Author Topic: TARC 8 Cedric & Tychon  (Read 698 times)

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
TARC 8 Cedric & Tychon
« on: June 22, 2022, 08:29:09 AM »

Cedric Newman

Current City: Toronto

Hometown: Montréal

Strengths: Good with my hands, fixing things, navigation

Fear/phobia: Deep water

Pet peeve about your teammate: He sleeps too much and has no sense of urgency

Instagram: @comediancedricnewman

Twitter: @cedricnewman

Tychon Carter-Newman

Current City: Toronto

Hometown: Montréal

Strengths: Physical endurance, math, critical thinking

Fear/phobia: Deep sea creatures

Pet peeve about your teammate: He makes too many jokes and sometimes doesn’t know when to be serious

Instagram: @tychonxcarter

Twitter: @tychonxcarter
« Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 08:42:55 AM by Leafsfan »

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TARC 8 Cedric & Tychon
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2022, 08:31:49 AM »
Similar in looks, attitude, and their competitive spirit, father and son Cedric and Tychon are often confused for brothers. Having overcome a lot in their lives, and learning from past mistakes, they now feel they’re in the best place mentally and physically to run THE AMAZING RACE CANADA together.

Finding himself caught up with the wrong crowd at a young age, Tychon did a 180 – getting his grades up, volunteering in the community, and spending more time with his family. He was the first man in the family to finish university. Recently, he was crowned the winner of BIG BROTHER CANADA and now uses his newfound following to promote black success and speak about mental health within the Black community.

The biggest eye-opening experience of Cedric's life was when he recognized that he was struggling with depression. He believes keeping your mental health in check should always be the number one priority. Having appeared in numerous comedy specials, radio shows, and festivals, performing for others as a professional stand-up comedian is where he is happiest, and he is looking forward to getting back on stage following the pandemic.

Cedric and Tychon are racing for every Black father and son across the country – and hope to be the first team from Montréal to win!

FUN FACTS

What is your team motto?

It’s all about the journey!

What is your number one Roadblock as a team?

Anything that involves eating something nasty.

What is your good luck charm?

Cedric: My beaded bracelet from my girl.

Tychon: My uncle’s bracelet.

What fruit or vegetable matches your personality and why?

Cedric: Pomegranate – it’s hard to get into, but once you do, you love it!

Tychon: A pineapple because you have to peel back the outer layer to get to the good stuff. You gotta get to know me before you get the whole me.

Why did you choose your partner?

Cedric: That’s my number one competitor, and he’s one of the smartest people I know.

Tychon: Because I trust my dad and he complements me well. He’s good at all of the things I’m not good at – we make the ultimate team! Plus, he’s a such a competitor.

More here: https://more.ctv.ca/the-amazing-race-canada/bios/cedric-and-tychon.html

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TARC 8 Cedric & Tychon
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2022, 10:58:34 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ObhWbRNJdzw" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ObhWbRNJdzw</a>