Author Topic: TAR Australia 7: Bitch, Moan & Squeal Here! *POSSIBLE SPOILERS!*  (Read 12710 times)

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
We are going to need this! :funny:

Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR Australia 7: Bitch, Moan & Squeal Here! *POSSIBLE SPOILERS!*
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2023, 06:23:45 AM »
Yay, Australia's back! Hopefully they put in their best effort and things go smoothly this year (and Beau behaves himself at least a little with the greeters  :funny:), they're lucky the network gave them another chance after how last season unraveled.

India's a nice start. TAR's favourite staple for culture shock.

Offline Jjw26

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2023, 07:27:03 AM »
It sucks that the only sighting we have of them is a Roadblock because we can't make a connection as to who is with who  :groan:

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2023, 09:15:32 AM »
It's the first/only city already visited by TARAUS on Channel Seven to reappear on a season by Ten; until now, the latter always went to different locations in the same country than the former (Hanoi versus Ho Chi Minh City, Bangkok versus Phuket, Izmir versus Istanbul) so there goes that pattern.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2023, 09:59:35 AM »
No Warwick Capper? If he was cast, he must have got himself pulled for blabbing to the press after all  :funny:

Too bad. He would 100% have been a villain highlight of this season.

Offline Jjw26

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2023, 10:04:31 AM »
Not a Wiggle being on this cast 💀

Offline OMGitsGARRET

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2023, 10:44:54 AM »
With the whole cast being fully revealed like that I guess we can make pre-season boot order predictions using their pictures and bios before we inevitably get spoiled by the sightings (or them returning to social media).  :funny:

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2023, 10:52:32 AM »
It's a relief to have the first normal-sized cast since TARAUS4; with that said, if the next leg goes to Jaipur, then heh.

Offline Jjw26

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2023, 11:17:39 AM »
Props to the casting team for not casting any AFL players. There's a wife of an AFL player, but no actual AFL player.

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2023, 11:20:31 AM »
Lot of older folks in the cast... I am not sure how to feel about it? They had tendency to quit tasks in previous seasons, lol. Idk if the fact that they are racing for charity is motivating enough for contestants.

Offline Jjw26

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2023, 11:33:06 AM »
TAR AU has been good in the past with racial diversity in its cast so it's a bit sad to see only 1 POC team. However, they got a good mix of diversity in other departments that TAR US has lacked in the past.

4 parent/child teams
3 sibling teams
2 married couples
1 best friend team
1 uncle/nephew team

5 M/F teams
3 F/F teams
3 M/M teams
(The ideal mix imo)

Offline KellyandGeorgia

• TAR AUS 6 VIP's!!
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2023, 01:22:06 PM »
Going to be interesting to see how this season plays out compared to ours! It'll be interesting to see how intense the race feels considering they are racing for charity money (obviously great cause) but might not have the same motivations for the team.

Hope it does well in the ratings and leads to future season!

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2023, 01:32:25 PM »
Going to be interesting to see how this season plays out compared to ours! It'll be interesting to see how intense the race feels considering they are racing for charity money (obviously great cause) but might not have the same motivations for the team.

Hope it does well in the ratings and leads to future season!

Welcome, Kelly and Georgia! <3

Offline KellyandGeorgia

• TAR AUS 6 VIP's!!
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2023, 01:41:38 PM »
Have been on here a long time (without an account, just reading).

Funny story, in Belize they forgot to take the smart TV out of our room (no other teams, just us), so this was the first time we had access to the internet in weeks. We came onto this forum to see what you were all saying about us and to see who had been identified. We went and told all the other teams about it and they were so intrigued, it was hilarious.

Offline Avid

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2023, 02:25:53 PM »
Was he only on too hot to handle? I follow him and I don't know why coz I Don't watch thth :didimiss:

Offline Avid

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2023, 02:40:31 PM »
 :hugs: India.... was missing it in the USA version  :woohoo: I think it was a cost measure .

Offline Avid

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2023, 02:54:46 PM »
 We went from 0-100 real quick ..we just got the announcement  of a celebrity  version a month ago  .And now it's filming.   :conf:

Offline Avid

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2023, 03:00:34 PM »
Tar Australia  and USA..this is going to be messy fun

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2023, 03:10:20 PM »
India! Fantastic country to start and I'm very excited to see New Delhi again!

