from 1899, and a royal crematorium

But they have the pitstop listed in Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India for EPISODE 7.  What in the world are they thiniking.

The interns at CBS finally opened their eyes and discovered they had posted the wrong information for "Episode 7". The webpage no longer talks about JODHPUR and the pit stop at JASWANT THADA, and now give you information about LUCKNOW where they actually did end up. But too late, CBS, fire the intern for blowing next week's ep right out of the water!

The CBS website knows that Episode 7 is LUCKNOW, INDIA.

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #81 on: April 17, 2005, 09:08:43 PM »
We also have Kelly doing the camel bit (I wish she would wear a bra!! - but it is a feast for these old eyeballs).

In the past in the PRINT media they have talked about a TAR castoff on TES on Wednesday, but not on live video. If it is mentioned by someone from the show on live video, then there IS a TAR castoff on the Wednesday show. 

From the look of the shadows and lack thereof for Meredith and Gretchen it looks like they are behind the others at the Camel Roadblock, and behind the others during the Elephant push.  My guess is that they are running way behind the others even after the bunchup at the overnight train ride (what service to have a local attendent tuck you in your berth!) and everyone seeming to be together at the Marwar Festival in Jodhpur.

My guess is that April 19 is an ELIMINATION (Meredith and Gretchen are NOT saved by the NELL)
April 26 is NON ELIMINATION
May 3 is the EIGHTH ELIMINATION leaving three teams to race a double leg on
May 10 to the Finish Line in Miami or New York

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #82 on: April 17, 2005, 09:35:12 PM »
 /(^ nooooooo not M&G ..... )-** I still say we wait untill Tuesday at 5:30 for the news updates @ CBS to be sure .

April 19 is an ELIMINATION                                           TO GET DOWN TO 4 TEAMS
April 26 is NON ELIMINATION                                         TO KEEP AT 4 TEAMS
May 3 is the EIGHTH ELIMINATION                                 TO GET DOWN TO 3 TEAMS
May 10 to the Finish Line in Miami or New York                THREE TEAMS RACING TO THE FINISH

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #83 on: April 17, 2005, 09:40:58 PM »
Looking at vid caps 29, 43, and 44; it looks like Meredith is all worn out and done. 

I can't see the race going to India for 2 episodes and not eliminating anyone.

So long M&G.

Offline gammonwoman2

• " Will's honey woman "
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #84 on: April 17, 2005, 09:46:06 PM »
is there a possibility they use the yield?? 8-)'

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #85 on: April 17, 2005, 09:59:35 PM »
From the look of the shadows and lack thereof for Meredith and Gretchen it looks like they are behind the others at the Camel Roadblock, and behind the others during the Elephant push. 

Isn't that Lynn racing a camel next to Meredith (pic 62 on page 3)? I also noticed that M/G are both wearing jackets in both tasks so it would seem unlikely that they take place in afternoon 80+ degree weather  -- not unless they are wearing everything in case of another mugging. (*(

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #86 on: April 17, 2005, 10:13:59 PM »
All I can see from these Vidcaps are that at some point at the Roadblock Romber are with/racing camels Ron and Kelly and
Meredith and Gretch are with /Racing camelsLynn & Alex .

Kelly
Rob

Ron in front of Amber

Meridith in front of Lynn

Gretchen

Is this Gretchen?

Lynn & Alex , Alex blue shirt

Crappy Vidcap from my VCR ,
see how the teams have there backpacks piled up? Could this be Alex coming into the picture with his large backpack? On the video it really does look like him . See he's dragging another backpack. Maybe thats why Rob looks pissed here  ,perhaps L&A have caught up to them ?
Click on the Vidcap below for the larger crappier version

« Last Edit: April 18, 2005, 09:34:07 AM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #87 on: April 17, 2005, 11:01:20 PM »
LOOk LOOk ..I was going through Dreamers Vidcaps ..the Dude in the train is handing Meredith a clue !
I think he is waking Meredith up to hand it to him  ! Unless thats Gretchen in the Shadows holding it ?

