Archive > Survivor 10: Palau

Survivor 11 & 12 Get the Green Light

<< < (5/5)

surviordude_JT:
Heres some more news

"Survivor" Torch Still Burning

by Kimberly Potts
Dec 15, 2004, 3:45 PM PT

CBS is still carrying a torch for Survivor.

Although the recently wrapped ninth season of CBS' reality stalwart was far from the most popular installment with fans, who panned the contestants in newsgroups, the Eye announced Wednesday that it will try, try again, green-lighting Survivor for seasons 11 and 12.

a d v e r t i s e m e n t

The two new editions will air during the 2005-06 tube season. Mark Burnett, Jeff Probst and crew have already been working on the 10th season, set in the northern Pacific Ocean islands of Palau, which is set to debut at midseason with a record 20 wannabe Gilligans trying to outscheme each other for the $1 million grand prize.

No details have been confirmed for the 11th and 12th installments, but, as Survivor creator Burnett told E! Online's Kristin Veitch earlier this year, the production team has scouted locations include the Patagonia region of Argentina, Madagascar, the Maldives, India, China and Papua New Guinea.

Meanwhile, despite fans' disgruntlement over Survivor: Vanuatu, which concluded Sunday with Ohio highway construction worker Chris Daughtery as the newest reality-TV millionaire, the show remained at the top of ratings heap.

For the season, Survivor ranked as the most watched reality show, besting its biggest time slot competition, NBC's Friends spinoff Joey and Fox's The O.C., in every outing. Survivor: Vanuatu averaged 19.7 million viewers for the season, including the three-hour finale and reunion special on Sunday.

Meanwhile, in other Survivor news:

E!'s updated episode of E! True Hollywood Story: Survivor airs Dec. 19, with fresh interviews and coverage of all nine seasons of the show.
Survivor: The Australian Outback, the season in which crafty nurse Tina bested future Gillette razor spokesdude Colby, hits DVD on March 15.
And from the rumor mill, buzz is that Survivor: All Stars winner Amber Brkich and her fiancé, All-Stars runner-up Rob Mariano, are among the couples in competition on the upcoming seventh installment of CBS' The Amazing Race, which is scheduled to air next spring.

http://yahoo.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,15530,00.html?yhnws

puddin:
wow JT lots of good info

--- Quote ---Meanwhile, despite fans' disgruntlement over Survivor: Vanuatu, which concluded Sunday with Ohio highway construction worker Chris Daughtery as the newest reality-TV millionaire, the show remained at the top of ratings heap. 
--- End quote ---
LOL..I guess I wasn't the only unhappy fan  8-)'..fwiw , I read that Desperate House wives beat the S10 finale ratings  ;)

--- Quote ---No details have been confirmed for the 11th and 12th installments, but, as Survivor creator Burnett told E! Online's Kristin Veitch earlier this year, the production team has scouted locations include the Patagonia region of Argentina, Madagascar, the Maldives, India, China and Papua New Guinea
--- End quote ---

Madagascar sounds Cool !! ^:)^

--- Quote ---All Stars winner Amber Brkich and her fiancé, All-Stars runner-up Rob Mariano, are among the couples in competition on the upcoming seventh installment of CBS' The Amazing Race, which is scheduled to air next spring.

--- End quote ---

LOL..I don't think its  a secret anymore  ..I wish they would just admit it already ?? ?:)?

'keeta:
India?  :()() We all see how well TAR contestants deal with India.

Cecil:
I wonder if there'll be a second all stars.  Annother chance to see Elza and Julie hopefully.  lol

'keeta:
I am sure there will be. We just have to wait about three to four years. I look forward to seeing Ami again. You know, she will be asked back!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version