Author Topic: Fred & Kendra Win The Amazing Race ~ CBS recap  (Read 4563 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Fred & Kendra Win The Amazing Race ~ CBS recap
« on: February 09, 2005, 02:38:53 AM »
Fred & Kendra Win The Amazing Race

After 40,000 miles, spanning four continents and twenty-four cities, engaged models Freddy & Kendra won THE AMAZING RACE 6 where it all began, in Chicago, Illinois. The pair edged out long-distance dating couple Kris & Jon by securing an earlier flight from Honolulu to Chicago. Trailing the entire time because of a weak finish in the prior leg that eliminated dating actors Hayden & Aaron, formerly dating couple Adam & Rebecca finished in third place.

PAINT YOUR WAGON
Departing the Pit Stop in Shanghai, China in first place at 11:20 pm, Hayden & Aaron opened their clue to discover they must travel 800 miles by train to Xi'an, one of China's oldest cities. Once there, Teams must take a taxi to the Drum Tower to find their next clue. As Hayden & Aaron, Freddy & Kendra and Kris & Jon all gathered at the train station preparing for a 17-hour ride leaving at 8:50 the next morning, Adam & Rebecca begged in the Shanghai streets to earn money for a ticket. Rebecca's panhandling prowess resulted in 180 US dollars, enough to join the other Teams on the train.

Arriving at Xi'an, Teams discovered the Drum Tower didn't open until 8:00 the next morning. When the gates opened, the Teams mounted the steps into the colorful tower and discovered a Detour. In this Detour, Teams had to choose between Spray and Scroll. Teams choosing Spray must travel 34 miles to a car factory, don uniforms and spray the entire shell of a locally made car. Teams could have difficulty finding the factory, but, once there, painting the car required little skill, so they could finish quickly. Teams opting for Scroll must travel 31 miles to a textile factory, search through 10 bolts of fabric using a light table to find two Chinese characters stamped within two of the 10 bolts, and cut out the characters to trade for their next clue. While the factory was closer, without keen eyes, searching through the fabric could take some time.

With all four Teams opting for Spray, Adam & Rebecca got the early jump, arriving at the factory first after Freddy & Kendra got stuck in traffic and Hayden & Aaron's driver took a longer route. Although all four Teams were painting at the same time, the early start by Adam & Rebecca resulted in an early finish for them as well. Opening their next clue, the formerly dating couple learned they must travel 40 miles to the Terracotta Warriors Museum that houses an army made of clay nearly 7,000 figures strong. Built to guard the burial site of China's first emperor, the clay warriors weren't discovered until 1974. Teams would find their next clue here. In the cab to the museum, Rebecca commented, "It's a good feeling to be in first, because we don't normally know what this feeling is."

While Adam & Rebecca's lead was decimated when a government motorcade stopped them in their tracks, they edged out Kris & Jon in a footrace to the Terracotta Warriors Museum entrance. As Kris & Jon searched for the correct entrance, Adam & Rebecca entered the stunning museum that houses the clay warriors. After quickly finding the cluebox submerged in the sea of visitors, Adam wisely told Rebecca to run as quickly as possible to the other side of the museum to lead Kris & Jon down the wrong path. Opening their clue, the formerly dating couple discovered they must travel 70 miles to the north peak of Mount Hua for the next Route Marker. Adam & Rebecca's feint worked as Kris & Jon searched in vain in the wrong area before finally locating the cluebox just as Freddy & Kendra, having gotten lost, arrived at the museum.
LONG AFTERNOON
With three Teams en route to Mount Hua, Hayden & Aaron, now in last place, realized that their cab driver didn't know the museum's location. After stopping for directions, a frustrated Hayden said, "I'm so pissed." When the dating actors finally reached the museum, they had a critical decision to make. With no other cab drivers in sight, the pair opted to use the same driver to take them to Mount Hua. This choice tested the nerves of both Hayden & Aaron when it became clear the driver was again lost. Getting out of the cab, Hayden furiously shouted at the driver, "You were going the wrong way!" Now without a cab, Hayden turned her fury on Aaron, sniping, "Hon, you want to walk to the mountain?" Equally frustrated, Aaron threw Hayden her bag, walking away. Their bickering was short-lived, as the pair reconciled on the way to Mount Hua after finding another cab.

