Author Topic: Unknown UK-based "World Traveling Competition" Show Currently Casting  (Read 1883 times)

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
Re: Unknown UK-based "World Traveling Competition" Show Currently Casting
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2022, 05:35:43 AM »
Thank you for posting!

I assume that the "global streaming service" is Netflix??

I was taking a closer look at the application form and seems that applications need to be submitted by May 5, 2022, with filming taking place anytime in 2022 or 2023, with anyone with a valid passport over the age of 18 from the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man eligible to apply

Gosh, this application sounds A LOT LIKE TAR UK... I just wonder if it would be a smart move to hide the program away (whatever it is) on Netflix, when it could do MUCH better on a free-to-air channel such as Channel 4, Channel 5 or ITV...

https://shortaudition.net/adventure

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2022, 07:00:27 AM »
There's some other tweets with slightly different wording that make it sounds more like a quiz show. There's mentions of 'general knowledge, risk and strategy'.

https://twitter.com/gurj_tvcasting/status/1468516719102726144

It wouldn't surprise me if this is something like 'fly contestants to exotic location, do high adrenaline task while answering general knowledge questions for money' rather than a TAR equivalent

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2022, 08:33:11 PM »
Well now we know what this is. A 007 Bond Race show.

The eight-part series will be produced by Britain’s 72 Films (“The Rise of the Murdoch Dynasty,” “All or Nothing: Tottenham Hotspur”) and Bond guardians and producers Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson, along with MGM Television.

The show will see contestants competing in a global adventure to win a £1 million ($1.3 million) cash prize. Filmed in many of the historic locations featured throughout the seminal Bond films, the “cinematic format” will be a test of intelligence and endurance. In addition to passing physical obstacles, the contestants — who will compete in two-person teams — must correctly answer questions hidden in different locations around the world in order to advance to the next challenge.

https://variety.com/2022/tv/global/james-bond-amazon-show-mgm-1235214551/

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2022, 08:50:35 PM »
Nice haul, $1.3 million USD. Better than TAR