Author Topic: Ep 9 Title: "Are There Instructions on Donkey Handling" 1/18  (Read 16465 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Ep 9 Title: "Are There Instructions on Donkey Handling" 1/18
« on: January 05, 2005, 11:58:50 AM »
Ep 9 or is it 10 ? for 1/18 Title:

"Are There Instructions on Donkey Handling"

Title thanks to  DrScottJMD as posted at RII  (#)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2005, 09:14:57 PM by puddin »

Offline Hi-Fi

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
Re: Ep 9 Title: "Are There Instructions on Donkey Handling" 1/18
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2005, 10:50:15 PM »
This sounds like something Kris or Rebecca would say...

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2005, 09:52:41 PM »
 :)() thank you again banzai..I'm looking forward to the rest  **:)**

VO:Next on The Amazing Race
Scene: airport
Kendra:Barbarians Lori & Bolo butted in front of us again
Freddy: They won't do that to me
Scene :Bolo running through the airport
Adam: Bolo Bolo Bolo
Scene: Bolo & Adam shaking hands
Adam: We need your help because..we feel that Kris and Jon are very strong
Scene: Jon & Kris looking unhappy in the airport
Jon: it looks like all the teams are ahead of us
Scene: small plane taking off
Aaron : it's beautiful here , it's lush it's green
Scene: Haydon walking with a young boy
Haydon: the energy its like nothing I've ever experienced
Scene: Kendra with children surrouding  her
Kendra: the kids are just unbelievable , their so sweet
Scene confessional : Kendra crying holding Fred's hand
Scene : Bolo /Lori  then Kris/Jon running by children through a field
Bolo: hello , Bolo waves
Jon: we have to pick up the pace here
Scene: Kris running behind Jon
Scene: Jonathan Victoria she takes off her shoes he strips to his underwear
Victoria: thanks for taking us the hard way Jon
Jonathan: have some self respect
Vic: its not like your carrying anything
Adam: Run as fast as you can
Scene: Rebecca running / Adam with a Donkey
Lori: its muddy be carefull
Scene: Bolo stumbles while running
Haydon: Oh God this is hard
Scene: Aaron/Haydon carrying a bamboo /hut roof  thing with the locals helping
Lori: Lets go
Scene: Lori /Bolo digging in the mud/ground
Freddy : lets just start loading honey ,endra flinging mud
Scene : it looks like the teams have to build a bamboo structure/hut then cover it with wet mud . I see Jonathan/Vic Freddy/Kendra Lori/Bolo
Bolo: aint it beautiful , points to his hut
Kris : I get the turn  ,stubborn mule
Scene: Jon walking a mule
Aaron: I'm good at guiding ass's
Scene: Aaron /Haydon walking the mules..points his stick at Haydon, and smiles
Aaron: I'm just kidding
Rebecca: lets GO !
Scene: Rebecca struggling with a mule
Scene: Lori/Bolo with donkeys
Rebecca: whats going on? (or Kendra?)
Fred: their having a religous ceremony
Scene : Fred/Kendra confessional
Kendra: the people that were having the ceremony wouldn't let our donkeys through
VO: Don't miss a new Amazing Race CBS Tuesday
« Last Edit: January 18, 2005, 12:51:23 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2005, 12:07:19 AM »
CBS Webteasers~
Next on The Amazing Race
Tuesday, January 18 9PM ET/PT

One Racer is injured during a Detour, and the teammate shows no concern, which shocks the other Teams.
DUH Victoria

A mistake reading a clue affects one Team's ability to complete a task. Will this jeopardize their position in the Race? Jon & Kris

An encounter with some local children brings one Racer to tears.

Kendra !

One Racer is frustrated that his Teammate helped another Team, which leads to a much deeper discussion about the future of their relationship.
Adam /Rebecca
« Last Edit: January 12, 2005, 12:33:23 AM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2005, 10:57:38 AM »
Your awesome banzai.. :D
Like you, I see no roadblock clues ..yet . I'm guessing the hut/donkey task is the detour since we see all the teams doing it , at first I thought the donkey may be the Roadblock but it just can't be as we see them all pushing pulling the donkeys ...lets hope that TAR/CBS  gives us some good promos over the weekend  :)_{}

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2005, 01:58:03 PM »
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race5/show/episode06/index3.shtml

Because they had a shorter distance to travel by kalesh, Colin & Christie and Brandon & Nicole arrived at their Detour selection first. While Colin & Christie demonstrated considerable efficiency using donkey transportation, Brandon & Nicole struggled somewhat. Nicole pulled too hard, causing the donkey to veer off its course. After a bit of bickering over the best way to guide the donkey, the Christian couple completed the task behind Colin & Christie, who reclaimed first place. (Brandon & Nicole on their troubles) Opening their clue, they learned they must take a marked taxi to the Habu Temple, an ancient structure filled with carved symbols of ancient mythology, to find the next Route Marker. (Brandon & Nicole assess their position)

