Author Topic: Past Contestants to Provide Commentary for TAR6  (Read 4130 times)

Offline Blue Jean Baby

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Past Contestants to Provide Commentary for TAR6
« on: November 01, 2004, 02:31:36 PM »
TV racers heat up

It was only a matter of time. The Amazing Race — popular for its globetrotting, extreme adventures and gruelling skill requirements, but void of bikini-clad young hotties — has opted to sex-up its sixth season.

The cast of the new season, premiering Nov. 16, will include five models, a former Playboy Playmate, two spinning instructors and a former striptease aerobics instructor.

Last season, which featured a line-up of young attractive cast members including a NFL cheerleader, former Miss Teen USA and a male model, was awarded with some of the program’s highest ratings numbers to date.

It appears NBC is attempting to up the ante, and the ratings. Two Emmy’s don’t automatically translate into a boost in viewership.

TV Guide also reveals that Amazing Race 6 will feature commentary from last season’s popular contestant Charla Faddoul, Amazing Race 3 co-winner Flo Pesenti and original Race edition team members.

Ages of this season’s contestants range from 23 to 69 and teams consist of father/daughter, husband/wife, best friends, dating and engaged couples, ex-couple and sisters.

Like the last instalment, Amazing Race 6 will have only 11 teams.

Although the show was initially pegged for Saturday nights, producers were able to return it to its popular Tuesday timeslot, which is the reason for the brief delay in season six’s premiere.

2004-10-28
http://www.calgarysun.com/perl-bin/niveau2.cgi?s=films&p=89530.html&a=1

Offline Blue Jean Baby

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Past Contestants to Provide Commentary for TAR6
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2004, 02:32:59 PM »
i thought this was a good idea until i read the name Flo... Please don't let me see that part... 

t

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2004, 11:30:15 AM »
Interesting 2 ladies they picked to give comments on the show.

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2004, 01:09:52 PM »
Yeah! Charla is back! I bet Phil had a say in it. He sure did admire her.
Make it Idiot Proof and Someone will make a better Idiot.  :whip:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2004, 12:00:13 AM »
Charla & Flo...hummm....I wonder if Flo has changed for the better yet?  Well I'm just glad she's not gonna be IN the race.  It'll be good to see Charla in a commentary.  I admire her for doing so well in the race. :)()

Gee, it's hard to believe TAR6 is starting up so soon, but I'm readiiiiee!!! ^:)^
GR8 article, t!  Thanks! **:)**

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2004, 01:09:48 AM »
I look forward to the comments by both Charla and Flo. Will they be commenting on each show?

Offline Blue Jean Baby

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2004, 08:53:24 AM »
i am not sure how they are doing it, the article did not make it real clear... some are saying it will be on the TV Guide channel  some are saying in the TV Guide itself, i am waiting to find out.

i am gladfor Charla too, just not sure i am ready to hear Flo yet.... i just hope she doesnt whine.

t