Author Topic: TAR 33 LIVE STREAMS AND COMMENTARY HERE! EP 3 1/12/2022 9-10 PM EST  (Read 7847 times)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
Re: TAR 33 LIVE STREAMS AND COMMENTARY HERE! EP 3 1/12/2022 9-10 PM EST
« Reply #75 on: January 12, 2022, 09:22:22 PM »
Good job, Rachel! I don't often make it into the live streams as they are happening, but I usually read them later on after I've watched the episode. Thanks for all the effort you put in during the live airing when you'd probably prefer to give your full concentration to the episode.  :clap2:
Thank you so much! I actually focus more on the episodes whenever I'm typing out updates. A party is more fun when shared. :woohoo:
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline alecbaldwin

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #76 on: January 12, 2022, 09:22:48 PM »
Have they ever given away a trip to the continental US? Different!
I think they gave away a Vail, Colorado trip in season 15.
In season 8, the Linzies won a trip for four to the Teton Mountain Lodge in Jackson Hole, Wyoming on the Arizona-Utah leg.

Good point. I didn't think about the Family Edition, but it makes sense that they would pick more family friendly trip locations.  in addition to the trip to Jackson Hole, Wikipedia says that in leg 4 the Bransen family won a trip to Universal Orlando Resort. I'm surprised it was only 2 trips within the US that season.
I remember laughing so hard at that because someone made a joke about how much of a bore the Wyoming leg was and the trip was not much of a prize when they handed out some of the best prizes through out the entire franchise that season.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 09:32:46 PM by alecbaldwin »

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #77 on: January 12, 2022, 09:31:25 PM »
An emotional end to the episode. The rest of it was pretty fun albeit a little rushed to add in that ending. Think people in Scotland would say that there is more to it than bagpipes, kilts, and whiskey, but the tasks were enjoyable enough. The self-drive brought a lot to this episode and this season already. Also, yay at the casting announcement in the episode.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 06:49:46 AM by Xoruz »

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #78 on: January 12, 2022, 09:39:48 PM »
yeah i feel like this episode was too on the nose of the typical scottish culture (kilt, bagpipes, and whiskey), so i was expecting a bit more of that from a scotland leg, nevertheless the tasks were decent, and overall a decent leg
what might have been

Offline Pi/

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #79 on: January 12, 2022, 10:10:13 PM »
It's tough to see Arun & Natalia eliminated after tough sledding at the Detour, but their never-give-up attitude was inspirational. :)
“We inhabit a complex world. Some boundaries are sharp... but nature also includes continua that cannot be neatly parceled into two piles of unambiguous yeses and noes.” - S. J. Gould

“If you don't accept others who are different, it means nothing that you've learned calculus.” - Shirley Chisholm

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #80 on: January 12, 2022, 10:38:05 PM »
No airing of their trip to Luss to pop a bung? How sad! Was included in promos but not in the show!
And that's the part of the episode I was most looking forward to, too. It would've been cool to see the Scottish countryside and have a small, cultural task added in.
That being said, I figured they would end the episode a few minutes early to tee up the return. Still, it was a disappointing episode with lackluster tasks and severely lopsided editing.

They should have done Leg 2/part of it in the Scottish countryside.

Offline Samuel_

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #81 on: January 15, 2022, 07:41:12 PM »
I'm Scottish, and I was borderline offended by this episode. :lol: That's two visits to Scotland where they've had tasks involving whisky barrels and bagpipes. I've never played bagpipes in my life, and I would probably struggle to find somebody that had done so more than once. That Roadblock seemed very easy. I've never worn a kilt, and a challenge being singing a novelty song from years ago that's probably used more often to ridicule Scottish people than anything else was odd. We can take a joke but that entire leg was pushing it for me. I love TAR though so I'll forgive them this time.

I grew up just outside Glasgow and went to university there, and it was utterly bizarre to see places that I used to go to every day being in the show. I could see where teams were miles off-course just from the pictures of the roads, it was interesting. I used to live about 5 minutes away from the theatre where the detour took place, and I bought the laptop I'm using right now in the shop that Arun and Natalia were crying in.  :funny:

I think the hardest challenge the teams had this leg was driving around Glasgow. It's a nightmare at the best of times, and the locations they were being sent to kind of criss-crossed the city in quite awkward places, so I appreciated the leg from that perspective. The pit stop is a lovely place too.

Not sure I'll be hoping for a return to Scotland from TAR any time soon though.  :duno:

The teams aren't making much of an impression on me. Hopefully that improves as the race returns.

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #82 on: January 16, 2022, 09:54:08 AM »
I'm Scottish, and I was borderline offended by this episode. :lol: That's two visits to Scotland where they've had tasks involving whisky barrels and bagpipes. I've never played bagpipes in my life, and I would probably struggle to find somebody that had done so more than once. That Roadblock seemed very easy. I've never worn a kilt, and a challenge being singing a novelty song from years ago that's probably used more often to ridicule Scottish people than anything else was odd.

I was just about to comment the same thing 😅😅😅 I understand that Bagpipe & Kilt are popular & unique things from Scotland. I wish that was just an extra task, not a roadblock/detour since we've had that in season 22. Or they can show it at the pit stop ( a man wearing kilt & holding bagpipe)

Offline Race2020FAN

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #83 on: January 16, 2022, 05:36:12 PM »
I'm Scottish, and I was borderline offended by this episode. :lol: That's two visits to Scotland where they've had tasks involving whisky barrels and bagpipes. I've never played bagpipes in my life, and I would probably struggle to find somebody that had done so more than once. That Roadblock seemed very easy. I've never worn a kilt, and a challenge being singing a novelty song from years ago that's probably used more often to ridicule Scottish people than anything else was odd. We can take a joke but that entire leg was pushing it for me. I love TAR though so I'll forgive them this time.

I grew up just outside Glasgow and went to university there, and it was utterly bizarre to see places that I used to go to every day being in the show. I could see where teams were miles off-course just from the pictures of the roads, it was interesting. I used to live about 5 minutes away from the theatre where the detour took place, and I bought the laptop I'm using right now in the shop that Arun and Natalia were crying in.  :funny:

I think the hardest challenge the teams had this leg was driving around Glasgow. It's a nightmare at the best of times, and the locations they were being sent to kind of criss-crossed the city in quite awkward places, so I appreciated the leg from that perspective. The pit stop is a lovely place too.

Not sure I'll be hoping for a return to Scotland from TAR any time soon though.  :duno:

The teams aren't making much of an impression on me. Hopefully that improves as the race returns.
I’m am told the barrel task was way harder then portrayed. Even the two male/male teams had a difficult time that is not aired. Also told that yes, the driving to the popping the bung task that was not aired took hours of driving out of the way to just drive back to where they came from. I’m told the navigating (lack there of) and driving was brutal and exhausting.