« Last Edit: April 17, 2005, 11:06:31 PM by puddin »

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #88 on: April 18, 2005, 09:30:12 AM »
That is strange that they wake them up for a clue...maybe the train has stopped and m/g did nto wake up so they have to go find them

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #89 on: April 18, 2005, 09:39:45 AM »
It could be Gretchen hidden sorta behind the Train Dude I can't tell fo sure and it sure looks like the dude has the clue in his hand ..it makes no sense to me at all  }}

Offline chapera

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #90 on: April 18, 2005, 11:23:32 AM »
It could be Gretchen hidden sorta behind the Train Dude I can't tell fo sure and it sure looks like the dude has the clue in his hand ..it makes no sense to me at all  }}

that clue is being held by a left hand. It makes more sense that it would be the train guys hand, than Gretchen ..we don't see her at all let alone her whole right side? lol

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #91 on: April 18, 2005, 11:36:06 AM »
Great find, Puddin.

You saw how confused Amber and Rob looked when Phil told them the mat wasn't the pit stop but that he had a clue for them.  Wouldn't it be something if the clue only said to take the train to Jodhpur with no specific location?  That would really put the racers on edge, not really knowing where to go.  Then, of course, they would be given the specific place to go during their train ride.

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #92 on: April 18, 2005, 11:38:34 AM »
good idea pedaler...that would explain the clue on the train

Offline orlando spring

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #93 on: April 18, 2005, 11:41:16 AM »
Maybe they time the distribution of the clues based on the time they arrived at the Pit Stop. The train ride is 21 hours, so Rob and Amber would get their clue a couple of hours before Gretchen and Meredith. Not a huge advantage, but it would be nice to know where you're going before you go to sleep rather than being woken up.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #94 on: April 18, 2005, 12:01:09 PM »
Welcome orlando spring  :<( ok what you guys said makes sense , thank you .
Last week I checked the TV Guide listings for Wendsday morning The Early Show 4/27 .. this would be the morning after " We got A Gnome" for what its worth I just checked again and it changed . No mention of the castoffs for the following week now on the Early Show .
I'm just trying to sort out whether or not tomorrow is a NEL or not ..
OK the last time we had a ToBeCont.. was EP6 Hungary we were left hanging in to see if Lori & Bolo got to the Internet Cafe in time and indeed they did ..the story cont..to EP 7 and Lori & Bolo won the Fast Forward /Drink Blood .  Gus & Hera were eliminated !( Link hereTAR6 )
so what I'm getting at is I think GMan is right and tomorrow nights episode is an elimination and next week is most likely a NEL .
Phil said there would be 8 elimination legs ..we started with 11 teams and there are 5 left , 4 shows left ..so tomorrow would get them down to 4 . Unless we have a 2hour show on May 3rd? Thats the only way we can fit in one more NEL , but my listings don't go that far untill tomorrow night around 7ish.
April 19 ELIM down to 4 teams ( 7th elim )
April 26th NEL 4teams
May3rd Elim down to 3 teams ( 8th elim )
May 10 ( finale ) Final Three ( acording to the futoncritic link here.

Old , copied last week 

as of today

« Last Edit: April 18, 2005, 12:09:25 PM by puddin »

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #95 on: April 18, 2005, 01:46:56 PM »
Watching the live video again, you can clearly see that the train porter is touching Meredith on the toe as he "sleeps" and is holding the yellow route marker clue envelope in his left hand. So it now looks like that at least Meredith and Gretchen receive some kind of clue/task/route instruction while they are on the train.

We have been assuming that the teams are on the direct train from Lucknow to Jodhpur, BUT what if they are told to book a train to Delhi and while they are sleeping in the wee hours of the morning (the train leaves at night but maybe not as late as midnight) the teams are awakened and given a NEW instruction which tells them when they arrive in Delhi they have to find another train that will take them to JODHPUR!  Now that would be a really new twist to the old game!!

