Author Topic: TAR33 Ep. 3 - "Who Has This One in the Bag?" (1/12/2022)  (Read 6979 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR33 Ep. 3 - "Who Has This One in the Bag?" (1/12/2022)
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2022, 07:27:58 PM »
Try this one kshel:

https://youtu.be/UwifTIzA3zI
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2022, 10:47:54 PM »
Thanks peach - the video clearly gives us the Detour locations as Fishers Cooperage and Britannia Panopticon.

I think the only thing missing at this point is the Detour Decision Point? ??? Would be strange if it's the clue directly after the Luss bung popping but I don't think we've seen anything else otherwise.

Worth noting the Press Pics also show Arun/Natalia at the performance Detour too, so they appear to swap and that is probably what does them in

Offline kshel

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2022, 02:24:12 AM »
Try this one kshel:

https://youtu.be/UwifTIzA3zI

Thankyou!
Both in Glasgow.

And the music hall is in the trongate in the city centre… it’s not the easiest to find and not well known. (I only know of it because of a annual thing called “glasgow doors open day” where they open historic buildings to public ) you enter via a little side street. So if they were asking for directions this could have been difficult to find.

If they got this detour direct from the car park after arriving, then the music hall is walkable (about 10 mins or less if running & is basically a straight road) but the cooperage is not. However, it would have been much much easier to park at the cooperage (& no one way systems)  which would have made up any driving or walking time. This might also explain why we see the love island couple in Montrose street, as this is not too far from the music hall (if they got a wee bit lost the one way system could have sent them in that direction)

These photos show the entrance to the music hall & the distance between the train station (ref dot is where car park is) and the music hall & also where we see love island struggling in their car.

This area is a big one way area with limited parking. Going by what I’ve read they arrived at early commuting time (about 8am?) so parking & traffic could have no doubt been an issue
« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 04:29:30 AM by kshel »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2022, 08:05:08 AM »
 :tu Kshel!

Loving all your local knowledge  help!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline kshel

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2022, 10:16:33 AM »
So, I managed to find the sneak peak 1 on bing that I could watch. https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=The+Amazing+Race+-+Who+Has+This+One+in+the+Bag+(Sneak+Peek+2)&docid=20691119476717&mid=C83CA4AF8FD034F1E196C83CA4AF8FD034F1E196&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

The car park exit the teams came out of is on Oswald Street. See: https://goo.gl/maps/x4hjUbB9MNCBV6tW8

You can access that carpark directly from inside of the train station, so they will have exited platform 2, (where they're seen running along platform in the preview) and then entered platform 15 to get to the car park. I'm guessing there will have been a clue box somewhere in the train station concourse, they could have then asked people in the train station how to get to Luss before finding their car.

In the previews/sneak peaks, you see a good few of the cars exiting the car park on to Oswald street towards argyle street, and then along argyle street (https://goo.gl/maps/uYv2D2r6ctkDebFj9) towards the M8 turnoff. (The M8 is a major motorway which runs right through the city going to other major cities etc) Which would be the correct thing to do to go out towards Luss. 

The Love Island Couple look to be on the m8 clydeside express way in the sneak peek (at the 'i just want to stay safe' clip) - which would kind of make sense for going to Oran Mor from town but not the most direct route, so I think this will be following the singing detour. (By the way - the accordion player was playing 'donald wheres your trousers' so I wonder if that's the tune they have to learn), but they could have taken a wrong turn and got on to here when trying to get on to the M8 to go to Luss. 

You see the Holderness' also finding signs for the M8, and you see them passing the famous Lauriston Pub which would make sense after exiting either of the detours. Again, from where they were they could find the M8 to get them to Oran Mor.

You see them cross this bridge on Great Western Road near Oran Mor - https://goo.gl/maps/PkDPX3evddaU9yhE9 - just next to Kelvinbridge tube station. But its weird because when they find Oran Mor accidently, they're coming from the opposite direction from where they've crossed the bridge (this is where she says "holy crap!") https://goo.gl/maps/RA4euVEy2p3rmEgUA , so I wonder if they've overshot and turned around.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 10:44:11 AM by kshel »

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2022, 11:05:56 AM »
We’ve had something like that wood barrel building task before. But when?
-- theschnauzers

Offline kshel

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2022, 03:39:27 PM »
The holderness’ have done an Instagram IGTV post with clips from the singing task and it is indeed “Donald where’s your trousers” that they need to sing!
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CYmqYqfM96a/?utm_medium=copy_link

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2022, 12:25:41 AM »
We also had very good reason to believe that there was another task (or another leg?)  planned in LUSS SCOTLAND (about 22 miles from Glasgow by Loch Lomond).I think there was to be some sort of a cultural dance task. And it is not known for sure if this was a "keep on racing" leg but seems very possible.