Is this our roadblock Haydon has maybe a red /roadblock in her hand , and she's by herself ? Remember TAR5 when the task was to match a face to a photo..could it be something like that or ...? just throwing that out there .. ?:)?
as posted by Banzai~ :)_{}

http://www.bengm.com/pictures/ethiopia?page=4

http://www.bengm.com/pictures/ethiopia/IMGA0338_1

The rock-hewn churches of Lalibela
Axum began to decline in the early decades of the 7th century following the rise and rapid expansion of the Muslim Arabs throughout the Middle East. Both Byzantium and the Persian Empire fell to the Arabs and this dealt a deathblow to the trading endeavors of the Axumite kings. Little is known of what became of the Axumite kingdom between the 8th and 11th centuries. Around the middle of the 11th century the Ethiopian state reappeared as the Christian Zagwe dynasty with its center in the town of Roha in the Amhara region of the Ethiopian highlands. The Zagwe dynasty, ruled over by eleven kings, lasted until the 13th century, when its last king abdicated in favor of a descendant of the old Axumite dynasty.

The most notable of the rulers of the Zagwe dynasty was King Lalibela who reigned from 1167 to 1207. A brilliant achievement of his reign was the construction of a dozen beautiful rock-hewn churches. According to legend, a dense cloud of bees surrounded the Prince Lalibela at the moment of his birth. His mother, claiming that the bees represented the soldiers who would one day serve her son, chose for him the name Lalibela, meaning "the bees recognize his sovereignty". Lalibela's older brother, King Harbay, was made jealous by these prophecies about his brother and tried to poison him. While Lalibela was drugged, angels transported him to various realms of heaven where God gave him directions to build a New Jerusalem with churches in a unique style. Lalibela also learned that he need not fear for his life or his sovereignty, for God had anointed him so that he might build the churches. After three days of divine communication, Lalibela returned to mortal existence and accepted the throne from his brother, who had also been visited by God (and told to abdicate to Lalibela). Both brothers traveled to the city of Roha and began the construction of the churches. Assisted by angels and St. Gabriel, they built twelve extraordinary churches over a period of twenty-five years. The Ethiopian Orthodox church later canonized the King and changed the name of the city of Roha to Lalibela.

The churches of Lalibela are among the most extraordinary architectural creations of human civilization. Each church is sculpted, both inside and out, directly from the living bedrock of the earth (this type of architecture was not new to the area for there are numerous other examples around Ethiopia dating to earlier periods; the Zagwe constructions, however, took the art form to a new level). There are two basic types at Lalibela: rock-hewn cave churches which are cut inward from more or less vertical cliff faces and rock-hewn monolithic churches which imitate a built-up structure but are actually cut in one piece from the surrounding rock and separated from it by an encircling trench. The probable method of construction was for craftsman to first sink trenches directly into the stone, then to slowly chisel away excess stone to reveal exterior and interior spaces. Narrow, labyrinthine tunnels connect several of the churches, and the walls of the trenches and courtyards contain cavities and chambers filled with mummies of pious monks and pilgrims. The churches are still used for worship today and many are filled with richly painted biblical murals.

http://www.sacredsites.com/africa/ethiopia/sacred_sites_ethiopia.html

« Last Edit: January 12, 2005, 06:46:04 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2005, 07:06:05 PM »
 *()*
 banzai ..what really stuck out while watching the preview were the Freddy/Kendra confessionals ..just really odd? Can I ask what you use to capture the Vidcaps? I use something called handysnap/freeware  and am unable to capture a Full screen ?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2005, 07:50:16 PM »
See that printscreen doesn't work for me ..lol it never did , yep I have XP . And you watch the preview in real media ? I watch it in AOL broadband and I love the full screen pictures but, can't capture really large Vidcaps ..I'm no PC expert either .. I just learn things as I go  :D. Hey banzai while your here , do you watch BB ? We are going to be looking for volunteers to do live updates , vidcaps, transcripts or anything ..let me know if your interested ?  :)_{}  :-*

Offline dameche

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I Love Rob and Amber !!
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2005, 08:47:10 AM »
 ?:) Is BIg Brother on???!! Please tell me that I didn't miss the first episode.  >:( :'(  |:(
If you are referring to something else Puddin, then excuse the brain fart.  :)*

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2005, 09:01:45 AM »
 :()() I'm getting off topic dameche  8-)' sorry about that ..i'm trying to plan ahead for the summer , we need help with the BB Live feeds do you  wanna volunteer ? :)_|

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2005, 10:44:48 AM »
I came across this Japanese site ~
Warning it may ask you to install Japanese language , and it takes awhile to load up ..anything new here ?
The Amazing Race 6
Episode 09 Promo(01.13.05)
http://amazingrace.myweb.hinet.net/tar6_ep09_promo.htm

« Last Edit: January 13, 2005, 10:52:56 AM by puddin »

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2005, 01:07:18 PM »
Adam and Rebecca did well but we see next week they are not doing well...too bad since they were in first.  And Kendra seems to be having an ashtma attack.  And what happens to Victoria..good for kendra ` jonathon help her.

