Author Topic: TAR Australia 6 Episode 8 LIVE SHOW UPDATES and DISCUSSION Thread  (Read 1027 times)

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
TAR Australia 6 Episode 8 LIVE SHOW UPDATES and DISCUSSION Thread
« on: September 12, 2022, 03:00:11 AM »
:conf: Happy TAR Australia Episode Day!!! :conf:

IMPORTANT! Even though we are a spoiler board, we do NOT want to have the episode spoiled while it is airing.

SO PLEASE ** NO  OUTCOMES ** to be posted before the show is done airing!

And to protect the unspoiled, NO FUTURE SPOILERS EVER!

Anyone breaking these rules is at BIG risk.  :browsie:

Otherwise, come watch with us for the best tri-weekly viewing party in town!! :party:

Have FUN everyone and :tu for joining us!!

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR Australia 6 Episode 8 LIVE SHOW UPDATES and DISCUSSION Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2022, 10:37:03 AM »
And the moment has come, Scott is finally introduced.
Beau still handles main narration as host, Scott mostly there for his physical presence, rather than being an alternate host.

For brevity sakes, just noticed they do call this the eighth leg on the race, despite being the seventh leg raced by each original set of teams.
Glad it was a more "normal" leg structurally, with an ARI - RB - Detour - Pit Stop. Previous leg was a bit heavy handed. But gone are the twists from the Morrocan legs, with teams switching placements in a fun way. Barely any considerable changes this time around, till navigating by foot to pit stop, finally changed things a bit for the middle pack.

A self drive leg, but teams are provided a cell-phone for navigation. Wasn't last season that we something of the sorts given as first place reward? Kinda wished they didn't had that as navigation support, would've probably avoided this leg being so linear in terms of placements, as there were more chance for teams getting lost Oman style.
Pako & Mori had a lot of fun in the Turkish Wrestling ARI, they wished it was longer, as they were very quick to complete it.
Oddly Flick and Gabby seems to have picked one of the largest wrestlers.
Seems like speed was a good strategy by starting with strong tackle, instead of actually trying to wrestle them, as the goal was simply to put them outside of the circle.

Really interesting RB.
Detour options, seems to be really close, at a short walking distance.
Surprised by the number of teams who chose dancing, but turns out that was a really short challenge.

So happy Dragon Boat moms got to climb up their placement.
Chelsea's edit through the last two legs, has been rough to endure, and this time she's the one to blame for the drama, as she was the one who made the call to leave the bags in the car.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2022, 10:43:09 AM by NumfarPTB »

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2022, 03:11:47 PM »
Must have missed the news when Turkey changed its name to Turkiye, I don't remember.

I can already tell this new host is more professional than Beau. Maybe this was a lesson to him to tone down the hugging during the time of Covid.

Chelsea is really starting to remind me of Flo from TAR3, who threatened to quit the race pretty much every leg. I feel sorry for Jamus.

Show content
Sad to lose Tammy & Vincent, my love for them tripled last week after Vincent dropped a Simpsons quote, the ultimate "nerd" thing to do 😂

Online Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2022, 06:19:01 PM »
Not often a team pulls a Xiao Bing & Xiao Bang.

Surprised to see oil wrestling again after 2012. The evil eye task was not something racers could easily pick up. Wouldn't say most were sellable as they just wanted distinct rings. As someone who burned their hand, I felt for Claire. Detour wasn't the hardest aside from one team struggling.

Show content
And the one team that struggled went out. Losing the teams I like in Türkiye.

Must have missed the news when Turkey changed its name to Turkiye, I don't remember.

It was in the process of changing its name during filming and only officially happened a few months ago (blame the bird).

https://www.npr.org/2022/06/02/1102596510/turkey-changes-name-turkiye-united-nations

Chelsea is really starting to remind me of Flo from TAR3, who threatened to quit the race pretty much every leg. I feel sorry for Jamus.

Been thinking the same.

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2022, 06:24:27 PM »
F & Z were purely platonic and almost like siblings whereas C & J are married with kids; apples to oranges, in other words.

Anyhow, way to crib Channel Seven's Intersection back when Turkiye was still Turkey.