Author Topic: SURVIVOR PHOENIX Spoilers/Specilation /Vidcaps  (Read 4118 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF

Mike-e

Re: SURVIVOR PHOENIX Spoilers/Specilation /Vidcaps
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2005, 08:04:44 PM »
Have the folks at cbs ever showed the merged tribe color before the merge episode? I can't remember. I think that there will be 3 tribes of six (green, blue and brown).

Offline Swanee

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Witless Protection Program Graduate
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2005, 01:26:38 PM »
I agree.  I don't remember a merge color this soon.  And that could easily explain how two end up on the cutting room floor if there are three tribes of 6 with 2 left over.
I'm pantless but not hatless!! :ass:  Yup, I'm shirtless now, too :boobs:

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2005, 11:14:06 AM »
How do the teams get picked...fisrt ones start to pick team mates?  Grab a buff in the order that you complete the challenge?

If 2 do not make it to the challenge...then it has to be before the challenge.  I wiould be pissed if I got there and then got knocked off before I could compete.  So we have 2 that do not make the first challenge and then one that is voted off if they have a challenge.  That will be some early show interview the next morning.

Riverrat

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2005, 08:05:42 AM »
Hey Texan. You would get a few thou plus a 39 day vacation, all expenses paid.  })}  Not a bad deal at all.

Rumor has it that Angie goes really early. Day one? I dunno.

Offline Swanee

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Witless Protection Program Graduate
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2005, 09:56:20 AM »
^^ Wishful thinking???
I'm pantless but not hatless!! :ass:  Yup, I'm shirtless now, too :boobs:

Riverrat

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2005, 01:47:00 PM »
That Angie goes early? No. I got it from a fairly reputable source but I haven't heard any more about it. I had to go back and see which one was Angie.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF

Riverrat

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2005, 11:16:41 PM »
Thanks Princess Stinker. You are the best.  =]/

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2005, 11:27:47 PM »
 ]**] np River

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Update 2/19
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2005, 11:50:37 PM »
SPOILERS S10: Challenge Board
Posted by: VolcanicGlass on Friday, February 18, 2005 - 09:06 PM EST

SURVIVOR PHOENIX
February 18, 2005

Great find by Dreamer, moderator at the Joker's Updates board and Sucks poster quartzeye.

Dreamer and quartzeye posted vidcaps from "Countdown to Survivor Palau", which included behind-the-scenes footage with John Kirhoffer, the master genius behind the Survivor challenges. Kirhoffer was interviewed in front of the production Challenge Board, giving us a good idea of certain challenge names and possible rewards.

Read more... 

SURVIVOR PHOENIX
February 18, 2005

Great find by Dreamer, moderator at the Joker's Updates board and Sucks poster quartzeye.

Dreamer and quartzeye posted vidcaps from "Countdown to Survivor Palau", which included behind-the-scenes footage with John Kirhoffer, the master genius behind the Survivor challenges. Kirhoffer was interviewed in front of the production Challenge Board, giving us a good idea of certain challenge names and possible rewards.

Read more...

The challenge board is separated into sections, one for each an episode and containing color-coded cards representing the Reward and Immunity Challenges, as well as the description of the actual rewards. In addition, sketches of the challenges are posted above the board.

Some of the footage includes close-up shots of some of the cards. We can see, for example, that for all the "no help of any kind" hype, the players received a boiling pot in addition to the machetes and machetes.

The names alone may not suffice to spoil the challenge, but when coupled with the previews released each week, these vidcaps could be a great resource. As posted on the Challenge Board, we can look forward to the following challenges. Note the keeping of the theme of choice.

Episode 2 - 17 Survivors

RC: Gauntlet Dash - Reward: Fishing Gear (mask, snorkel, fins, hawaiian sling)

IC: Heads Up

Episode 3

RC: Shoot & Switch - Reward: Sail Boat OR Bedding OR Rain Gear

IC: Hot Pursuit

In addition, might we have a switch prior to the Reward Challenge in E3, as suggested by this vidcap?

The rest of these cards *may* read as follows, but we welcome any corrections.
Thanks to biancaxxx for her help in deciphering the cards.

Episode 4

RC: ? - Reward: Home Depot something??

Episode 5 - 14 survivors

RC: Sea Salvage - Reward: Vote for other Tribe at Tribal (?)
IC: No Challenge (?)
possibly DOUBLE TC (?)

Episode 6 - 12 survivors

RC: By Any Means - Reward: Something & Pringles, Jelly Fish Lake
IC: Build it up, Break it down

Episode 7 - 11 survivors

RC: S.O.S.
IC: Sea Stars

Episode 12 - 6 survivors

RC: Going Postal - Reward: Luxury ?