India was originally going to be featured on TAR Australia 5, before they changed it to an all-domestic route due to COVID, so I wonder if this season is gonna be the season we were due to originally get in Season 5?

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2023, 03:20:32 PM »
No complaints over seeing New Delhi again.

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2023, 03:21:45 PM »

Funny story, in Belize they forgot to take the smart TV out of our room (no other teams, just us), so this was the first time we had access to the internet in weeks. We came onto this forum to see what you were all saying about us and to see who had been identified. We went and told all the other teams about it and they were so intrigued, it was hilarious.

Welcome to RFF!! One of my favorite teams ever!
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline Avid

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2023, 03:57:03 PM »

The first time we saw u on rff ,was the first time you spotted yourselves, how cool. Wonder what's your take on that viral video of reshoots

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2023, 08:04:02 PM »
George is my least favorite non-toxic Survivor contestant of all time so I’ll sadly not be able to watch this. He pushes every button I have

Offline Avid

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2023, 08:15:00 AM »
1 of the 2  rumored to be on the race showed up in the spoilers mThe other is inactive on social media  . Either they are a stowaway  or they are inactive coz they are upset. >:( ..I feel like we will have a s.5 feel

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2023, 09:52:58 PM »
Thought it would be amusing to note that Cornelis, at 16, is the youngest racer ever on a non-TAR8 season.

Throw that in with only two married couples and one best friends team and everyone else being siblings or parent-child teams (with one uncle/nephew)... is this season secretly an around the world Family Edition?  :funny:

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2023, 01:36:06 AM »
Thought it would be amusing to note that Cornelis, at 16, is the youngest racer ever on a non-TAR8 season.

Throw that in with only two married couples and one best friends team and everyone else being siblings or parent-child teams (with one uncle/nephew)... is this season secretly an around the world Family Edition?  :funny:

Oh right. It does look like a Family Edition. I've wanted a Family Edition but 2 Teams.
The Best Friends can pass off as Brothers (well I consider my Best Friend a Brother to me)

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2023, 01:37:56 AM »
I still can't believe it. We've had TAR Can 9 done, TAR AUS, Hamerotz LaMillion are filming. The TAR 36 and Finn version will start soon. I am happy for TAR Franchise.

Offline Avid

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2023, 05:54:33 AM »
I still can't believe it. We've had TAR Can 9 done, TAR AUS, Hamerotz LaMillion are filming. The TAR 36 and Finn version will start soon. I am happy for TAR Franchise.
And yet 35 hasnt released a trailer or press pics but TarAu,canada and Israel all have and are or have filmed this year  :conf:

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2023, 07:28:31 AM »
And yet 35 hasnt released a trailer or press pics but TarAu,canada and Israel all have and are or have filmed this year  :conf:

Why would they now? We know 35's on the fall schedule. They'll start releasing that stuff by September.

The main reason Australia's doing it like this is because it's a celebrity edition, they want people to know in advance for publicity reasons :P
« Last Edit: June 10, 2023, 07:32:00 AM by Maanca »

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2023, 08:46:14 AM »
We'll see whether the Pittmans can clear the middling bar set by Season 19's Sunderlands.

Offline sveped

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2023, 10:34:19 AM »
We'll see whether the Pittmans can clear the middling bar set by Season 19's Sunderlands.

Maybe they'll be the Aussie version of Cormac & Nicole.

#NeverGiveUpJana

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2023, 12:56:00 PM »
^

That does go better as an apples-to-apples comparison.

Offline KellyandGeorgia

• TAR AUS 6 VIP's!!
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2023, 02:52:51 PM »

The first time we saw u on rff ,was the first time you spotted yourselves, how cool. Wonder what's your take on that viral video of reshoots

It was pretty insane seeing that clip blow up, thats how alot of our friends found out that we were on the race. It annoyed us so much though seeing people in the comments saying the show was fake etc. That was the only time the entire race that we ever really had to reshoot anything. We were so excited to be coming first and about to make the finale that we kept mucking up the reading of the clue and exited the frame in the wrong direction.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2023, 04:50:26 PM »

It was pretty insane seeing that clip blow up, thats how alot of our friends found out that we were on the race. It annoyed us so much though seeing people in the comments saying the show was fake etc. That was the only time the entire race that we ever really had to reshoot anything. We were so excited to be coming first and about to make the finale that we kept mucking up the reading of the clue and exited the frame in the wrong direction.

