Author Topic: TAR Australia Season 6 (2022) News/Media/Speculation Thread (POSSIBLE SPOILERS!)  (Read 23684 times)

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!

Network 10 had their annual Upfronts today and I'm so excited to break the news to you all that TAR Australia will return in 2022 for Season 6!  :conf: :cheer: :woohoo:

« Last Edit: October 19, 2021, 09:45:08 PM by BourkieBoy »

Offline H_E_L_L_O

• RFF Full Member
As expected they will also be doing an international route this time.

https://tvtonight.com.au/2021/10/upfronts-2022-10.html

Online Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
https://www.smh.com.au/culture/tv-and-radio/ten-counts-on-lockdown-ending-for-good-with-a-2022-line-up-on-the-move-20211020-p591ls.html

“We really want to make the Amazing Race again, but we won’t film it in Australia again, we’ve done that,” said McGarvey. Noting that the US version is currently in production internationally, she added, “it is our strong ambition to film it outside Australia next year and our feeling is we will be able to do it”.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
Happy to see those words! One domestic season per franchise is enough, unless the franchise is Canada.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
On Facebook, Beau added that the season will visit Lebanon.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective

Quote please and a link?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster

Quote please and a link?

The Amazing Race back in 2022. Filming commencing in the new year, and yep, overseas. I’ve seen the route, it’s crazy.
Casting will begin very soon. Follow The Amazing Race AU for casting dates and updates.
It’s gonna be the biggest season yet. So start working out who you are gonna to do it with, and I’ll see you in Lebanon….

It's on his official Facebook page.

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
The Amazing Race Australia heads back overseas?

“We hope so. Obviously, we’re talking to all our partners at the minute. We certainly would like to get amazing.

“I think there’s a massive appetite for people to see the rest of the world and we would love to be able to bring them that. So we’re just working through all of that at the moment.

“We would love to get around the world or certainly, a bit of the world!

“It certainly won’t be in the first half. Just realistically, it’s going to take a bit of time to pull it all together.”

https://tvtonight.com.au/2021/10/10-pins-hopes-on-strong-first-half-in-2022.html

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
If he just gave away a country, Lebanon sounds interesting. No TAR's gone there. Australia 1 went to Israel.

Offline H_E_L_L_O

• RFF Full Member
I find it intriguing that he describes the route as “crazy”. I wonder what would constitute as crazy for TAR AU.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
I find it intriguing that he describes the route as “crazy”. I wonder what would constitute as crazy for TAR AU.

Well, the third Australian season was the only route other than US season 5 to ever go to all 6 continents. They could do great things with the right budget. But after the previous seasons, I have a gut feeling this is more referring to their newfound affinity for unique twists.

Offline H_E_L_L_O

• RFF Full Member
The US is reopening its borders to fully vaccinated travelers (including those from countries with a travel ban) on November 8th as long as proof of full vaccination and a negative COVID test are presented before your flight.

Could we possibly get a US leg or legs this season?

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
If he just gave away a country, Lebanon sounds interesting. No TAR's gone there. Australia 1 went to Israel.

They might want to reconsider visiting Lebanon. The place is quite messed up at the moment.

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/how-bad-is-crisis-lebanon-2021-09-10/

https://www.marketplace.org/2021/09/16/what-happened-to-lebanons-economy/

Offline H_E_L_L_O

• RFF Full Member

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
Applications are now open for Season 6 of TAR Australia!  :conf: :cheer: :woohoo:

Please head over to the Application/Casting News Thread, but here are a couple of key points:

You need to be 18+
You need to be teams of two people
You must be fully vaccinated to travel
You must be available for filming approx. Feb 2022 for a minimum of 4 weeks up to 7 weeks (if you go on to win)

https://go.mycastingnet.com/Apply/Show/ATC2022

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

24 legs of international travel :funny:
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
A update from Beau...

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
A update from Beau...

Beau could be swerving us. He could mean the USA. Lebanon, PA is right in the middle of Amish country and I'm sure they could find interesting things to to do there. It's also not too far from Philadelphia and the Hershey's chocolate factory/Hersheyland amusement park.

There's also a Lebanon in Oregon but it's a small town and I'm not sure what you would do there except go to other nearby cities. However, it is close enough for me to go to try to watch the filming, but I don't think the TAR Australia production staff would take that into consideration.

Me trying to report on the filming:  :didimiss:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
A update from Beau...

Beau could be swerving us. He could mean the USA. Lebanon, PA is right in the middle of Amish country and I'm sure they could find interesting things to to do there. It's also not too far from Philadelphia and the Hershey's chocolate factory/Hersheyland amusement park.

There's also a Lebanon in Oregon but it's a small town and I'm not sure what you would do there except go to other nearby cities. However, it is close enough for me to go to try to watch the filming, but I don't think the TAR Australia production staff would take that into consideration.

Me trying to report on the filming:  :didimiss:

Good thoughts. Lebanon (country)  seems unlikely so like your ideas! Highly doubt they would advertise the first leg. You have to watch out for those SPOILER people!  :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline H_E_L_L_O

• RFF Full Member
Do they still plan on filming in February?

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
Wasn't sure where else to put this, but it's news related to the host himself. Beau is on the new season on I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here! Beau is a contestant on the new season of "I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!" https://tvblackbox.com.au/page/2022/01/04/im-a-celebrity-get-me-out-of-here-drops-first-batch-of-celebs-in-the-2022-jungle/

Offline H_E_L_L_O

• RFF Full Member
We’re about a month away from the planned start of filming, do we have any ideas on where they might go?

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
Casting has closed for TAR Australia 6, as of 11:59pm Saturday January 15th :conf: :cheer: :woohoo:

I have no idea on whether Omicron will affect the proposed filming schedule in February? ???

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Based on what applicants are apparently being told I think we are still looking at mid to late February start, and leaning more towards later in the month.
RFF's Golden Rule: