Author Topic: TAR 35 (formerly 36) General Pre-Race Speculation  (Read 14218 times)

Offline kyleisalive

• RFF Full Member
Re: TAR 36 General Pre-Race Speculation
« Reply #100 on: April 01, 2023, 11:16:06 AM »
If team big brother had been on 35 , tar35 would have been on air by now ..I hope we get a bb or survivor contestant on so that AmazingRace 36 comes back immediately after filming. The layover for Amazing Race tends to be short if big brother or a survivor person wins or makes it on the the show.

Neat coincidence, but this is not a reason a show is held back.  TAR might get a viewer bump from cross-over contestants (which is the point behind having them), but I really think people overestimate the actual sway these people have to an almost obsessive extent, especially judging by the harsh reactions on here to any contestant from previous reality shows and social media.  Rent-free comes to mind.

Offline TheBayAreaGuy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #101 on: April 01, 2023, 01:04:54 PM »
 :amen:

I couldn't agree with this post more!

It's the editing that does it with me. Earlier seasons had teams that were stunt cast (Rob and Amber, a ton of "Mactors", Jet Cord), but the editing didn't constantly shove that fact in our face. Compare Rob/Amber to someone more recent like Kim/Penn. There was rare mention from Rob/Amber about their previous stints on survivor and they mainly focused on the race whereas Kim and Penn talked a ton about their Youtube channel and all of that schtick. And in those earlier days, they appeared pretty rarely whereas now almost 90% of the cast is some form of D-List celebrity or stunt cast.

Unpopular opinion, but it may be time to end the show anyway. This show has gradually been declining since S24 even with a few strong seasons sprinkled in since (S25, S29, S30). Having previously mentioned this, I think the casting has gotten incredibly stale and generic especially in the most recent of seasons. There's been little drama as of late in these past few seasons and the tasks have gotten lamer and lamers. No game changing elements have affected the game in a negative way which effectively led to the last 2 seasons being straightforward and boring. Do we really want to sacrifice quality for the sake of keeping the show going for as long as possible?

Offline kyleisalive

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #102 on: April 01, 2023, 02:17:15 PM »
This show has gradually been declining since S24 even with a few strong seasons sprinkled in since (S25, S29, S30).

Which is weird because I liked the route for S26, highly-enjoyed the route and cast for S28, thought the only fault of S30 was the scheduling, and thought S32 was an amazing season that harkened back to the old days of the show.  It's declining from the purely subjective take of some people but not all.

There's been little drama as of late in these past few seasons

Ignoring the outrage of the drama brought on by S32 that soured the online community's opinion of five front-running teams and the alliances in S30 and S31, I guess.  It's literally just S33 that was drama-free.  Are we asserting that COVID is a reason to throw the baby out with the bathwater?  I'm not sure what people expect.  One minute it's "air the show", the next it's "oh no, not like that."  One minute it's "add in 'real people', and the next is "oh no they're not playing like I want them to.  Make the rules tighter."  S32 literally had zero influencers and zero CBS reality stars (ie. BB/Survivor) and people lost their minds over how much they disliked them.

No game changing elements have affected the game in a negative way

Like the U-Turn vote in S31, the return of the Yield in S32, or COVID in S33 and S34.  Big nothing-burgers.  No one talked about those.

Like I've said a few times now, I don't think this is about expecting the show to "sacrifice quality for the sake of keeping the show going for as long as possible".  I think this is about people coming in with an expectation that CBS will make the show exactly as they, the viewer posting comments, wants it to be and no different, and unless it meets that expectation, it's bad.  Drama but not this drama.  The teams I want, doing the things I want them to do.  And people are immediately forgetful.  TV goes by in the blink of an eye and people generally only remember the most inflammatory parts, and only if they're reminded.  Seasons that people hated 10 years ago are revisited and lauded (and vice versa).  When S31 aired, everyone online watching the show had an immensely positive reaction to Colin and Christie winning-- now people regard it as lame (the word used in the previous messages).

I genuinely think people don't know what they really want, and what they think they want is a worse idea.  I would recommend that people who don't like it take a look at their viewing habits and stop themselves from going down the black hole of feeling bad about something they seem to consistently not enjoy.  Wait until it airs and see what people say about it and base your watching habits on that instead because this stuff here doesn't seem to be working.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #103 on: April 01, 2023, 03:44:06 PM »
REALLY?

Considering they are doing a very complicated show in the midst of a worldwide pandemic, they are doing a DAMN fine job.

Be grateful guys. :groan:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #104 on: April 01, 2023, 07:26:57 PM »
REALLY?

Considering they are doing a very complicated show in the midst of a worldwide pandemic, they are doing a DAMN fine job.

Amen. So happy it’s going strong and I’m so looking forward to 35 airing and 36 filming. I’ve outlined what I feel they could benefit from altering or bringing back in my post on the previous page, so won’t repeat. But as always, long live TAR!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline TheBayAreaGuy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #105 on: April 06, 2023, 01:41:42 AM »
They were problems that long-time fans were complaining long before the pandemic. They aren't new.

REALLY?

Online LandonM170

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #106 on: April 06, 2023, 06:33:55 PM »
I don't think some of you remember that seasons 30-present featured pretty linear legs as well only having around 2 tasks per leg then a Pit Stop. I do think it's because of luck of public transportation, less teams prepared for self-driving, and/or tasks being more likely to have teams fall behind/get ahead of others, but the legs haven't been super non-linear in years, COVID didn't kill that one, budget did.