I'm glad it annoyed you as much as it annoyed me, guys!

As you say, the Race is so real and raw, but now and then they do have to make reshoots as, after all, it is a television product! Some people just want to say that about reality television though - always have!

Loved watching you guys! How gutted were you to miss out on racing in Colombia? I have to say, that was the only let-down of TARAUS6 - the cast and route was epic - but all the COVID-outers was such a drag!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline KellyandGeorgia

• TAR AUS 6 VIP's!!
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2023, 05:58:11 PM »
Absolutely devastated to miss Colombia and being out of the race. Was super frustrating seeing people saying we got a 'free ride', we much rather would've been racing and been eliminated. Sitting in the hotel room for 2 weeks was awful, toughest thing we have ever done mentally. Super hard having no contact with the outside world so just having to do sudoku and watch turkish tv channels all day. We also didn't know if we would even be back in the race or where the other teams had gone.

Was super frustrating from a viewers perspective even for us watching COVID ruin the season. I really don't think there was a perfect solution to it. Ideally it would've been great if they paused production, but that could've taken months as teams kept getting it at different times, plus all the crew have families at home to get back to etc.

Having teams out though really did ruin the pace of the season and was 100% unfair for those teams still having to race, we felt awful coming straight back in. All of the Covid teams thought we were going to have to race and only the team who finished first would come back in or something.

Sorry for taking away from the current season, we are more than happy to do a Q&A on another thread!

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2023, 01:38:12 AM »
Are we sure they are still in India?  I feel like they are on an exotic island somewhere.  I gather they don't want leaks so thy will thrive on s :duno:eclusion

Yes they are still in India. It looks like legs in New Delhi, Agra and a third location. Probably moving on to the next country in the coming few days.

So thrilled for India. I've missed it terribly. Hopefully another upcoming American season goes there too ;)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2023, 02:51:49 AM by Kiwi Jay »
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Avid

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2023, 02:57:31 AM »
Are we sure they are still in India?  I feel like they are on an exotic island somewhere.  I gather they don't want leaks so thy will thrive on s :duno:eclusion

Yes they are still in India. It looks like legs in New Delhi, Agra and a third location. Probably moving on to the next country in the coming few days.

So thrilled for India. I've missed it terribly. Hopefully another upcoming American season goes there too ;)
Modern India

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2023, 01:18:59 PM »
So one cannot conclusively rule out Jaipur just yet, eh?

(A pity that Channel Ten only emulated the cast-size for TARAUS4 instead of its routing scheme as well.)

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2023, 05:10:14 AM »
If we are confirmed to be in Malaysia, wow! I've been waiting for a TAR Australia Malaysia leg for a long time!  :conf: :cheer:

Shame that we couldn't get KL, but Langkawi & Penang are still two awesome cities!

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2023, 05:27:14 AM »
If we are confirmed to be in Malaysia, wow!

Neobie is right.

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2023, 11:43:13 AM »
Reverse TARAUS2-ish route thus far, so perhaps Muscat or Abu Dhabi is up next.

Offline Avid

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2023, 01:08:50 AM »
Whelp!! Everyone looks to be in their own corner. No alliances there

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2023, 09:51:00 AM »
Kudos to all three F/Fs for clearing India.

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2023, 01:42:59 PM »
I’m actually curious to see where the finale will be hosted! Personally I’m hoping for a first time visit to Kangaroo Island, but would also love to see Adelaide or Hobart!
"Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit." -Frank Borman

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2023, 12:24:41 AM »
It'll be Victoria now that it's open again, just like it was Western Australia last season because of their lockdown during the domestic season.

Offline Jjw26

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2023, 08:20:15 AM »
The amount of articles from Malaysian outlets thinking this was the American version is insane

Offline Avid

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2023, 05:31:17 AM »
The amount of articles from Malaysian outlets thinking this was the American version is insane
Tar is so popular there, wonder why the Asia version tanked.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2023, 12:35:14 PM »
Saddened to see three of the 'older' teams likely eliminated - Dane & Bow, Peter & Frankie and Grant & Chezzi.

