Author Topic: Amazing Race Team by Team Breakdown  (Read 4119 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Amazing Race Team by Team Breakdown
« on: March 07, 2005, 11:09:45 PM »
Amazing Race Team by Team Breakdown
Posted on Thursday, March 03 @ 14:49:35 EST by Trevor

Read here for a team by team breakdown of this season's Amazing Race. It is complete with handicapping odds.......

by Trevor Freeman

Nine teams remaining on the Amazing Race. One mission. Knock off Rob and Amber and win the Million Dollars. My crack research team and I have been poring over the bios of the ten teams on the show and took notes during the season opener. Opinions have been formed and handicapping odds will be placed. Without further adieu, here is our Amazing Race team-by-team breakdown:

Rob and Amber: The big dog in the park. The Kobe and Shaq. The team to beat. We all know this team’s history and that past makes them the betting favorite. I’ve heard a lot of recent sniping that Rob doesn’t have a lot of brainpower. That’s crap. Say he’s smug, dishonest, a complete a$$hole, but stupid he is not. Rob & Amber are both intelligent, athletic, and will do anything to win. That’s what makes them so tough.

Odds of Winning: 3-2

Debbie & Bianca: A formidable pairing that seems to possess good enough intelligence. Should have youth and athleticism on their side. Bianca is easy on the eyes. Even easier on the eyes when she is standing next to Debbie……….okay that was harsh. The only thing that worries me about this team was Debbie sniping at Bianca during the Roadblock in the first episode. If Debbie is prone to b*tching when there is that little pressure, I can only imagine what will happen when the gun is truly at her head.

Odds of Winning: 8-1

Susan & Patrick: The brainpower is there, but there are just things I do not like about this team. Patrick seems to be overly concerned about Rob & Amber. Susan seemed to defer to him a little too much when I think she should be leading the team. Athletically speaking I think they lag behind a lot of the field. I’m going go out on a limb and say that last Tuesday’s showing may have been the best they will have in this race.

Odds of Winning: 20-1

Brian & Greg: This is the team I think poses the best chance of knocking off Rob & Amber. They displayed good common sense/intelligence when they let the Megan & Heidi pass them in the airport parking lot at the beginning of the show. Both are big guys who look like they have good athleticism. Finally, the two brothers displayed excellent teamwork both in working with each other and when they were working with Lynn & Alex.

Odds of Winning: 5-1

Lynn & Alex: I think these guys are sleepers. Both are intelligent and they had good teamwork in working with themselves and the aforementioned Brian & Greg. Athletically speaking they don’t look to be too gifted. I didn’t like the sniping in the preview I saw for the next week’s episode. That is something that has to be avoided; however I could see this team being in the mix for a spot in the Final Four.

Odds of Winning: 10-1

Meredith & Gretchen: Experienced teams like Meredith & Gretchen have to be perfect in order to win because they aren’t going to outrun anyone to the Pit Stop. Outside shot at the Final Four. No chance of winning the race.

Odds of Winning: 30-1

Ray & Deana: I do not like the fact that this couple already has history of arguing with each other. If you look at the teams that have won in the past i.e. Chip & Kim and Freddy & Kendra, they always have good symmetry. The other thing I don’t like is Ray wearing a bandanna around his head like he’s starting at cornerback for the Oakland Raiders. The guy is easily in his 40s. Nothing wrong with trying to age gracefully.

Odds of Winning: 20-1

Uchenna & Joyce: This is the team you want to pull for because they are racing in order to get enough money so they can do in vitro fertilization and have kids. I think they are better than they showed in the last episode. The teamwork, athleticism, and intelligence all exist here. The only thing I saw that may hold them back is their lack of assertiveness.

Odds of Winning: 15-1

Megan & Heidi: The team that every male watching this show is pulling for. All I know is we better not get screwed like we did last season when Lena & Kristy got the early boot. I was openly cheering for them at the end of the first episode to get to the Pit Stop.

Odds of Winning: 15-1

Ron & Kelly: I have all the respect in the world for Ron. Former POW who served our country in Iraq. That alone tells me Ron possesses the intelligence, athleticism, teamwork ability, and desire to succeed necessary to win on the Amazing Race. Kelly was formerly Miss South Carolina. In deference to Ron’s service to our country, my only comment on her being a former beauty queen is that I was pretty surprised when I got the news.

Odds of Winning: 12-1

If you have any questions or comments feel free to contact me at trevor.freeman@east2westsports.com.

link~
http://www.realityfanforum.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=240

Offline gammonwoman2

• " Will's honey woman "
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
Re: Amazing Race Team by Team Breakdown
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2005, 12:30:07 AM »
i would like to see ron and kelly pull out of it, and get up there!!  lynn and alex are hilarious!!  brian and greg are hotties, and love rob and amber!! })}