Author Topic: TAR Australia 6: Jodie & Claire (Dragon Boat Mums)  (Read 612 times)

Online BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
TAR Australia 6: Jodie & Claire (Dragon Boat Mums)
« on: August 21, 2022, 07:10:00 PM »

Jodie & Claire
Dragon Boat Mums, NSW

Jodie and Claire, both proud mums, have been best friends for 15 years and are dragon boat teammates. They are not shy to competition, having won international gold medals in dragon boating in New Zealand, the Australian Masters in 2019 and the Coast-to-Coast competition in Queensland in 2021. In The Race, Jodie will take the water challenges and Claire will take the mental ones, as her midwifery job involves quick decision making.

They aren’t great runners, but they will make up for it elsewhere – luckily Claire has an iron stomach! For Claire, winning would mean she could afford to reduce her very long work hours. Jodie wants Claire to win so they can spend more time together.

GET TO KNOW JODIE
What’s the best and worst part of travelling with your teammate?
The best part of travelling with Claire is everything. She is funny, kind, caring and we just love each other’s company and get on really well. There isn’t a worst part of travelling with Claire.

What is your proudest achievement in life?
Being a mum of two amazing children and seeing them grow up into the most amazing young adults. I couldn’t ask for more.

GET TO KNOW CLAIRE
Do you have any hobbies or interests?
Dragon boating, kayaking, stand up paddle boarding, gardening, camping, travelling, crafts, sewing and motorbikes.

What are you looking forward to the most on The Amazing Race Australia?
Starting The Race! Discovering all the twists, turns and all the unknown. I love surprises and experiencing things I would never have the chance to do.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2022, 11:55:24 PM by BourkieBoy »