Offline Avid

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2023, 11:46:08 AM »
Hope they show the airport scene of George and sister not talking to the others.  It would be more entertaining if one of them uturned them out. The segment would be called "the awkward walk out of the airport with teammates watching" :'(

Offline Robin4

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2023, 12:41:31 PM »
IDK what Chezzie was like but very sad Grant is an early boot. He's always hilarious on family feud.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2023, 10:31:11 AM »
I want to worry to possibly be.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2023, 10:50:46 AM »
No idea where they are, it's been almost a week since the Malaysia sightings. Given the 10 production's shaky track record, maybe they had to shut down and go home for some reason.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2023, 11:13:23 AM »
No idea where they are, it's been almost a week since the Malaysia sightings. Given the 10 production's shaky track record, maybe they had to shut down and go home for some reason.

They are on the move and somewhere right now, I guarantee it  :carryon:

They're definitely filming at a slower pace than the last three seasons though!

Offline Avid

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2023, 09:21:18 PM »
For a celebrity edition  .There are so few sightings .maybe voz they are aussies. But unlike tar36, where the mm teams are dominating,we haven't seen a ff team leave this competition

Offline Avid

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2023, 09:26:22 PM »
I suspect they are in a middle  east country .like dubai or Qatar.. The contestant  who lives in dubai will obviously  dominate. Unlike the USA version, I don't think qatar is a no go area.

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2023, 09:55:59 AM »
One would have to give Channel Ten props if they can somehow manage to debut Doha.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2023, 06:58:18 PM »
Back to Siem Reap, huh?

Site of one of Jarrod's many memorable season 3 quotes. "She's got one hell of an ass and she just used it, used it, used it"  :funny:

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2023, 07:15:18 PM »
Off to Cambodia! Now that's exciting, but is this Race only going to take place in Asia, or are we eventually gunna move to Europe and South America ala the COVID-cancelled TAR Australia 5 route?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2023, 07:21:10 PM by BourkieBoy »

Offline Avid

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2023, 12:47:35 AM »
We havent seen a clear pic of beau Ryan this whole season. We got pretty clear pics of Phil,jon and tar Israel  :didimiss:

Offline Avid

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2023, 12:55:25 AM »
Tar Canada 9 has boarded more planes than Australia and USA versions on leg7,6 ..Tarcanada was mainly in Canada, whilst Australia has not left Asia . USA too. I think people should cut Canada some sluck :furious:

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2023, 03:53:17 AM »
^

Sorry not sorry when Race Across the World 3 visited Churchill, MB AND delivered a satisfying boot order all without a single flight.

As for TARAUS7: CE, holy Channel Seven redux! What's next, Lombok?

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2023, 07:25:36 AM »
I think there's a conscious attempt to avoid locations previously visited on Channel 10, which does seem to limit where in SEA they go to next (watch it be the Philippines next).

Offline Avid

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2023, 09:44:59 AM »
I expect them to go to Australia,not Philippines..They could do 3 legs in Australia. It's adds up.9+3 =12 legs. Last season they also ended in Australia. Question is " Are there flights to Australia from Cambodia?

Offline LandonM170

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2023, 01:57:22 PM »
The fact that it's 3 legs per country again is so disappointing. I wasn't upset with season 6 doing it, as it wasn't the safest to do a full non-charter race around the world, so I wasn't upset about it. This time... it's just like come on! Is this really about to be a 2 continents, 4 countries race?

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2023, 02:17:52 PM »
I expect them to go to Australia,not Philippines..They could do 3 legs in Australia. It's adds up.9+3 =12 legs. Last season they also ended in Australia. Question is " Are there flights to Australia from Cambodia?

There's no direct flights from Cambodia to Australia, but they have their choice of connecting in virtually any country in Southeast Asia (aside from Laos) to get to any of the major cities, and from there who knows?

I agree they're definitely finishing in Australia (as they always do) but am unsure on how many legs to expect - Channel 10 mentioned wanting to cut back on the length of their shows but 15 legs (for example) is still less than 21  :snicker:

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: June 24, 2023, 03:05:14 PM »
I think there's a conscious attempt to avoid locations previously visited on Channel 10, which does seem to limit where in SEA they go to next (watch it be the Philippines next).

Yup, I remember reading last season about production taking out a map and crossing out where they visited before lol

Online tennis33

• RFF Full Member
  • 🌎 🏃‍♂️ 🔥
« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2023, 01:08:10 AM »
I am so excited for Siam Reap. Visited last year and Angkor Wat is truly the most amazing place I have visited ever and I have backpacked around the world. So exited to hopefully see it on my tv again!!