Checking the Indian Railway schedules there are trains leaving Lucknow for New Delhi/Delhi during the evening from 19:00 to 22:30. Two good possiblities might be a train that leaves at 21:00 and arrives in New Delhi at 6:40AM; another train leaves at 22:00 and arrives at 7:15AM. Both trains connect with a train from New Delhi leaving at 8:25AM and arriving in Jodhpur at 7:40PM (after dark and time for the nighttime fireworks!

In any case whether they are going directly to Jodhpur or via Delhi, it looks like they will be attending some kind of local celebration of some sort.  We have spotted a sign that says Welcome to the Marwar Festival, Jodhpur, Rajasthan. But something is wrong here since the Marwar Festival is always held during the full moon of Sharad Poomima which usually falls during the months of September-October and I think it was held in 2004 on Oct 8 and 9. So perhaps it is some other type of celebration or something that the producers arrange for just for TAR. And probably somewhere during the celebration they will find something or somebody who will give them the ROADBLOCK or DETOUR clue to start the day with. Again probably a bunchup waiting for either the camel park or elephant garage to open after daybreak.

We have been assuming that Joyce is the one shown having her hair shorn, and to back this up we have not seen either Uchenna nor Joyce in  the camel race, or the elephant push/pull, so it is very possible that U/J do go for the FF and end up winning the leg finally. But did they actually renege on the head shaving at the last moment and are just way behind the others during the Detour and Roadblock?

Meredith looks like he is just about at the end of his rope. He looks absolutely exhausted. And at the end of the sequence with him pulling the elephant (who, by the way, is pushing?) he bends over in agony. Last again?  Lost again? Or just plane tired?  And why is Gretchen perched up on top? None of the other teams have a member up there, so perhaps she climbed up there to get a better view on where to go with the elephant. But again if this is unplanned on her part, why is there a small camera (like the mini ones mounted on the camels) mounted in front of her when none of the other elephants have a camera mounted up there on top? Maybe this has to do with the Detour Choices.

A lot of questions to ponder the 24 hours left before ep 8 continues or ep 9 begins.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2005, 02:25:18 PM by gingerman28 »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #96 on: April 18, 2005, 03:13:06 PM »
 I rewatched last weeks EP of TAR and  noticed something and I was lucky enough to find one vidcap at Tarflies. Right in the beginning when the teams left the pitstop ..look at how tight Joyce can get her hair under her bandana..
what do you think? If anyone saved it on tape you could see what I mean .

Raceygirls P/R picture lightened

pic of U&J in P/R credits to RealityChopper @ sucks

What we see U&J wearing this week .
« Last Edit: April 18, 2005, 03:20:50 PM by puddin »

Offline chapera

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #97 on: April 18, 2005, 03:34:11 PM »
I rewatched last weeks EP of TAR and  noticed something and I was lucky enough to find one vidcap at Tarflies. Right in the beginning when the teams left the pitstop ..look at how tight Joyce can get her hair under her bandana..
what do you think? If anyone saved it on tape you could see what I mean .

What we see U&J wearing this week .

I agree with ya, if you look at various photos or tape as the race has progressed, her perm or whatever she has that looked so good at the outset,  isn't holding up too well. She may be hiding her hair for that reason, and you know CBS isn't going to show us any pics in previews with her locks flowing. lol

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #98 on: April 18, 2005, 03:51:31 PM »
This would be funny. Suppose her hair is all weaves. They get to the FF and find out they have to shave their head. Joyce proclaims, "no problem" and takes the weaves out and everyone sees only 3 inches of hair to be shaved.  :)*

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #99 on: April 18, 2005, 04:45:29 PM »
Oh that would be so funny.. or what if she got mugged by Phil in the upcoming episodes and her weaves were in her backpack.. then she'd have run around with her bandana on all the time  :)*