Author Topic: SHOWMATCH 2022  (Read 2561 times)

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
SHOWMATCH 2022
« on: January 21, 2022, 07:05:21 AM »
Here to drop the bad news:

Media has informed that the production decision for this season is to change the format of the show. Therefore we're not going to have a new season of DFAD, SFAD or THE ACADEMY. All the possible contestants have been told that they're free to sign contracts with other networks or production companies. Also the show would be starting airing in July and not in April as in previous years.  :(
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: SHOWMATCH 2022
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2022, 11:32:09 AM »
:torche

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2022, 11:38:59 AM »
Not a surprise, I must say. Last year, during the final three months of the season, there was plenty of rumors about the show ending the following week and not in December as usual due to the low ratings (the program never reached the numbers of previous seasons and was always beaten - with a few exceptions - by The Voice and Celebrity Master Chef). Not even the change of schedule and duration helped to reverse the situation.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2022, 03:28:06 PM »
Some news from one of the former members of The Academy.

Carolina Ardohain is going to the host a new reality on ElTrece called in Spanish "El Hotel de los Famosos" (what translated would be something like "The Hotel of the Famous") that would start on late February/first weeks of March. The format would be similar to Big Brother and the contestant should be inside the hotel at least for four months. No further details have been revealed so far although there's a first list of "celebrities" on the media.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2022, 09:27:23 PM »
Take this info with a grain of salt.

On an interview with one of the most important cable news network, Pablo Prada (one of Marcelo Tinelli's producers) said that they're testing different reality formats for the new season of the show, without ruling out DFAD and SFAD by now; and that the intention is to start as late as June of this year.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2022, 10:19:58 AM »
Media is giving as confirmed that Showmatch is not coming back to the air and Marcelo Tinelli and his production stafff is working on new different projects. For instance, they would be preparing a series for the Latin American branch of the platform Star+.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2022, 11:24:18 AM »
Marcelo Tinelli has announced on his Twitter account that he's returning to the TV with a new reality about singing.

Will be updating the info in a separated topic.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2023, 03:04:24 PM »
Long time without posting here, but there are some news happening related to the show.

After 17 years, Marcelo Tinelli is no longer part of ElTrece Channel. He has signed a new contract with competitor AmericaTV not only to be part of the new list of programs but as her new Creative Director.

It was also announced the return of ShowMatch with a new season of Dancing for a Dream.