However there was severe flooding in the area that day and apparently it was not possible to get there. :groan: This was Feb 25 I think??
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 12:50:37 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline OMGitsGARRET

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2022, 12:28:58 AM »
We also had very good reason to believe that there was another task (or another leg?)  planned in LUSS SCOTLAND (about 22 miles from Glasgow by Loch Lomand).I think there was to be some sort of a cultural dance task. And it is not known for sure if this was a "keep on racing" leg but seems very possible.

However there was severe flooding in the area that day and apparently it was not possible to get there. :groan:

Did it include this cut task?

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheAmazingRace/comments/s2ql6p/an_unaired_cut_task_from_this_episode/

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2022, 12:49:51 AM »
Don't know? Didn't we have something like that in a promo??
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2022, 12:53:58 AM »

There were the promo shots of teams hammering a barrel out by the lake. That task never appeared in the episode.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2022, 01:00:49 AM »

There were the promo shots of teams hammering a barrel out by the lake. That task never appeared in the episode.
If we could get the date of that photo taken that would help.

It does look more likely for Luss than Glasgow.  More rural?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline OMGitsGARRET

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2022, 01:03:05 AM »

If we could get the date of that photo taken that would help.

It does look more likely for Luss than Glasgow.  More rural?

Yes the body of water near them is Lake Luss

Offline kshel

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2022, 08:55:31 AM »
So interesting to watch this episode under the lens of knowing the city so well.

A couple of comments:

a) I am guessing that a lot of the Caro & Ray getting lost and having difficulty with the navigation is not in the real sequence of events. There  was a few times when they were meant to be going to the west end of the city (for oran mor) that you see them in the east end, so this would fit better with when they were on their way to Alexandra Park in Dennistoun.

b) Obviously we are aware there was a luss task that's not been shown. Could have this been arranged for the next leg and maybe they just let them do it anyway before they flew home or do we think its just been cut to allow for covid?

c) Luss aside.... They really were evil to them with the routing! They had them zig zag from one side of the city to the other! They went from the city centre to west end (Oran Mor)- then they sent them right back across the full city to the east end (Alexandra Park), the barrel detour was also in the east end so would have been the quickest to get to from Alexandra Park, the singing challenge was in the town centre (but on the east side) so would have taken them about 10/15 minutes longer to get to and parking would have been difficult at the singing challenge. Then they sent them right back to the cloisters at Glasgow University which is in the west end again (in fact not far from oran mor so back to where they started basically).

d) Akbar and Sheridan were in the Gorbals when they ask for directions to Glasgow University - that is the north of the city. So they have left the singing task and headed across the river to the other side before deciding to get directions.. Its not too much of a detour but it definitely would have wasted their time.

e) So we don't see Caro & Ray (understandable, they broke up), Anthony & Spencer or Taylor & Issiah. Or Connie & Sam? If there were 7 teams restarting, they brought both eliminated teams or did an amalgamation of teams?? I hope its Arun & Natalia, since they are superfans!

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2022, 09:49:43 AM »
Teams were seen at Glasgow Central asking for directions to Luss, so it must have been an unaired task there first thing upon arrival in Glasgow, which fits perfectly with the popping the bung task we saw in previews.

Offline kshel

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2022, 10:53:25 AM »
Yes, this makes sense. Would also explain why we see Kim & Penn happening upon Oran Mor from a different direction than I would have expected.

So my point c) still stands - evil route layout! They made them drive out of Glasgow to Luss, then drive back into Glasgow for Oran Mor, and then criss cross right across the city a couple of times. The teams that are good with navigation would have thrived here.

Also explains why it was so dark when the last few teams arrived at Pit Stop. I did think if they arrived on the Caledonian Sleeper train, for them to do those tasks in the city, even if they got quite lost, for it to be dark was a push. But with the jaunt out to Luss that makes much more sense. (Although in February in Glasgow you'd still be talking about a 5.30-6pm nightfall).

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2022, 08:50:49 PM »
Just a little confirmation of what we already know. Episode editing would have us think Natalia was on her way from Glasgow Central to Oran Mor; I can't read all of it, but in her handwritten directions, you can see "Culag" and "A82."