At the base of Mount Hua, Adam & Rebecca again watched their lead disappear as they were forced to share a shuttle with Kris & Jon to top of the mount. Even though they were in the shuttle behind, Freddy & Kendra snuck into first after the other two Teams initially ran up the wrong peak. Arriving at the top of the North Peak, the engaged models opened their clue to find a Roadblock. In this Roadblock, one Team member had to take the unique key given to them in the clue and find the specific lock that it opened, out of 3,000 locks fastened to the top of the mountain by couples as a symbol of their eternal love. Teams must complete the task before the last gondola departed at 7 pm. Kendra, Kris and Rebecca all elected to perform the task for their Teams and got down to business, searching for their matching locks.

KEYED UP
As Hayden & Aaron had trouble finding the correct shuttle to the top of Mount Hua, the three women at the Roadblock had problems of their own. After trying to turn endless locks with no luck, Rebecca complained, "There's nothing fun about this." However, persistence paid off for Kris, who became the first one to successfully turn her key in a lock to open it. Reading their clue, Kris & Jon learned they must travel back to Xi'an by bus and locate the South Gate of the Xi'an City Wall, the Pit Stop for this leg.

As Kris & Jon hurried to the bus, Hayden & Aaron arrived at the North Peak of Mount Hua still in the game. As Hayden started the Roadblock, a discouraged Kendra and Rebecca started over, having failed to locate their locks after trying them all. Once Kendra finally found her lock, only Hayden and Rebecca remained in a battle to remain in the Race.

Arriving at South Gate of Xi'an City Wall, Kris & Jon stepped onto the mat in first place. Phil informed the pair that they had won a vacation to the sunny Caribbean, compliments of American Airlines' website, AA.com.

FINAL ELIMINATION
After Freddy & Kendra finished in second place, Rebecca and Hayden continued their quest for the lock that their key opened. Beyond frustrated, Rebecca quipped, "What's the definition of insanity? Isn't it doing the same thing and expecting different results?" Just as the sun was setting, with minutes before the gondola was scheduled to leave, Rebecca continued her search, while Hayden, fingers blistered, decided to throw in the towel and take the four-hour penalty. As Hayden & Aaron started walking to the gondola, Rebecca's perseverance paid off as she finally found her lock, effectively sealing Hayden & Aaron's fate.

Arriving at the South Gate, Hayden & Aaron stepped onto the mat in third place. However, due to their penalty, they fell to last place and became the eighth and final Team eliminated from THE AMAZING RACE. Disappointed in her performance, Hayden received the surprise of a lifetime when Aaron dropped to one knee and offered his hand in marriage. The shocked Hayden accepted his proposal through her tears as Aaron joked, "She's speechless for once." The emotion of the moment also affected Aaron as he choked up, telling Hayden, "I love you so much."

AMERICA AWAITS
Departing the Pit Stop in first place at 5:27 am, Kris & Jon opened their clue to learn they had to fly over 5,600 miles to Honolulu, Hawaii. Once there, they must drive to Puu Ualakaa State Park and find the next Route Marker at a lookout point. By going to a hotel instead of a travel agency, Freddy & Kendra pulled into the lead by booking a flight landing in Honolulu at 9:30 am, while Kris & Jon settled for a flight arriving at 9:45 am. Being several hours behind, Adam & Rebecca booked seats on a flight landing in Hawaii at 11 am. However, the formerly dating couple almost caught up in Osaka, Japan, but when trying to get on Freddy & Kendra's connecting flight, Adam & Rebecca were turned away as the plane had already boarded, sending Adam into a rage.

Touching down in Hawaii in first place, Freddy & Kendra drove on the interstate to Puu Ualakaa State Park with Kris & Jon 15 minutes behind. Arriving at the lookout point, Freddy & Kendra opened their clue to discover a Detour. In this Detour, Teams had to choose between Outfits and Outrigger. Outfits required Teams to travel 10 miles to a tropical clothing distributor and search racks filled with 165,000 articles of clothing for ones matching the outfit on a mannequin. After donning the outfits themselves, they would earn their next clue. For Outrigger, Teams had to drive six miles to a canoe club and, with the help of a steering person, paddle an outrigger canoe down a course over two miles long.