There was a match the face episode. But there has to be something with the kids.,,they are shown and we here Kendra saying the kids are sweet

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2005, 01:28:45 PM »
 :D thank God for google  *()* I wonder what voiceover they had ..If only could read Japanese 8-)'

I've been looking at the video and I get the feeling that Fred & Kendra are safe as well as Kris & Jon  Dick & Vic and Adam Rebecca  because of the misdirection .
its this
A mistake reading a clue affects one Team's ability to complete a task. Will this jeopardize their position in the Race? Why does this sound like Aaron or Bolo to me ?
I wish we had more tvlisting details ..it's Thursday already and I can't find a thing ..except TV Tome which really does't help much ~
Adam and Rebecca have a huge falling out in their relationship, with Rebecca saying that it's over. Kendra has breathing difficulties. Victoria sustains an injury, but Jonathan continues to simply yell at her.

Offline Hi-Fi

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2005, 07:20:27 PM »
I don't think this could be misdirection, puddin. In the last previews they showed aaron and hayden having problems and they were indeed last(is it odd that i'm rooting for them?)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2005, 08:02:29 PM »
 :':') I just don't want to beleive it  :-\ ..I love J&K . I'm in denial .. a fighting couple should go next so that means that J&K are safe  ;D ..I hope  **0  Actually what I'm thinking is that maybe K&J are last but are somehow saved as another team is penalized for not reading a clue right ..J&K move ahead and the other team is philiminated  :)_|

Offline Hi-Fi

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2005, 08:32:47 PM »
I know what you mean...i lije Kris and Jon too.

Looks to me that Jonathan/Vic and Fred/Kendra are in the lead. We always see this two teams together in te preview, right?

Lori/Bolo and Rebecca/Adam take the same flight and we see Hayden with Adam when they are near the donkeys so is safe to assume that Aaron/Hayden made that far.

But we never see Kris and Jon with another tem...that's scarry... :-\

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2005, 08:43:24 PM »
Well :\/ last week in the previews Fred & Kendra were invisable...I'm going to watch the video again  :)_{}

Offline Hi-Fi

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2005, 09:17:14 PM »
Freddy and Kendra look very happy for me in the previews. I don't think they'll be eliminated.
So the roadblock is the thing Hayden is doing alone. What's the detour?? Do the hud or the donkey?? But all teams are doing both!! I'm confused ?:)?

sorry for my english....i'm brazillian. It's verry possible i'm writing nonsense here.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2005, 09:28:12 PM »
brazillian !! Awesome ..and by the way I understand you just fine  (#)

I was wondering why Fred& Kendra look so clean and happy AFter they talk about the donkey task ? Was there a portable shower nearby  :)* ? and yeah the mudslinging and roof carrying look sorta like different tasks to me because we see A/H R/A carrying the roofs while still wearing there backpacks and then we see J/V K/F & L/B covered in mud ? I think we see everyone but J/V with a jack@ss ( how ironic) . Another thing I noticed was that A/R and Jon ( with Kris out of the camara shot) don't look muddy but L/B F/K do while doing the donkey task ?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2005, 09:45:11 PM by puddin »

Offline Hi-Fi

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2005, 09:35:50 PM »
Glad you understand me! I'm from Rio de Janeiro...i got really frustrated when i saw that teams were here in season 2 and i didn't see any of them...

so the detour looks like the mud thing or the roof. Then the donkey thing...

mud: Jon/Vic, Fred/Kendra, Lori/Bolo   
roof: Adam/Rebecca, Hayden/Aaron
Kris/Jon:????

Adam/Rebecca and Hayden/Aaron are doing the donkey thing at the same time.

Offline Hi-Fi

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2005, 10:17:40 PM »
Yeah i saw it, thanks...

I think it's safe we can divide the teams in 2 groups: A/R, L/B, H/A are together in the mud/roof/whatever and A/R and H/A are together in the donkey

Meanwhile we see J/V and K/F together doing the mud thing.

Yet no clue on Kris/Jon :-\

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2005, 11:02:01 PM »
Which leads me to beleive they will be safe  :)_| ..denial denial  **0

Your so nice Hi-Fi , I'd like to hear more about Brazil when you have a chance ?  :)_{}

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2005, 08:46:43 AM »
Is it just me, or has the editing for Freddy and Kendra suddenly gone very positive. They seemed very supportive of each other the last couple of episodes. And when I saw in the previews that Kendra was having an ashtma attack, I figured it might be because she was in another impoverished place. But now I see where she is actually shown saying how beautiful the children are.....sort of like Kris did in the RECRAP episode. I hope this doesn't mean that Freddy and Kendra are getting ready to replace Kris and Jon.  :':')

With them totally absent from any previews last week, I thought it could mean that Freddy and Kendra might be far behind the other teams. But instead they were way ahead, except for Adam and Rebecca, who got the FF.

So not seeing Kris and Jon with any of the other teams could mean that they are way ahead of them,  instead of behind. Let's hope so!  :)_|

Hey Hi-Fi......... would you be interested in hosting our Reality Fan Forum roadtrip. I would LOVE to go to Rio .... especially during Carnival!  **:)**

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2005, 11:45:10 AM »
banzai , your full of surprises  :) ..I want to see your site but the link won't work..poo

Unfortunately, we are unable to process your request at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again later.

Return to Yahoo!