Episode 13 - 5 survivors

RC: Maze at Sea

Of course, this footage was filmed on the cusp of the start of Survivor Palau, so changes may have taken place during Production. And some of these may just be fake cards posted for the filming of the segment. So as always, caveat emptor.

We will update this if we can decipher any more of the challenge cards. In the meantime, if you want to have a go at it, all of Dreamer's great vidcaps can be seen at Joker's Updates or in the Survivor Phoenix Vidcap Gallery.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
updated 3/10
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2005, 11:29:28 PM »
S10 EVIDENCE SUMMARY: E4 - Sumo at Sea
Posted by: VolcanicGlass on Mar 09, 2005 - 05:33 PM

SURVIVOR PHOENIX
March 9, 2005

This is a summary of the evidence for E4 of Survivor Palau, based on available spoilers, previews, vidcaps and discussions across the boards.

If we have it all wrong or have missed something along the way, please let us know.
Content will be updated as new information comes in to support or to contradict what we have posted.

E4 previews
E4 vidcaps

Read more...

REWARD CHALLENGE: Better Built Outhouse

Looks like we are back on track with the Challenge Board order of challenges. This is supported as well by Mersaydeez's claim that there is a latrine building challenge, in which Ibrehem distinguishes himself by holding nails.

Time for product placement for Survivor sponsor "Home Depot." Because, as we all know, any castaways stranded with no help at all on a island would immediately proceed to build an outhouse, were tools suddenly to materialize.

The web site teasers tells us that the tribes are required to pick a tribal representative each for the Reward Challenge. That person will be making decisions which will affect the tribe. Of course, paranoia sets in, since as Coby points out, "what if the person goes, doesn't come back?" The vidcaps of the challenges do not support the possibility of tribal switches, so if any tribe reshuffling is offered to the reps, it will likley be turned down. More likely, the choices involve the RC only. Expect the decision-making about reps to affect tribal dynamics long-term more than the actual decisions made by these reps.

According to the teasers, "spirits are high within a tribe when they win a Challenge and an extraordinary Reward." In All-Stars, all tribes kept what they built (and wasn't washed out by the sea.) The winning tribe also got blankets and mats. biancaxxx at MeSS tells us that the Reward is a first for Survivor (wave to Probst) and that it is bigger than blankets. She also hints, cryptically, that there's more "No Help of Any Kind" coming at us. So, what is extraordinary, a first on Survivor, bigger than a blanket and likely tied in to the challenge sponsor? 

The previews show the Koror tribe lined up on the beach reacting to something at sea. There has been some heavy debate across the boards as to whether this is a happy celebration or simply a shocked response at the reward. Taking all the available information, we tend to agree with clemsonbeav at Blows that the previously RC-winless Koror is a better fit as the winner of this RC, making the promo sequence one of shock at the reward.

In All-Stars, tribes with a numbers advantage were required to sit out players in a similar challenge, so Koror will likely sit out 3 of its players here. We have no caps of the challenge to help us determine who they will be, but if we eliminate those sitting out the IC, we know it has to be 3 of the following: Caryn, Coby, Gregg, Janu, Jenn and Tom.

Tom and Gregg will probably participate, while Janu and Caryn are a good bet to sit out the RC, since they both take part in the IC. That leaves the last remaining spot between Coby and Jenn. Since Koror will likely not wish to sit out Coby from an IC, we think he is likely the third one sitting out the RC.

RC Sit-Outs: Caryn, Coby and Janu
RC Winner: Koror

IMMUNITY CHALLENGE: Sumo at Sea

Tribes engage in one-on-one combat against each other atop a platform over water. Hard to determine exactly what the rules are, but we suspect that the last player remaining on the platform is declared the winner of the round.

As ThumpusMagnus points out at MeSS, the challenge cannot be first to 3 wins, since we see at least 6 rounds, 7 if you believe that Ibrehem without the buff on his head is a different round than the one where he is wearing the buff. Also, because it does appear that we see 2 rounds between Gregg and Ibrehem, it's likely a first tribe to 5 or first tribe to 6.

Coby - James: outcome inconclusive
Jenn - Stephenie: Stephenie win Ulong 1 - Koror 0
Tom - BobbyJon: probable Tom win Ulong 1 - Koror 1
Caryn - Angie: Angie win Ulong 2 - Koror 1
Gregg - Ibrehem 1st round: outcome inconclusive "Olé!"
Gregg - Ibrehem 2nd round: outcome inconclusive
Janu - Kim: outcome inconclusive

The web preview gives us a distinct impression that Ulong is doing well and winning. Between the cheering shots, the dunking of Jenn and Probst's comment about Angie, we are led to believe that Ulong is dominating.

But we suddenly have a series of black-and-white shots of Ulong players at different times and places. Warrior points out at MeSS that at least one of these shots, the one of Ibrehem holding the Ulong flag, is recycled (and flipped) from E3. These shots could indicate that Ulong continues its downward spiral.