While Freddy & Kendra got lost on the way to the canoe club, Kris & Jon arrived at the clothing company. As Freddy & Kendra finally began paddling down the course, Kris & Jon found the matching clothes to complete the Detour. Opening their clue, they discovered they had to drive five miles to Kamaka Air for the next Route Marker.

WINDY CITY SHOWDOWN
As Adam & Rebecca opted for Outrigger, Kris & Jon arrived at the airport, followed closely by Freddy & Kendra. Opening their clue, the Teams found a Roadblock. In this Roadblock, one Team member must skydive 11,000 feet in tandem with an instructor, landing on a sandbar where their next clue waited. After taking the exhilarating plunge for his Team, Jon landed in the Pacific Ocean while Kris cheered nearby. Opening their next clue, the pair learned they were heading back to where it all began, Chicago, Illinois. Once there, they had to travel by train to the Water Tower, one of the few buildings to survive the Great Chicago Fire of 1871.

With Freddy & Kendra close behind, Kris & Jon booked their flight on American Airlines, landing in Chicago at 5:43 am, after being told it was the fastest one. However, Freddy & Kendra, going to United Airlines, discovered a flight that would get them into Chicago at 5:15 am. Adam & Rebecca, unable to dig out of their hole, booked a flight behind the other two Teams.

CHOKE IT DOWN
Arriving in Chicago, Freddy & Kendra took the train into the city, with Kris & Jon closing the gap when their plane landed 15 minutes early. Reaching the Water Tower in the early morning light, Freddy & Kendra opened their clue to learn they had to travel to Gino's East Pizzeria to eat a deep-dish pizza. A worried Kendra asked, "What if it's like the size of a table?" Knowing what was at stake, Freddy replied, "Then we'll just vomit and keep eating."

Sitting down to a breakfast of Chicago style deep-dish pizza, the hungry Freddy & Kendra initially thought the task would be a breeze. However, Kendra soon became full and didn't respond well to Freddy's encouragement, telling him to "zip it." After Freddy told her "it's a one-million-dollar piece of pizza," Kendra stuffed the last piece in her mouth to finish it off. Opening their last clue, Freddy & Kendra were instructed to travel to Ping Tom Memorial Park, where the finish line awaited.

THE WINNERS
As Freddy & Kendra hailed a cab, Kris & Jon began stuffing their mouths with Gino's pizza. While the engaged models still held onto first place, the race for a million dollars tightened considerably as Freddy & Kendra's cab driver didn't know where Ping Tom Park was, while Kris & Jon headed there directly after eating their pizza. In the end, however, Kris & Jon faced a formidable foe in a train, forced to wait until it passed, giving Freddy & Kendra the cushion they needed.

Running through Ping Tom Memorial Park, Freddy & Kendra were greeted by the eight eliminated Teams cheering their arrival. Stepping onto the platform where host Phil Keoghan waited, the engaged models were officially declared the winners of THE AMAZING RACE 6. About his partner, Freddy remarked, "I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with this woman. Kendra is without a doubt the most perfect human soul for me." Kendra added, "Being able to triumph over all of these challenges solidifies the fact that we are a match made in heaven."

source~
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race6/show/ep12/index.shtml

Offline FreddynKendrafan

• RFF Full Member
  • ~DEBBIE AND BIANCA ROCK!~
Re: Fred & Kendra Win The Amazing Race ~ CBS recap
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2005, 05:43:51 PM »
wasnt that the best moment on reality tv people! })}
was for me.since im such a big fred and Kendra fan! ]#*
its gona be sad tho..im gonna miss them :':')
FREDDY AND KENDRA WIN TAR6 I LOVE YOU GUYS! YAYA !

"4 continents, 24 cities and more than 40,000 miles, Freddy and Kendra, you are the official winners of The Amazing Race!"
TAR7- BEFORE SHOW PREDICTIONS- I LOVE Bianca and Debbie..wahoo..their gonna be TAR7 WINNERS! *So lovable*

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Real, but not entirely accurate
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2005, 03:59:09 PM »
Real, but not entirely accurate

Posted 11:06pm (Mla time) Feb 24, 2005
By Joyce C. Abano
Inquirer News Service

Editor's Note: Published on page A2-7 of the February 25, 2005 issue of the Philippine Daily Inquirer

THE SIXTH installment of the two-time Emmy award-winning reality show on television, CBS' "The Amazing Race," was concluded two weeks ago in Chicago, Illinois, where it started.