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: June 27, 2023, 01:45:23 AM »
Back to Malaysia! This is one super weird route! (considering the route we had in TAR Australia 5...)

I've now actively prepared myself for this Race to be a 2-continent race (Oceania & Asia), because it doesn't look like we're gunna be leaving Asia during the Race!  :lol: :funny:

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #68 on: June 27, 2023, 05:25:27 AM »
What the actual fuark are they doing lol :lol:

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: June 27, 2023, 11:49:52 AM »
I applaud TARAus for being willing to do the most random stuff even in a celebrity version  :funny:

Watch them show up in India again randomly  :2hearts:

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: June 27, 2023, 01:55:30 PM »
Cheers to the Watkins Sisters for reaching the Final Five or so!

Offline PikaBelleChu

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "Pika-Pika-pi? Pika!"
« Reply #71 on: June 28, 2023, 09:41:22 PM »
Any news to the TARAUS ?  :duno:

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #72 on: June 28, 2023, 09:53:56 PM »

We lost them but filming is not over yet.

Offline Malcooolm

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Ladies and gentleman...Miss California!
« Reply #73 on: June 28, 2023, 11:59:34 PM »
I love that half of the sightings seem to be Emma & Hayley popping up out of nowhere and absolutely no other teams
Love, an unapologetic Lisa & Michelle stan

Offline Avid

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2023, 12:35:38 AM »
It's coming to 4 weeks ..,what format are they using

We lost them but filming is not over yet.

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #75 on: June 29, 2023, 09:37:57 AM »
I love that half of the sightings seem to be Emma & Hayley popping up out of nowhere and absolutely no other teams

So distinct Sheilas are distinct, eh?

Offline LandonM170

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #76 on: June 29, 2023, 03:02:11 PM »
So, we have a team doing an Instagram live about the race when the race is still filming, whether he's at a Pit Stop or sent home, and that ticket that was in his hand is Singapore to LA? Do we think that it's possible for a leg to be in LA?

This is seriously crazy to me like I don't even know where we are anymore. Filming has been going on for about 3 weeks, we are probably on leg 10, but no one knows, they went Malaysia --> Cambodia --> Malaysia, this just has been unexpected.

Offline Malcooolm

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #77 on: June 30, 2023, 02:57:21 AM »
So, we have a team doing an Instagram live about the race when the race is still filming, whether he's at a Pit Stop or sent home, and that ticket that was in his hand is Singapore to LA? Do we think that it's possible for a leg to be in LA?

This is seriously crazy to me like I don't even know where we are anymore. Filming has been going on for about 3 weeks, we are probably on leg 10, but no one knows, they went Malaysia --> Cambodia --> Malaysia, this just has been unexpected.
If there was a leg in LA there’d surely be tons of sightings though, right?

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #78 on: June 30, 2023, 03:38:47 AM »

Harry Jowsey lives in Los Angeles. If filming isn't over, then the assumption is clear.

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #79 on: July 01, 2023, 09:26:46 AM »
It seems that the reduced budget led to a Starting Line outside Oz proper a la TARAUS4 in Seoul; whither the Finale?

Offline Malcooolm

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #80 on: July 03, 2023, 08:34:51 PM »
Did they do like five legs in Malaysia hahaha

Offline LandonM170

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #81 on: July 04, 2023, 03:20:33 PM »
We only know about 7 legs, and filming must be over, as it has been about 25 days since June 8th, so I'm thinking it's possible that there's probably 12 legs.

Do we think this is likely?
Leg 1: India (8 June)
Leg 2: India (9 June)
Leg 3: India (11-12 June)
Leg 4: Malaysia? (14 June)
Leg 5: Malaysia (16-17 June)
Leg 6: Malaysia? (19 June)
Leg 7: Cambodia (21 June)
Leg 8: Cambodia? (22 June)
Leg 9: Cambodia? (23 June)
Leg 10: Malaysia (25-26 June)
Leg 11: Australia (28-29 June)
Leg 12: Australia (30 June)

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #82 on: October 09, 2023, 07:51:13 PM »
Now that's it airing, yeah, that looks to be the route. And the cast is great so far, I don't even mind!

