Author Topic: The Amazing Race Finland 2023  (Read 33151 times)

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
Re: The Amazing Race Finland 2023
« Reply #100 on: October 10, 2023, 08:56:52 PM »
I think all of the teams burned themselves out after the first leg, because everybody looked a lot slower and more casual during this leg.

Roadblock performers this leg, as I determined so please tell me if I'm wrong:

Kaisa, Bakari, Jukka, Janne, Anna, Aino-Kaisa, Timo, Lotta, Sami, Aapo, Benjamin
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #101 on: October 10, 2023, 09:36:06 PM »
Yeah, that sounds right. Lotta & Noora and Janne & Robin are the only teams where I don't remember who's who.

The other F/F team is easy to remember, because Mari reminds me of Maisie Williams with the bleach-blond look she had after Game of Thrones.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #102 on: October 10, 2023, 09:54:38 PM »
Yeah, that sounds right. Lotta & Noora and Janne & Robin are the only teams where I don't remember who's who.

The other F/F team is easy to remember, because Mari reminds me of Maisie Williams with the bleach-blond look she had after Game of Thrones.

I'm fairly certain Janne has a thick, distinctive beard.

For L/N, one of them said the other's name during their Pit Start interview and I just paid attention to their clothes...which were ALMOST IDENTICAL except for extra light grey sleeves on Noora.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline CYew

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #103 on: October 11, 2023, 08:01:14 AM »
Heeeey, sorry if that's the wrong topic for it, but can I have a link?
"The crackers were probably bad luck anyway..."

Offline finamazing

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #104 on: October 11, 2023, 02:40:04 PM »
I don't know if this helps with remembering.

Lotta:

Noora:

Janne - Shorter:

Robin - Taller:

Offline finamazing

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #105 on: October 13, 2023, 05:28:34 AM »
TARF total views for the first episode was 957k (inc. online views), which is around 1/6 of the population of Finland.

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #106 on: October 14, 2023, 03:45:13 PM »
I will say I did not expect
Show content
what amounted to a double elimination.

Offline MBW

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #107 on: October 14, 2023, 04:15:39 PM »
Lotta and Noora had to withdraw due to health issues. Something about an Achilles tendon.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #108 on: October 14, 2023, 05:28:17 PM »
It's certainly not something to ignore, as Dave O'Leary can attest to.

Show content
But I thought the mother and son would catch a reprieve, like Chuck & Wynona did. I doubt it was a planned double-elimination.

At least since they started with 12 teams, they can still have the normal number of Non-Eliminations as a standard TAR season

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #109 on: October 14, 2023, 05:39:08 PM »
Lotta and Noora had to withdraw due to health issues. Something about an Achilles tendon.

Lotta had achilles pain, and Noora had a fever.

Offline finamazing

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #110 on: October 15, 2023, 08:02:18 AM »
Third episode was a bit boring. They should have more interesting and long-lasting tasks.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #111 on: October 15, 2023, 11:32:52 AM »
Third episode was a bit boring. They should have more interesting and long-lasting tasks.

Agreed. This one was slow.

I recognized Binh Quoi from TAR31. One of the Detours was near that water wheel, I think only Rachel and Elissa did it.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #112 on: October 19, 2023, 07:53:37 PM »
The first episode of this was really great, but everything afterwards has been pretty dull. Everyone's slowed down considerably. Everyone is walking places instead of running, and nobody's really hurrying or expending any effort to get ahead. If they're this worn out already, I don't know how they're going to make it all the way to the end...

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #113 on: October 19, 2023, 08:08:30 PM »
The first episode of this was really great, but everything afterwards has been pretty dull. Everyone's slowed down considerably. Everyone is walking places instead of running, and nobody's really hurrying or expending any effort to get ahead. If they're this worn out already, I don't know how they're going to make it all the way to the end...

I feel the same, yeah.

