Author Topic: TAR 33 EP 8 2/15/22 LIVE COMMENTARY  (Read 4863 times)

Offline alecbaldwin

• RFF Full Member
Re: TAR 33 EP 8 2/15/22 LIVE COMMENTARY
« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2022, 11:17:07 PM »
i actually wonder how LuLa didnt search of everything including the wrapper that related to the task. i get that jet lag + exhaustion are things that play the factor but you gotta be making sure to check everything that related to the task.

great leg overall, a hell of mental tasks served well, the placement order at the pit stop don't tell the whole story.

i swear arun & natalia is the new blonde bandit  :lol: :lol: :lol:
They performed way worse than Kaylynn & Haley in my opinion. The blondes really struggled during the Asuncion - Paris - Berlin arc but they excelled in some legs (Manaus / Almaty) to compensate. But Arun & Natalia struggled almost every leg except London 2  :groan:

tbf they are a decent team regarding to them performing tasks but they are definitely the weakest team in term of navigation, like really really bad. they could have been done better in TAR 27 imo. they are dandrew when it comes to navigation
It's funny because Ken & Tina said in S13 first Russia leg that Dandrew did well at travelling. They just really struggled with the tasks.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 11:22:05 PM by alecbaldwin »

Offline Pi

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2022, 09:46:35 AM »
Loved the clue on the souvlaki - making the racers think outside the box to get the next clue is usually a bit of fun (remember the theater in Armenia?)

Ryan jumping the gun at the second Roadblock was a microcosm of his team's desire for quickness. However, it was actually navigation that dropped the two from second to third at the Pit Stop.

Lulu/Lala jumping into the water was an endearing exit.

Overall, I liked the leg - there were plenty of placement changes and we got a good peek into the Greek culture.
“We inhabit a complex world. Some boundaries are sharp... but nature also includes continua that cannot be neatly parceled into two piles of unambiguous yeses and noes.” - S. J. Gould

“If you don't accept others who are different, it means nothing that you've learned calculus.” - Shirley Chisholm

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2022, 11:08:35 AM »
Certainly the most mentally taxing leg so far as we are nearing the end. The leaf veins, wrapper clue, and long sermon did a good job at tripping up teams. Also loved the quippy priest and stone-faced Dimitra. Lulu and Lala were a lot of fun, and I'm glad they went as far as they did.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2022, 11:57:47 AM »
Arun & Natalia said in their recap that some of the clues in the olive trees were empty "dummy clues". The description glossed over that. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMevZaZ_ZQ0