Author Topic: TAR Australia 6: Bitch, Moan & Squeal Here! *POSSIBLE SPOILERS!*  (Read 19282 times)

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR Australia 6: Bitch, Moan & Squeal Here! *POSSIBLE SPOILERS!*
« Reply #75 on: June 04, 2022, 09:14:42 PM »
Ew @ that culturally irrelevant canal ruining a third Greek visit.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #76 on: June 04, 2022, 09:16:22 PM »
Ew @ that culturally irrelevant canal ruining a third Greek visit.

What's wrong with that? There's no rule against versions copying each other. Australia practically copied TAR27's Zambezi River visit :) (and so did Israel, actually)

They haven't been there
« Last Edit: June 04, 2022, 09:19:46 PM by Maanca »

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #77 on: June 04, 2022, 09:24:33 PM »
Because it's a waste of a challenge that could be done anywhere else in the world instead of something specifically Hellenistic or Byzantine.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #78 on: June 04, 2022, 09:28:31 PM »
They also went to Santorini, though. That place has been on my TAR wishlist for a long time.

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #79 on: June 04, 2022, 09:30:33 PM »
Except the Chinese edition went there eight years ago and wasted the visit on crappy tasks.

Offline willzito2018

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #80 on: June 13, 2022, 07:39:13 AM »
When the season premieres ?

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #81 on: June 13, 2022, 06:47:51 PM »
When the season premieres ?

We don't know yet, "2022" is all they said, but Channel 10 just announced Hunted Australia and that'll be their big summer reality show. Betting TAR will be in the fall/Australian spring alongside TAR34.

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #82 on: June 13, 2022, 08:37:40 PM »
It's going to be the longest delay between the filming of a Channel Ten season and its airdate: TARAUS4 was broadcast less than two months afterwards and TARAUS5 just slightly over eight weeks - in other words, the earliest case scenario would be an overlap with TARCAN8 a la TARAUSvsNZ and TARCAN2 back in Summer 2014.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #83 on: June 13, 2022, 09:00:51 PM »
Yeah. It filmed 2 months ago, so I expected to start hearing news about now.

TARCan 8 will start next month so that's not happening this time. Maybe at the end of it. I do remember Alain & Audrey and Tyson & Sally's mat proposals happened to air in the same week.

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #84 on: June 14, 2022, 10:03:21 AM »
Just imagine if the Hairdressers had been on Season 25 instead of Blind Date Edition!

Anyhow, TARAUS6's two-dozen or so episodes will probably have a schedule like the similarly elongated TARAUS5.

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #85 on: July 04, 2022, 07:53:33 AM »
I was expecting this season to be aired during summer but not a single promo for this dropped yet so I am wondering now.

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #86 on: July 05, 2022, 08:24:40 AM »
It's going to be the longest delay between the filming of a Channel Ten season and its airdate: TARAUS4 was broadcast less than two months afterwards and TARAUS5 just slightly over eight weeks - in other words, the earliest case scenario would be an overlap with TARCAN8 a la TARAUSvsNZ and TARCAN2 back in Summer 2014.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #87 on: August 01, 2022, 08:29:31 AM »
Finally some news! Nice to have an Amazing Race to look forward to again that has respect for itself, not naming any specific franchises.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #88 on: August 15, 2022, 11:55:31 PM »
Why can't they just do a normal 12-leg route with 11 teams?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2022, 02:55:13 AM by redskevin88 »

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #89 on: August 19, 2022, 08:07:06 AM »
This is premiering in 10 days, can they reveal cast already?  :groan: Some teams are shown all over the promos and they are not even allowed to talk about it or announce they are on.

Offline Jjw26

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #90 on: August 19, 2022, 09:31:10 AM »
This is premiering in 10 days, can they reveal cast already?  :groan: Some teams are shown all over the promos and they are not even allowed to talk about it or announce they are on.
Australian reality TV is so weird when it comes to cast reveals and NDAs. Survivor and Big Brother are the same way there. I don't know what they're thought process is...

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #91 on: August 19, 2022, 11:56:14 AM »
Australian reality TV is so weird when it comes to cast reveals and NDAs. Survivor and Big Brother are the same way there. I don't know what they're thought process is...

I remember during Australia 3, the cast wasn't allowed to talk about it on social media when the show was ON. Someone prefaced that in a post, and sure enough, following them on Twitter was crickets about the race. The Ten iteration seems more relaxed on that.

But yeah, casts always deserve at least a 2 week period before the premiere.

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #92 on: August 20, 2022, 01:32:10 PM »
Called it!

the earliest case scenario would be an overlap with TARCAN8 a la TARAUSvsNZ and TARCAN2 back in Summer 2014

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #93 on: August 21, 2022, 07:52:49 PM »
This cast is very diverse relationships wise so it's dissapointing how couples heavy endgame will be. 5 of 6 couples casted made it to at least Belize F8.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #94 on: August 21, 2022, 09:18:34 PM »
This season also probably has a record number of LGBTQ+ representation. 9 out of 40 contestants officially confirmed (Kathy & Chace, Lauren & Steph, Pako & Mori, Sam & Alex, as well as Vincent), and 11/40 if Morgan & Lilli really are a couple in the vein of MJ & Chelsea not being portrayed as such on AUS5.

It's a very diverse cast in a lot of aspects (on top of the Pacific Islander, Asian, and Indigenous rep), and I'm honestly still impressed seeing this all broken down officially even though we knew 17 of these teams months ago! Very excited to see this kick off.

5 of 6 couples casted made it to at least Belize F8.

And only one eventually made the Final 3 ;)

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #95 on: August 22, 2022, 03:21:33 AM »
5 of 6 couples casted made it to at least Belize F8.

And only one eventually made the Final 3 ;)

Is it somehow confirmed that Tiffany & Cynthia are in the F3? I know some witness described seeing red FF team but I am kind of skeptical without photo evidence tbh.

I am also really interested to see how far Claire and Jodie made it... Last seen in Belize but I hope they made it little further, they seems like underdogs to root for.

Also we can confirm that Paul and Rachel are our first boots from group A sadly.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #96 on: August 22, 2022, 03:48:28 AM »
It's not exactly focused on, but it looks like this season may be reverting to the TAR Australia 4 rules, as per the press release on 10 featuring the cast reveal. No mentions of the Sabotage, the First Class Pass, the T-Junction, or the forced U-Turn rule from the last season. The only additions and deviations from the Australia 4 rules they released years ago is mention of the Express Pass and a "Virtual Pit Stop" (KOR) and that each leg is an episode so no two-parters or playing around with the leg numbers during these legs. The Speed Bump is also listed as occurring at the very start of the next leg for the affected team before receiving their first clue. The only twist properly mentioned is what we already figured during spoilers (Leg 1 + 2 split start, Leg 3 merge).

There is, however, absolutely no mention of Scott up to this point, which means things may (and will likely) change.

Source: https://www.paramountanz.com.au/news-and-insights/meet-the-teams-taking-on-their-biggest-adventure-yet/

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #97 on: August 23, 2022, 06:50:19 AM »
The exact wording for the Speed Bump explanation gives one pause: "may" need to complete a challenge et. al implies the possibility of penalty-free NELs such as from last season.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #98 on: August 23, 2022, 08:23:37 AM »
Also we can confirm that Paul and Rachel are our first boots from group A sadly.

Definitely looks like it. She's also currently the only racer to not post anything about being on TAR lol.

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #99 on: August 23, 2022, 09:18:02 AM »
Rather than the second coming of Ross & Taryn, they've instead turned out to be Australia's answer to Hosokote & Naina.