Author Topic: TAR36 LIVE STREAMS AND COMMENTARY HERE! FINALE 5/15/2024 8:30-10PM CENTRAL TIME  (Read 2718 times)

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
23 minutes left in the episode, feels like Ricky and Cesar getting it first try was inevitable and next route info is probably to go to the finish line. Boring ending to a boring season IMO.

EDIT: nevermind lol, not much time left for them to mess up this bell puzzle though

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
Ricky & Cesar searching for directions from passersby while Rod & Leticia arrive at the Betsy Ross House. Leticia is doing the RB in an overwhelmed state. Meanwhile, Juan & Shane finish the preamble recital. They move on.

Ricky & Cesar arrive at the Arch Street Meeting House. "Assemble a three-dimensional Liberty Bell replica puzzle."
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, FL 2024, IL all the time)

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • BIG MISTAKE
No memory challenge :(

This season has been lots of fun despite a compromised leg design, but these last two legs are really letting the rest of the season down
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Leticia says she doesn't have it right off the bat. Juan & Shane arrive at the Betsy Ross House. Juan is doing the task. "This is where we catch up. If I can figure this out in my head, we're golden." - Juan

Ricky & Cesar see that they have to fill the inside. They are shocked by these pieces.
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, FL 2024, IL all the time)

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
I know this will likely be an unpopular opinion but if you do a memory challenge every finale it would be too predictable

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Juan finishes the Roadblock task in lightning speed and pass Rod & Leticia. "How did you do that?!" - Leticia

Commercials.

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
I know this will likely be an unpopular opinion but if you do a memory challenge every finale it would be too predictable

Totally understand that opinion but it's a staple of a finale. Feels like a rite of passage to me.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
No memory challenge :(

I'm guessing because it's a similar situation to 24, which didn't have a memory challenge either. A lot of the Asian half of that route was a last minute change. Most of us have heard by now about the plane problem that happened with this one.

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
What if the absence of memory challenge was because of the route change and replacement legs? We also did not have a memory challenge for TAR 24 when there were replacement legs

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
The length of that commercial break really decreased the suspense even more lol. It's more of a battle between rod and leticia and juan and shane for 2nd place at this point

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
We come back to Leticia absolutely done with going back to the impersonators. She notices the stars aren't the right shapes and goes back to fix her mistake. She gets the clue!

Ricky & Cesar seems like they are nearly done with the bell. They have to hang the bell before getting their clue. And finish! ROUTE INFO: Race to the Finish Line: Glen Foerd Estate!

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Juan & Shane start assembling the pieces while Rod & Leticia is running in from behind. Juan is good at puzzles and hopes to finish this pretty quickly.

Ricky & Cesar looking for directions as a horse-drawn carriage strolls on by. They drive off toward the finish line location.

Juan & Shane finish the bell and begin to hang it onto the contraption. They are off as well.

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
yeah this is probably why tar introduced scramble finale on the next season
what might have been

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
I respect the effort of the editors to make it seem like there was a race for first but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a 1 hour gap between ricky and cesar and juan and shane. If Ricky and Cesar lose, color me insanely shocked.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
"I don't know if there's an entrance to 95 from here." - Ricky the local from Philadelphia.

Meanwhile, Juan & Shane are doing whatever they can to catch up. Ricky & Cesar ask for directions to go onto the highway.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
And... Ricky & Cesar arrive on the Finish Line to all the teams cheering on the side! 8 countries, 14 cities, 11,700 miles (so few!), Ricky & Cesar are the official winners of TAR!!! Their 7th first place finish.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Ricky & Cesar plan to start building their future together with the money and they are happy to have performed this well. They say it's the cherry on top. Juan & Shane come in from behind and are officially TEAM NUMBER TWO of this race. Juan says this has been a huge blessing and Shane said competing against Ricky & Cesar was incredible. They got to see two states. :funny:

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
To Ricky and Cesar's credit, their 1.45 average placement is best in Amazing race history and it's not really close. Eric and Jeremy's record was 1.75.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Rod & Leticia finally finish the bell and are heading out to the estate. And they come running to the mat! Rod & Leticia are officially TEAM NUMBER THREE!!! Rod says the key to their relationship is to forgive, "quickly" - Leticia, and know their kids are going to be proud watching them. All teams heading onto the mat to reunite with each other and the final three are voicing their highs and results.

Panorama shot and end credits!

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
Anyway pumped for Amazing race 37....whenever it may be filmed. Finally done with covid seasons!

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
To Ricky and Cesar's credit, their 1.45 average placement is best in Amazing race history and it's not really close. Eric and Jeremy's record was 1.75.

They haven't just broken the US record, they are now the top-averaging team worldwide, beating TAR Asia's Marc & Rovilson (1.48)

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member

They haven't just broken the US record, they are now the top-averaging team worldwide, beating TAR Asia's Marc & Rovilson (1.48)

Cool tidbit of info. Thanks for that.

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • BIG MISTAKE

Absolute beasts!  :2hearts:
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline PikaBelleChu

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "Pika-Pika-pi? Pika!"
I hope we get another scramble finale on season 37. this is even better than this season.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
And that was the entirety of TAR36! Whew! What a long season for only 10 episodes. :-[ I'm happy to have been your live updater and can't wait for the next season when we get back to some semblance of normalcy. Let us know what you think of this season overall, tonight, or anytime in between below and let your voices be heard! I'll see you all in a bit after I can word and formulate my opinion on the season.