I agree with some of the criticism, but I keep in mind everyone will have different opinions on things they like or dislike, and also almost all of you have been watching since early on, so that could make our opinions different.

I thought 33 was good and 34 was an average season, but the casts have been good imo. It's just since the teams haven't been interacting with each other drama isn't occurring, and that comes from COVID and the harsh backlash of 32.

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #107 on: April 08, 2023, 09:24:52 AM »
What kyleisalive said - hate watching is so passé.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #108 on: April 08, 2023, 11:26:21 AM »
I hate the feeling of gaslighting here where I can’t critique my FAVORITE SHOW

Offline Jjw26

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #109 on: April 08, 2023, 01:39:51 PM »
Hey guys, I don't want to come off as that type of guy, but there's a thread specifically designated for ranting and voicing your thoughts and issues with the show. Can we leave this to 36 talk only?

Offline kyleisalive

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #110 on: April 08, 2023, 02:33:19 PM »
I hate the feeling of gaslighting here where I can’t critique my FAVORITE SHOW

Lol.  Your opinion is fine but mine is gaslighting.  Alright.  Have fun.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #111 on: April 09, 2023, 02:16:10 PM »
Hey guys, I don't want to come off as that type of guy, but there's a thread specifically designated for ranting and voicing your thoughts and issues with the show. Can we leave this to 36 talk only?

Yes pease!!

And remember...kindness counts here.

If you must say something unfriendly...go do it somewhere else!! :ghug:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #112 on: April 13, 2023, 10:09:03 AM »
Japan is set to drop its vaccine and testing for tourists on the 8th. Really think they will be back on a regular route this summer.

Online Brannockdevice

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #113 on: April 13, 2023, 05:52:39 PM »
If there is a normal route this season, I wonder to what degree they will use their ideas they had for the original TAR33? I know they originally planned to visit Vietnam, Thailand and Nepal - perhaps we'll be seeing them this time?
"Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit." -Frank Borman

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #114 on: April 14, 2023, 10:48:58 PM »
If there is a normal route this season, I wonder to what degree they will use their ideas they had for the original TAR33? I know they originally planned to visit Vietnam, Thailand and Nepal - perhaps we'll be seeing them this time?

I'm excited for as to when this will film. I like a new country or two every season since S.30. Bahrain - S.31 Laos & Uganda - S.32 Trinidad & Tobago - S.33 Nepal (Supposedly) - S.34 Jordan - S.35 Barbados & Dominican Republic

Offline Avid

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #115 on: April 15, 2023, 08:47:41 AM »
Tarcan 9 starts filming soon.. It normally has betram and Elise. So I expect tar 36 to film immediately or a week after tar can 9 wraps.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2023, 08:54:54 AM by Avid »

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #116 on: April 18, 2023, 08:12:11 PM »
Tarcan 9 starts filming soon.. It normally has betram and Elise. So I expect tar 36 to film immediately or a week after tar can 9 wraps.

Bertram and Elise do not go out with TARCAN

There is a lot of crossover with the cameramen and perhaps other parts of "behind the scenes" staff. So one would expect at least a bit of a break between the two
« Last Edit: April 18, 2023, 08:46:27 PM by Leafsfan »

Offline angelbaby09

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #117 on: April 18, 2023, 08:31:19 PM »
 Does it ever happened when TAR Can and TAR US overlaps their filming schedule?

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #118 on: April 18, 2023, 08:52:35 PM »
Does it ever happened when TAR Can and TAR US overlaps their filming schedule?

It generally doesn't, as TAR Can has some film crew that also work on TAR US. Given we are expecting the three-week TAR Can 9 schedule to begin shortly, I'd expect TAR US 36 to film anywhere from the third week of May onwards. Not far away - look forward to the fun of it all with you RFF members soon!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Avid

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #119 on: April 20, 2023, 06:43:05 PM »
The casting of tar34 and tar 35 ,had similarities to casting of sur 44 and 43...Dom of AmazingRace 34 looked like moriah of survivor 43in terms of hair . And Carson of survivor 44 and Dan of not yet releases 35 are both nerds  with special puzzle powers . DO we know the cast of 45 yet? The only thing I know on all social media  is that there is a returning  player, so AmazingRace 36 may have a returning player .It's maybe CBS's way of increasing interaction between the two shows,that hate each right now coz of favouritism on survivors part......

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #120 on: April 20, 2023, 07:05:30 PM »
The casting of tar34 and tar 35 ,had similarities to casting of sur 44 and 43...Dom of AmazingRace 34 looked like moriah of survivor 43in terms of hair . And Carson of survivor 44 and Dan of not yet releases 35 are both nerds  with special puzzle powers . DO we know the cast of 45 yet? The only thing I know on all social media  is that there is a returning  player, so AmazingRace 36 may have a returning player .It's maybe CBS's way of increasing interaction between the two shows,that hate each right now coz of favouritism on survivors part......

No.

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #121 on: April 20, 2023, 07:30:04 PM »

No.

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #122 on: April 21, 2023, 06:38:41 PM »
We have a cast.

That's a wrap on The Amazing Race casting! Thank you to all who applied!

https://twitter.com/AlexSternGirl/status/1649554412493496320

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #123 on: April 21, 2023, 06:39:11 PM »
Casting is officially done

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #124 on: April 22, 2023, 11:35:39 AM »
We have a cast.

That's a wrap on The Amazing Race casting! Thank you to all who applied!

https://twitter.com/AlexSternGirl/status/1649554412493496320

I hope it's as diverse as the last one (S.35).