Ron & Kelly
Debbie & Bianca
Brian & Gregg
Urchenna & Joyce
Lynn & Alex
Pat & Mom
Ray & Deena
Non-Elim

Author Topic: Episode 3 "Do You Need Mouth to Mouth Resuscitation?"  (Read 26008 times)

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
Re: Episode 3 "Do You Need Mouth to Mouth Resuscitation?"
« Reply #75 on: March 15, 2005, 08:31:16 AM »
Another great job, GMan.  Hopefully, the food challenge will be focused more on volume than taste.  One of the drawbacks to the caviar eating challenge in St. Petersburg was that it was inside.  With this one being outside, maybe we'll get a better sense of how long it takes each team to complete based on the amount of daylight and darkness.

Banzai,  Welcome back.  Be wary of some of those other TAR detectives out in cyberspace.

Of course, I want a team that PEDALS to win this leg. |#'

Offline Traegen

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #76 on: March 15, 2005, 08:51:50 AM »
If you look at the sky in the two pics at the bottom of page five (sorry I haven't figured out inserting an image yet) there is definetly time between Rob and Amber and the Brothers. I know they aren't in exactly the same place - it's probably the end of the detour which means Rob and Amber paddle - but it is along the same train tracks and probably not that far apart (just a guess). In the Brothers picture the sky is blue with nice white clouds, in Rob and Amber's pic there are grey clouds rolling in. From the pictures I'd say the Brothers are ahead at this point. (Again just a guess)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #77 on: March 15, 2005, 10:54:48 AM »
banzai ..my man of mystery  ']; ]^]

Offline dameche

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I Love Rob and Amber !!
« Reply #78 on: March 15, 2005, 11:14:09 AM »
Question????  *(^

I saw at Reality TV that they didn't think that the rafting task is a detour.

FreshlySqueezed 89 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"
 03-11-05, 01:46 AM (EST)

32. "RE: Episode 3 preview "
at first i thought the white water rafting was the other half of the detour, but it can't be. Detours have to be done by the teams alone. The rafts had several people in them. Most likely, trained rafters. one could conceivably say that the rafters assisted certain teams (who just sat there and didn't do anything) while they made it more difficult for others. I think the white water rafting is the equivalent of the zipline from the premiere! It's jsut a task they all have to do.
The detour to me is

Bike Up or Hike Up.

They can either Bike up to the next cluebox - Brian & Greg are shown doing that. Or they can Hike up to the next cluebox - Meredith & Gretchen along with another team in grey are shown hiking up the road.

What do yall think???? Banzai, puddin, anyone???????

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #79 on: March 15, 2005, 11:20:58 AM »
Dameche ..FreshlySqueezed  has some valid points ..I really don't know ? There are unfilled holes/gaps in our clues so this may explain it ? Just be glad its not a MW question  {l{

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #80 on: March 15, 2005, 11:57:07 AM »
No way would the producers or Mendoza Rafting let just two people and a guide to steer alone through the white water. In the two scenes we have there are two guides in yellow helmets behind the TAR team paddling in the front.  I think that they did almost the same thing in the white water task in TAR5 or was it TAR6? I don't think that Hike It would compare with Bike It so my bet is on Pedal or Paddle. And there seem to be an abundance of route markers so many may be just directions to the next place in the route toward Mendoza.

Offline Traegen

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #81 on: March 15, 2005, 12:06:21 PM »
In TAR5 the teams that went Sleddging had a guide with them. Last year in both paddling detours there were guides/pros in the boats with the teams. I think it is Peddle/Paddle

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #82 on: March 15, 2005, 01:25:45 PM »
We see Ron doing the RB

behind Romber we think we see Kelley walking away with Lynn maybe watching her , is Ron done with the RB? Are B&G ahead?

Are Amber and Deana watching Urcheena doing the roadblock? waiting there turn or the food to be grilled??

Deana glares at Ray, whos behind her ? Could be Gretchen or Joyce ..?I think its Gretchens pants ?

Lynn watching Alex do the RB ?" I can't"

Deb at night doing the RB ..at least it sure looks that way.

Meredith struggling with the RB?

We see K&R B&G racing to the pitstop?They look happy . And as banzai pointed out this is a park , note the tree is tied , so its not the woods.

Romber pitstop?

U&J race to the pitstop..no backpacks .whats Joyce's facial expression tellling us?

webteaser~
Meanwhile, one Team discovers they are horribly lost after driving two hours in the wrong direction.
Voice over~
VO:Tuesday on the Amazing Race ,the first mother and son team ever find themselves in the last place they want to be  lost !
Susan: This could be it ,it could be over

Original thought..yeah Sue & Pat are annouced as lost ..but could it be Deb & Bianca? Why the night time RB shots ? Maybe they are the ones lost for 2hours the wrong way not P&S ?

Banzai~
So what happened to Debbie?
There're a few scenarios:
1. something went wrong @ the Argentine custom checkpoint
2. car broke down
3. got lost on the way to the Detour or Roadblock
4. got hurt @ the Detour when opted for the river rafting task
5. got hurt @ the Detour when opted for the mountain biking task
6. eat too slow
7. got sick - food poisoning; high altitude sickness; Mouth to Mouth Resuscitation?
8. Bianca exploded when Rob stole the cab
what else? 

I'm leaning towards Deb & Bianca coming in last again  |( not M&G .
« Last Edit: March 15, 2005, 01:53:43 PM by puddin »

Offline tinampg96

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Reality TV is stressful.
    • ColumbusRacing
« Reply #83 on: March 15, 2005, 01:49:51 PM »
Ok my take on who gets lost etc...

