Author Topic: TAR Canada 8 LIVE Sightings! *SPOILERS* Tweets go here *please read post 1*  (Read 25192 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective

LIVE sightings go here!  :hearts: And ONLY live sightings please!!

Comments on the sightings can go TAR CANADA 8 Speculation and Discussion of the LIVE SPOILERS HERE >>that's where the real work takes place!

If you HAVE a live sighting to share, help us as much as you can with
WHO (be descriptive, what they look like, is it a male/female team for example, what colour they are wearing is helpful)
WHAT are they doing
WHERE (as exactly as possible... street? airport gate? address? be specific!)
WHEN (what time zone?, exact time)
and any descriptions of the action! Pictures are treasured!

If you have a spoiler and prefer to share it privately, you can email me or any of the TAR detectives, our emails are in our profiles. Your confidentiality will be respected. You can also PM us if you register here.

IMPORTANT! If you find anything posted by someone working in any capacity for the race or by production, do NOT post it here, you can cost someone their job...or worse. Let me or one of the mods know, and we'll see if it can be shared. Thanks!

Same goes for info on FUTURE legs, if you have a spoiler message one of the Detectives FIRST please.

If you are posting a tweet, please post the tweet, the tweet time, and LINK TO the twitter user name. Take a screencap if you can, tweets do disappear.
Please be kind, and don't all bury the poor unsuspecting twitterer with questions, if you see another RFFer on the job, let them handle it.

Photos should be credited. If someone is kind enough to share some with us specifically, those should be marked with photo by...or photo credit to....when posting. Generally, pics posted on Flickr, Instagram, twitter are considered "public". Ask if you need help.

If you are posting a FB post, please quote the post, PLEASE include the time and date, but do NOT post the poster's name. Please do send  me  the link and name though so we can keep a full list for the Summary thread. 

If you find a BLOG, please check with me please before posting, we do try to ask the bloggers for permission to use their info and may be already waiting for an answer.

If you are concerned that any info gained from any sighting, FB post or tweet may be private or confidential or just "too much too soon", feel free to PM us to ask before you post.

The mods get grouchy if they have to move posts.... so any non-live sighting chatter WILL be deleted!

Big :ghug: to all of you who are bringing us info, we couldn't do this without you!!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2022, 09:21:53 PM by Leafsfan »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Reports of filming in Montreal.

https://twitter.com/ConFacFarm/status/1519079662797926402

Pretty sure I just passed two Amazing Race contestants and their camera operator running across [Avenue du] Parc during rush hour. The sound guy was yelling from the other side of the road. EVERYONE was angry at them, it was fantastic.
6:23 PM · Apr 26, 2022

https://twitter.com/ivanohdemers/status/1518968588668973056

Simulation of rescue at the La Grande Roue de Montréal. Stuntmen from "The Amazing Race Canada" in preparation for an upcoming shoot.
11:01 AM · Apr 26, 2022

Reports also indicate teams had to perform a burlesque task.

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Race flag at the Wheel
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
The burlesque task location: Most likely @ the Wiggles.

And that's all we have on Montreal so far :(

Offline Travejunkie

• RFF Sr. Member
  • The World is Waiting...Go
    • Another Pin on the Map
Fossil means The Wiggle Room  :funny:
Down the waterfall, wherever it may take me.

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
I went today for lunch and spoke to someone who said they were there yesterday and are not coming back, so we can really confirm the race started yesterday (unless it started even before that but we just didn't know)

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Calgary bound.

https://twitter.com/ratliw/status/1520085987937816576

My son is on his way home from university, killing time in Montreal airport. The entire Amazing Race Canada is apparently at the gate (and coming to Calgary). Hey, we will get to watch them do the dash out of the airport when we go pick him up later.

11:01 AM MDT · Apr 29, 2022

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Here's our first team of the Season!

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
More Teams!!!!

Turns out they were traveling here to a set start of some kind, so no racing.  Bunch of interesting looking and very fit people.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2022, 12:25:41 PM by fossil-racer »

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Credit to Jenn on FB

watched a French version of the Amazing Race being taped in the hotel lobby

Looks like MF team

« Last Edit: April 30, 2022, 12:25:29 PM by fossil-racer »

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
Lethbridge, Alberta? https://twitter.com/RachelJ094/status/1520439119658164225

Apparently The Amazing Race is filming in #yql today? Bunch of red SUV’s racing down Mayor Magrath.

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
Helen Schuler Nature Centre is closed this morning in Alberta time for a "special event" https://twitter.com/DiscoverItHere/status/1520387638116732930

I used to live 30 minutes from Lethbridge, so I know the main attractions well and found this.

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
https://twitter.com/MarkieNarkie/status/1520668457653596161

6h When amazing race canda come to your work and you find out you will be on the show 😳

She's wearing an apron I identified as "Salon Club" https://backstagecommerce.ca/fr/product/salon-club-apron-2/

Unfortunately they're not really one particular brick and mortar location, it's a national distributor of hairstylist products. Probably just a stop for directions.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2022, 09:52:46 AM by Maanca »

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Waterton, AB

Long text:
Show content
We travelled to southern Alberta the other day, and what an incredible trip it was, even if it was difficult for my head (Post-Concussion Syndrome). The golden fields of the plains, the snowy mountains in the distance, Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump (World UNESCO World Heritage Site), and the jewel of the journey -- Waterton Lakes National Park. It felt like we had travelled to the end of the world once we got to Waterton. The silence of the grasslands and mountains, the lack of people, the friendliness of the animals in Waterton (mountain goats, bighorn sheep, deer, prairie dogs, etc. etc.) It has been so good for the spirit.

I even managed to finish a story for a deadline in our "inn at the end of the world" as Scott called it. It was really difficult for my eyes, but with some breaks, I was able to finish the last edits and submit it with 6 hours to spare! And then witnessed The Amazing Race Canada being filmed.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdBZMIEFxp_/

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Via a friend:

<<The photo of the teams in Waterton is outside a cafe called "Weiners of Waterton".

In the photo you can see John Brunton (mustache) and Mike Yerxa (red shoes).>>
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
Posted 2 hours ago by Rocky Mtn. Chocolate. Leg 3 has begun. They're in Fernie, BC today, a couple hours west of Lethbridge.

https://www.facebook.com/rmcffernie/videos/322768343329591

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
We have had reports that the Amazing Race Canada was in Sparwood at the Terex Titan - on April 30, 2022.

That’s why there were all those identical cars lined up in the Causeway Bay parking lot this morning.

Via FB. Something is not adding up.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Via a friend:

"Sparwood is onroute from Waterton to Fernie. A 20 minute drive north of Fernie."
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Posted 2 hours ago by Rocky Mtn. Chocolate. Leg 3 has begun. They're in Fernie, BC today, a couple hours west of Lethbridge.

https://www.facebook.com/rmcffernie/videos/322768343329591

2nd Ave

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Another Fernie pic at Gear Hub.

"This race is not amazing, I can see the dog park." #MarleyDog #AmazingRace #Canada

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdBj-tmJ4XR/
« Last Edit: May 01, 2022, 01:03:43 PM by Xoruz »

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
More workout dancing

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Photo credit to A.Anselmo
 Fernie
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
More Workout Dancing

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
More teams

« Last Edit: May 01, 2022, 03:11:53 PM by Leafsfan »

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Amazing Race is in Fernie now!! They left from the Titan this morning!