Just happy to see TARAus back to a normal-sized cast and route. And no weird twists.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2023, 07:54:15 PM by Maanca »

Offline Charity00

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #83 on: October 10, 2023, 02:36:35 AM »
Do we know if there is going to be a finish line in Australia?

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #84 on: October 10, 2023, 07:15:31 AM »
Do we know if there is going to be a finish line in Australia?

I think the final three legs are Kota Kinabalu, Sandakan, and Kuala Lumpur.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #85 on: November 08, 2023, 12:03:19 PM »
The "Masala Spice Girls" stay together, exactly the Final 3 I was hoping for to top off a fantastic season!  :luvya: (the cast, not so much the route)

2 FF teams making it to the end so rarely happens. And also, Alli & Angie are the first-ever mother/daughter to do it.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2023, 12:08:38 PM by Maanca »

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #86 on: November 09, 2023, 10:38:14 AM »
What’s the  point of the final leg? What’s the point of the celebrity season next year since no one is going to want to look like the “bad guy” and take all the charity money for just their cause?

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #87 on: November 09, 2023, 11:42:05 AM »
Depends who wins, this final 3 just happened to be closely allied.

Say, if George won, he would have never shared the prize with Darren.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2023, 12:10:03 PM by Maanca »

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #88 on: November 09, 2023, 12:10:57 PM »
I actually think splitting the money for charity was a super cool thing to do. Good on them for making history in the best way possible!
"Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit." -Frank Borman

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #89 on: November 09, 2023, 02:52:15 PM »
This was a specific set of circumstances that worked for me in this instance.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #90 on: November 09, 2023, 02:58:20 PM »
I’m worried about next season. Perhaps they should  automatically give the final 3 x amount of money so there can actually be a race in the final leg while still fulfilling the charity aspect?

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #91 on: November 09, 2023, 03:57:22 PM »
Well, at least TAR Australia now has its first all-female winner(s)... under these most unusual circumstances 😅

Offline kyleisalive

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #92 on: November 09, 2023, 06:02:55 PM »
What’s the  point of the final leg? What’s the point of the celebrity season next year since no one is going to want to look like the “bad guy” and take all the charity money for just their cause?

I'd say it's 'whatever you want to take from it'.

For all it's been, this was a solid season of the race, and from a cast of 'not-normal people', which is generally seen as the worst sin committed by casting of the show.  It's really interesting to watch people on certain boards and sites spinning this to say splitting the money and the win is a bad take that ruins the show.  Simply, I think it's the best ending it could have had.

If you want Darren and Tristan to have won, well, good.  They did.  And so did the other teams.  Should production have told them 'no, you can't split the money and the win for the sake of the game?'  Honestly, I think there's better sportsmanship to what they did than the alternative.

I’m worried about next season. Perhaps they should  automatically give the final 3 x amount of money so there can actually be a race in the final leg while still fulfilling the charity aspect?

I figure they'll probably stagger prize money.  100k for 1st, and 25k each for 2nd and 3rd.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #93 on: November 09, 2023, 07:54:13 PM »
Simple the best Network 10 season so far. And honestly, I enjoyed it as much as seasons 1 and 3. Great Final Three. I cried at the Finish Line for the first time ever on any TAR anywhere in the world. This is the first time I've been excited about any TAR in years.

Offline The Queen V

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Here comes the queen!
« Reply #94 on: November 10, 2023, 05:26:01 AM »
Probably one of the best Kuala Lumpur legs too!

Offline JegoKelvin

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #95 on: November 11, 2023, 10:16:30 AM »
The "Masala Spice Girls" stay together, exactly the Final 3 I was hoping for to top off a fantastic season!  :luvya: (the cast, not so much the route)

2 FF teams making it to the end so rarely happens. And also, Alli & Angie are the first-ever mother/daughter to do it.

Alli & Angie. 1st ever Mother/Daughter to ever reach the Finale. Across all TAR Franchises. They beat the highest placements set at 5th (Nancy & Emily - TAR 1 /Debbie & Dana - Hamerotz 3)

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #96 on: November 11, 2023, 10:43:13 AM »

Alli & Angie. 1st ever Mother/Daughter to ever reach the Finale. Across all TAR Franchises. They beat the highest placements set at 5th (Nancy & Emily - TAR 1 /Debbie & Dana - Hamerotz 3)
Frankie & Amy from Amazing Race Canada 4 placed 4th.