The show ended with three finalists in a final sprint at Chicago's Ping Tom Memorial Park in the Chinatown section.

Engaged couple Freddy Holliday, 34, and Kendra Bentley, 25, emerged as winners of one of the most exciting and daring reality shows on television, defeating dating couple Kris Perkins and Jon Buehler. Ex-couple Adam Cardon and Rebecca Malis finished in third place.

For this season, 11 teams of two participants each covered four continents, 24 cities and 40,000 miles in a race around the world to win the $1-million prize.

The race actually ended in September last year. Models Holliday and Bentley told Inquirer Entertainment in a teleconference hosted by AXN Asia how difficult it was to keep the results a secret for five months.

"It was hard," the two agreed. "We didn't 
Print this story
Send this story
Write the editor
View other stories 

tell our family, we didn't tell a single friend."

According to the couple, who are both living in Miami, Florida, not everything shown on TV was accurate.

"Some conversations were definitely taken out of context," said Kendra, who is originally from Hickory, North Carolina. "Freddy and I had this conversation about the corrupt government in Senegal, I said it was unfortunate and very sad and depressing to see ... so many people living in poverty, seeing them suffer... you know, because there wasn't any opportunity to educate them about birth control. I said it was unfortunate because they kept breeding... and the poverty, it was very hard for me to see uneducated people suffering. I was expressing my anger toward the government, and they made it sound like I was being insensitive to the feelings of the people -which couldn't be farther from the truth," she added.

The race gave the couple new points of view about the countries they visited.

"China was great. It was such a unique opportunity for us to be there and be a part of something that has so much history," said Freddy, who hails from Charleston, West Virginia. "Shanghai has one of the most visually stimulating environments we've ever been to ... and we liked Iceland."

The couple said the race also brought them closer, and further sealed their relationship. "All those challenges and being able to overcome them together... depending only on each other throughout the whole race, just made our love a lot stronger," said Kendra, an aviation enthusiast.

Freddy added: "I admire Kendra more than ever. She was just an amazing teammate throughout the entire race. She was always there to pick me up when I was feeling my worst and I tried to do the same for her."

Kendra said the race also taught her to face her fears.

"One of the most difficult [stunts] for me was scaling down the 40-story building in Shanghai," she said. "I have a great fear of heights, but I had to do it. That was a really scary one for me."

The couple are planning on getting married in May. They said their winnings were not likely to change their lifestyle all that much.

"[The money is] going to be invested," Freddy revealed. We have a wedding coordinator to plan for us and do the arrangements, and most of it has already been taken care of. We'll try and turn our $1 million into $10 million, I guess. We'll see how long that takes us."

He added that, since they're already involved in real estate, they would probably make similar investments.

"We also have several charities that we're involved in," Freddy added. "There's one, the Joe DiMaggio children's hospital here... we've been working with them for a while. We've also produced some calendars that you can find in our website at www.holliday-bentley.com."

Kendra said future couple participants have much to consider before joining the race.

"Make sure that your relationship is very solid before you join," she said. "Our winning was a combination of pure luck and staying focused and working together, which we did extremely well."

(The two-hour premier telecast of "The Amazing Race," seventh season airs on March 2 at 10 p.m. on AXN. Regular broadcast from thereon is at 8 p.m. Wednesdays. Watch out for the much-talked about participation of "Survivor: All Star" couple Amber Brkich and Rob Mariano.)

Note ~Philippine Daily Inquirer
http://news.inq7.net/entertainment/index.php?index=1&story_id=28571

Offline FreddynKendrafan

• RFF Full Member
  • ~DEBBIE AND BIANCA ROCK!~
Re: Fred & Kendra Win The Amazing Race ~ CBS recap
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2005, 04:24:36 PM »
thanks so much for posting! })}
FREDDY AND KENDRA WIN TAR6 I LOVE YOU GUYS! YAYA !

"4 continents, 24 cities and more than 40,000 miles, Freddy and Kendra, you are the official winners of The Amazing Race!"
TAR7- BEFORE SHOW PREDICTIONS- I LOVE Bianca and Debbie..wahoo..their gonna be TAR7 WINNERS! *So lovable*