The three sit-out players can be seen in this vidcap.

RC Sit-Outs: Katie, Ian and Willard
IC Winner: Koror

BOOT

We get a hint in the teasers that a divided tribe will be discussing voting off an unlucky player. As Brownroach points out at Blows, this probably applies to Koror, especially in light of Coby's statement that 9 people is too many. On the very off chance that Ulong manages to notch a win this week, the Koror players who seem most at risk at this point in the game are Caryn and Willard, as pointed out by Corvis in his weekly confessional analysis. In addition, Janu, if she has not fully recovered, and whoever creates waves during the selection of the tribal reps, might be considered as boot candidates.

The logical conclusion if Koror wins yet another IC is that the distaff half of the Ulong romance will be getting her torch snuffed. Indeed, Kim has no strong alliance with the remaining members of her tribe, and was only saved last week by Jeff's request that he be voted out of the game. If Mersaydeez's information holds up, this week should see Kim exiting the game.

Of course, we could be completely off base.

Check back. Or not.
At any rate, you know who will post it in due time

http://resources.survivorphoenix.com/postnuke/html/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=1128

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
update 3/20
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2005, 08:22:08 PM »
S10 EVIDENCE SUMMARY: E6 - Jellyfish 'n Chips
Posted by: VolcanicGlass on Mar 19, 2005 - 05:19 PM

SURVIVOR PHOENIX
March 19, 2005

This is a summary of the evidence for E6 of Survivor Palau, based on available spoilers, previews, vidcaps and discussions across the boards.

If we have it all wrong or have missed something along the way, please let us know.
Content will be updated as new information comes in to support or to contradict what we have posted.

E6 previews
E6 vidcaps

Read more...

REWARD CHALLENGE: Switch & Shoot

Originally sloted for E3 RC (see Challenge Board), the "Switch & Shoot" was a part of a switch itself with the challenge planned for E6 RC. Still, all things come round in the end, and here is "Switch & Shoot" right on schedule.

None of the challenge vidcaps for this episode show the Immunity Idol, but we believe this to be the RC as it is more logical that two RCs were switched with each other. In addition, while previous tribal challenges of this kind have been for both Reward (see E6 Pearl Islands) and Immunity (see E6 Vanuatu), puzzle type challenges, as the other challenge this week appears to be, traditionally have been for Immunity.

The challenge involves shooting pellets out of a WW2-styled gun towards a series of tribal flags some distance away. Given the explosion of white powder (Annie Hall, anyone?), we think that only those flags which actually split up will be considered as having been hit. There are a total of 16 flags, 8 per tribe. As SillySallyCat points out at MeSS, the players will likely take turns, one per tribe at a time: shoot-switch.

The previews show both Tom and Bobby Jon hitting their own tribal flags, so the question is whether they are shown hitting their own flags by mistake or whether the goal is to for each tribe to knock down all its flags. From the look of apparent frustration or angst in the players on the sidelines (see Gregg, Caryn, Bobby Jon), we think the former is more likely.

No help with web teasers this week, other than they do suggest the tribal dynamics at Ulong camp are still strained. A reward might have helped lift spirits, so we will give the edge on this one to Koror.

The four Koror players participating in this challenge are visible in this vidcap.

RC Sit-Outs: Katie, Ian, Janu, Jenn
RC Winner: Koror

IMMUNITY CHALLENGE: Build it up, Break it down

Four playes per tribe, two race out to the water and two remain behind (makes you wonder how that would have broken down had Ulong won a couple of ICs.)

The players swimming out may retrieving planks to construct something on shore (see All-Stars or Vanuatu) or puzzle pieces (see Pearl Islands) to complete a puzzle.

What is interesting is that the players on shore are lining up and then moving the opposing tribe's locked trunk, possibly to the tables located behind them. In addition, the wooden structures already on the beach appear to be the frame of a building structure. Giving the title of the challenge, it's likely that assembly of some sort will be required.

There are no conclusive caps of what is presumably the second phase of this challenge, but given the emphasis on gloom Ulong faces would suggest this is a Koror win. The Mersaydeez spoilers indicating no loss of additional Korors for some time is also a factor.

Since no players can sit out back-to-back challenges in a TC-cycle, and given who the sit-outs were for the other challenge, determining the 4 sit-outs out of a tribe of 8 is not so hard this week.

RC Sit-Outs: Caryn, Coby, Gregg, Tom
IC Winner: Koror

BOOT

The focus on Ibrehem in some of the previews probably indicates that he is the misdirection boot for this episode. Mersaydeez's spoilers have held so far, and we have no reason at this point to go against them. So, this week should likely see the departure of James.

Of course, we could be completely off base.

Check back. Or not.
At any rate, you know who will post it in due time. 

http://resources.survivorphoenix.com/postnuke/html/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=1133