Author Topic: TAR Canada 9 NEWS/MEDIA  (Read 11535 times)

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 01:35:44 PM by Leafsfan »

Offline Jjw26

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Casting for TARC 9 is open!
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2022, 09:18:38 AM »
Casting website says TARCAN9 will film in the spring!

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2022, 09:39:10 AM »
Quite a day across the board for TAR news with Australia, Israel, and Canada.

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2022, 10:37:55 AM »
Woohoo, CTV rises as Channel Ten dies!

(Jon Monty 1, Beau 0.)

Offline kyleisalive

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2022, 12:05:28 PM »

(Jon Monty 1, Beau 0.)

Love to see people are more interested in bringing down Beau than having another season of TARAUS.  Great community vibe.

Offline Linda BC2

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2022, 01:04:10 PM »

Love to see people are more interested in bringing down Beau than having another season of TARAUS.  Great community vibe.

I actually liked Beau on his first season of TARAus. I've yet to see the latest season but from what I've read I think production was throwing in too many twists to a proven formula. I do hope it gets rejuvenated in the future.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
Re: TAR Canada 9 NEWS/MEDIA
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2022, 05:30:03 PM »
This is great news! I enjoy TAR Canada and I'm thrilled that it's coming back for Season 9!

However, hopefully producers get the message and go and do a full International Route for this season! Please don't do another all-Canadian adventure!

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2022, 06:10:41 PM »
This is great news! I enjoy TAR Canada and I'm thrilled that it's coming back for Season 9!

However, hopefully producers get the message and go and do a full International Route for this season! Please don't do another all-Canadian adventure!

Will never happen. Domestic is the way the viewer base apparently likes it as the ratings showed for 7 and 8. But there a few fantastic places left that the route planners keep ignoring :/

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2022, 06:54:38 PM »
I think there's a few ways to make it international for a few legs without going crazy
Obviously the US would be easy, but also they could do a leg in Saint-Pier et Miquelon, which is part of France!

I'm hoping for Labrador this season, or Churchill, Manitoba? (Basically anywhere outside Winnipeg, Manitoba)
Also, please a little less BC this time? I mean 2 legs is fine, but not 4?

Anyway I'm going to apply, HOPE THIS YEAR IS THE YEAR  :cheer: 9 is my lucky number :P

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2022, 02:59:47 PM »

(Jon Monty 1, Beau 0.)

"Whachu gonna do, gurl? Whachu gonna do?" - Aaryn Williams

Anyhow, TARCAN9 and onwards will almost certainly have an all-domestic route.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2022, 03:54:34 PM »
Anyhow, TARCAN9 and onwards will almost certainly have an all-domestic route.

Insight's other new reality show Canada's Ultimate Challenge, premiering in February on CBC, could have been a soft reboot for TAR Canada. Let the people who want domestic watch that while TARCan goes more international

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2022, 05:21:28 PM »
^

Eh, overseas legs stopped abruptly after Heroes' Edition without any warning whatsoever, comparable to the fate of the Reunion shows; that the two latest TARCAN seasons received comparatively higher ratings despite a dwindling budget as implied by more blatant product placement leads one to the conclusion that routing will never leave national borders ever again.

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2022, 07:43:41 AM »
Trying to remember when was the last season that TAR Can had Air Canada as an sponsor. Not that it mattered.
Leaving Canadian border will only happen again, if it's tied to an sponsor, an airline, hotel chain, a travel agency or even local tourism bureau. Sadly, it's the financial reality.

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2022, 11:44:51 AM »
Trying to remember when was the last season that TAR Can had Air Canada as an sponsor. Not that it mattered.
Leaving Canadian border will only happen again, if it's tied to an sponsor, an airline, hotel chain, a travel agency or even local tourism bureau. Sadly, it's the financial reality.

S3 iirc. Intra-national flights in Canada are quite expensive in itself.

Offline kyleisalive

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2022, 12:59:36 PM »
Flight costs within Canada have dropped significantly in the past year, partly due to airlines like Porter and Flair offering competitive pricing.  Porter just announced a major expansion to their fleet to add flights to Western Canada as well.

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2023, 04:55:36 PM »
Apps close tomorrow

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2023, 08:33:55 AM »
Just saw the latest video from past racers about applying and I'm KINDA shocked that they used Dave and Irina.
Yes they were good racers and made very good tv, but Dave kinda went crazy with Covid and was a mega antivax, peed on a newspaper with Justin Trudeau's face in a video, and did all sort of crazy things... I would think they would have cut all tied to that team... but... Choices....

Offline Realityfan01

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2023, 09:45:23 AM »
I do not know where to post this question, but would anyone know when people start hearing back from the casting team if they applied for the most recent season

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2023, 10:24:27 AM »
So (this is my opinion and not fact) I think that usually they look at your video 2-3 days max after you sent it, and you hear back from them pretty quickly (My experience with season 5 was that, they sent us back questions 2 days after we sent our video).

Maybe this year it's different because the deadline was close to Christmas, so maybe they decide to send everything in a block.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2023, 11:40:05 AM »
Cant entirely speak for Canada...but in the US version you may NEVER hear back. Unless they have an interest in you most applications go unacknowledged sadly.

But it would be not unheard of with MANY people reviewing apps to hope to hear within a couple of weeks IF they are interested in finding out more.

Best of luck!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Travejunkie

• RFF Sr. Member
  • The World is Waiting...Go
    • Another Pin on the Map
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2023, 12:49:35 PM »
Has anyone heard anything about casting?  Normally they respond within a couple of days/weeks and then post that all teams have been contacted, but so far this year it's been over a month since casting has closed and still no notification that all the teams have been contacted.  Even allowing for Christmas/New Years and the fact that a lot of this casting team is new, this seems excessively long.

Down the waterfall, wherever it may take me.

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2023, 09:56:50 AM »
Well, the application deadline did get an extension.

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2023, 04:01:31 PM »
Oh I'm pretty sure they are close to having a final cast, they just didn't put a message.
After talking to some people, I got confirmation that those who applied and passed to the next round got a message, even before the deadline was extended.

So yeah, I think they are just not good a communicating the process, but at the same time, it's normal because they want to keep secrets :)

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2023, 08:04:06 AM »
It's just a pity that the most recent cast featured a BBCAN9 crossover when BBCAN10 had a superior cast (compare BBCAN2, BBCAN3, and BBCAN6 all getting snubbed for TARCAN5/TARCAN7).

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2023, 11:06:23 AM »
I would actually would LOVE to never see another BB, Survivor or "Influencer" or celebrity again on any TAR.

I want ORDINARY PEOPLE DOING EXTRAORDINARY THINGS.

I think we all love seeing someone and think "oh that could be me"!

Sigh...

FWIW I don't think casting is fully closed yet. But probably very close.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.