Pat and Susan get lost, so when D & B arrive at the Roadblock, they find out that one team is behind them. After a certain period of time, they decide to forgo the roadblock, taking the time penalty(not knowing exactly how long it would be)and Pat and Susan arrive to the RB, complete it in record time and finish last, but with the time penalty to D&B, they are not eliminated and D&B are.

Now the reason that D&B wouldn't know how long the time penalty would be is simple...the only time I can remember anyone quitting a task and taking a penalty was last season and D&B wouldn't have seen it because they were already filming this season.
"The doctor told me to take up a stress-free hobby, so I started watching Reality TV. So much for doctor's orders."

Offline Swanee

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Witless Protection Program Graduate
« Reply #84 on: March 15, 2005, 02:04:53 PM »
Good point, Tina.  Maybe I'll go change my answers (again)! ]][

I'm pantless but not hatless!! :ass:  Yup, I'm shirtless now, too :boobs:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #85 on: March 15, 2005, 02:07:11 PM »
 I changed to D&B getting philiminated  (%# .. |(

Offline tinampg96

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Reality TV is stressful.
    • ColumbusRacing
« Reply #86 on: March 15, 2005, 02:14:27 PM »
Don't change them on my accounts, only if you believe what my thought process has come up with. Just remember a few things.....

In all previews from previous seasons and this season, no one that was ever shown or heard saying.."this is it, we are last etc..." was ever eliminated in that show. Also, the time penalty is enough time to give P&S time to catch up, the old couples have always made it past the 4th leg and usually lose the leg after the first non-elimination round. All of this is what made me turn my attention to the other team with the most face time.
"The doctor told me to take up a stress-free hobby, so I started watching Reality TV. So much for doctor's orders."

Offline cinni

• mind is tiffany twisted
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #87 on: March 15, 2005, 02:24:24 PM »
ack, i unfortunately think that you're right tina. i just can't bring myself to pick them yet. i had high hopes for them as a team, sigh.
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Offline dameche

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I Love Rob and Amber !!
« Reply #88 on: March 15, 2005, 02:37:12 PM »
I have this feeling that it will be Lynn/Alex that takes the penalty..........any thoughts on it?? Could L/A be philiminated tonight????  *(^  :/

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #89 on: March 15, 2005, 02:41:45 PM »
damche, Lynn/Alex were right up there as ones who would be likely to try to persuade other teams to quit (as well as Rob).  Gotta think some more about it.  But there was the comment from Phil about "every time Lynn and Alex stepped on the mat" [it was fun].  Twice doesn't seem like enough for that comment, eh?

Offline Trevor

• RFF Writer
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "We're just hoping work can overcome smartness."
« Reply #90 on: March 15, 2005, 03:01:45 PM »
Bold prediction here and I have not read a spoiler to substantiate it.  Debbie & Bianca may finish last but I bet they don't get eliminated.  No way they eliminate the last all-female team this early in the competition.  If Debbie & Bianca finish last they make it a nonelimination leg.  I guarantee it. 
"Gin is a morose widow. Tequila is the supple mistress with the cojones to attend the funeral. Pour me some mistress."

Offline rmax

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #91 on: March 15, 2005, 03:14:13 PM »
But the N/E legs are pre-determined.  The producers would be liable if they manipulated the outcome by changing the placement of N/E to save a team.

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #92 on: March 15, 2005, 04:11:45 PM »
I watched The Early Show today, hoping they would say something about TAR. One way to determine non-elimination legs was if the previews for The Early Show talked about having the eliminated team or not.

They haven't started interviewing the eliminated teams yet. I think it was several episodes of TAR6 before they had the eliminated teams on.

Offline gammonwoman2

• " Will's honey woman "
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #93 on: March 15, 2005, 04:20:21 PM »
 :<( tan!!  so you don't think it is non elimination??  what about lynn and alex as the last to arrive?? )_^> |(

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #94 on: March 15, 2005, 05:10:47 PM »
No .... I'm not saying that! Just saying that if they were doing the interviews, and then didn't mention it, that is a sure sign of non-elimination. But since they haven't started them yet, we can't use that to go by unfortunately!  (%#

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #95 on: March 15, 2005, 05:14:41 PM »
 }} Did anyone get eyemail this week? All I got was when Sharks attack eyemail  }}{

Offline Traegen

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #96 on: March 15, 2005, 06:03:07 PM »
On the basis that Pat and Mom go two hours out of there way, they are infact 4 hours behind everyone by the time they get back to where they started driving in the wrong direction. Add that to the time it takes to get to the right place and do whatever tasks and get to the pit stop - it's a lot of time. So I think that even if the team infront of them is the one to take the four hour penalty Mom and Pat are still screwed.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #97 on: March 15, 2005, 07:12:08 PM »
 {l{ I had it on but was not paying attention .. |( thanks banzai  ]*[ The game is now locked ..win or lose I think its going to be one of the best episodes Evah ! Can't wait to see how the vidcaps and analysis fall into place .  Rooting for M&G to stay in the game tonight  |*|

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #98 on: March 16, 2005, 12:49:23 AM »
We were all fooled banzai   (%#  ..never saw the Alex & Lynn win coming ..how about Meridith & Gretchen   |#' ? They made the big boys look like idiots again .  cynders if your lurking , please  tell your parents that I think they are awesome  }^!

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #99 on: March 16, 2005, 02:16:33 AM »
 -*^   cynders...what puddin jus said!  }^!   M/G Rock!  (^.#