Don't know what game elements will appear in this season, but I'm hopeful we see a U-Turn, Yield or something of that nature to get them working harder.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #114 on: October 19, 2023, 09:25:10 PM »
Also I'm surprised Peter & Anna didn't get a penalty. The clue after the cyclo specifically says to take a metered taxi, but they hopped in the back of a pickup truck.

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #115 on: October 21, 2023, 10:16:26 AM »
Compared to the past couple of weeks, this one felt more competitive.

Show content
With the impromptu double elimination last week, I felt that this would be a NEL.

Next week spoilers:
Show content
35 has racers performing a Bhavai dance, and Finland has racers performing a Banga dance. With two pot stack dances in one week, did these seasons share notes yet again?

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #116 on: October 21, 2023, 11:34:11 AM »
This episode definitely felt like an improvement. Bakari & Samuel seem on track to break some TAR records, but maybe that's due in part to the other teams not hustling enough? 😅

Show content
Same. I 100% expected a NEL this week.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #117 on: October 25, 2023, 08:50:57 PM »
Did anyone catch Leg 4's Roadblock prompt? Unlike previous weeks, they didn't display it on screen. It sounded like "Kummalla vatsa kourne?" but I couldn't understand the last word.

Offline finamazing

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #118 on: October 27, 2023, 12:17:17 PM »
Did anyone catch Leg 4's Roadblock prompt? Unlike previous weeks, they didn't display it on screen. It sounded like "Kummalla vatsa kourne?" but I couldn't understand the last word.

"Kummalla vatsa kurnii?" -> "Which one is more hungry?" or "Who's stomach is growling?"

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #119 on: October 28, 2023, 10:33:23 AM »
Next week spoilers: 35 has racers performing a Bhavai dance, and Finland has racers performing a Banga dance. With two pot stack dances in one week, did these seasons share notes yet again?
I don't know how we get so many similarities among three different versions of TAR airing week-to-week right now.

Like I said.
Show content
We even had a blessing in disguise Detour that lead to a kalesa race to avoid elimination. The Amazing Race gods are working overtime. Jukka & Mirva never really got a footing, so their elimination felt inevitable.

Offline finamazing

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #120 on: October 28, 2023, 12:39:52 PM »
Thank God, episode 5 was great and episode 6 also seems great, based on the preview.

Episode 5:
- Great tasks, which require some sort of talent or figuring out stuff
- Jukka's meltdown

I'm still hoping for longer tasks, but I liked the ones in this episode anyway. I wish they could say only "we are in a race", not "Who wants to be a part of Amazing race and be on TV?" like that one team did. Lame.

Finally some sort of extreme activities on the next episode!

My favourites:
- Marcus&Timo, fun and authentic, though Marcus is still a bit rude and unpolite to locals occasionally
- Blonde girls. Athletic, smart and fun
- Bakari&Samuel. Cute.
- Firemen

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #121 on: October 28, 2023, 01:10:02 PM »
Yeah, the season's finally getting better. The winning streak is over for Bakari & Samuel :o

Show content
I figured Jukka & Mirva would be eliminated soon. They're been stuck at the bottom the whole time

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #122 on: October 28, 2023, 03:22:30 PM »
This boot order, on the other hand, is horrible (I have no idea of the spoilers for this season other than destinations)

Show content
7 teams left and all 5 of the MM are still in. Rooting for Kaisa and Mari to save it from being an all-MM Final 3, because I just don't see Peter & Anna lasting to the end.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #123 on: October 29, 2023, 01:23:42 AM »
Haven't been keeping up with the show, but was definitely looking forward to the show visiting the Philippines.

Yay at an international TAR finally having a task with the banga dance. I wasn't expecting it since I assumed the Leg would only be in Manila. Would love for TARUS to eventually stage the task as well, but up north in Kalinga Province where the dance originates.

The judge was very very lenient though. The teams barely moved lol
« Last Edit: October 29, 2023, 01:59:32 AM by dryedmangoez »

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #124 on: October 30, 2023, 01:10:03 AM »
Anyone able to help my watch it? Official stream is geoblocked here.