Author Topic: TAR 33 (2nd Try!) Bitch, Moan, and Squeal HERE! (Spoilers)  (Read 20429 times)

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 33 (2nd Try!) Bitch, Moan, and Squeal HERE! (Spoilers)
« Reply #225 on: January 27, 2022, 05:40:23 PM »
This makes more sense. I wonder how this would have played out in terms of getting stuck at borders. She might have been quicker through passport control for all these EU countries had the race continued.
But am I right in thinking they now hold you at the airport until me everyone is through passport control?

Would be difficult if by some miracle or force of nature they make it to the final three, and are stuck and unable to return to the United States to race the final leg.

Offline LandonM170

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #226 on: January 27, 2022, 06:41:39 PM »
Do we have a source on the 10 legs? I know it’s on Wikipedia but I mean the actual source

There are five more episodes (finale is March 2nd). The Survivor 42 two hour premiere is on 3/9.
There are no 2 hour episodes on the schedule, right?

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #227 on: January 27, 2022, 06:43:54 PM »
The apparent source for the episode/leg count is The Futon Critic by looking at its schedule pages for The Amazing Race, Survivor (which premieres Wednesday March 9), and Good Sam. And no room on the CBS schedule at the 8 pm hour with Celebrity Big Brother throughout February.

Unless CBS is planning a unannounced two hour finale on March 2, then there are no two hour episodes scheduled.
-- theschnauzers

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #228 on: January 27, 2022, 07:14:42 PM »
If I had to bet, I would say Portugal is only one leg. Greece is two for sure, would France be only one?

Also, looking at the drive from the pit start and the bungee, they passed by Liechtenstein, it would have been cool to do the task they did in TAR18! AND would have added one extra country for the count.

Also, I hope the boys won't win every leg until the end, 2-1-2-1-1 is pretty boring...

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #229 on: January 27, 2022, 07:18:30 PM »
They won't win next week, but they won't be last. That preview reminded me of the Macau preview from TAR27, heavily teasing the downfall of Justin & Diana.

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #230 on: January 27, 2022, 10:53:11 PM »
As long as they place fourth or fifth.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #231 on: February 02, 2022, 07:13:03 PM »
At least we're finally getting out of English-speaking Europe and will have a meaningful elimination tonight. 1 continent route, 4 teams dropped out and the only 2 eliminated brought back, these past couple weeks have felt like those horrible Midwest legs of Family Edition that took 3 weeks to eliminate someone.

Maybe its just me, but with 33 I'm quickly reaching the point where I wish CBS would do like 30 and burn off the rest with 2 episodes a week  :duno:

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #232 on: February 02, 2022, 07:39:52 PM »
At least we're finally getting out of English-speaking Europe and will have a meaningful elimination tonight. 1 continent route, 4 teams dropped out and the only 2 eliminated brought back, these past couple weeks have felt like those horrible Midwest legs of Family Edition that took 3 weeks to eliminate someone.

Maybe its just me, but with 33 I'm quickly reaching the point where I wish CBS would do like 30 and burn off the rest with 2 episodes a week  :duno:

Switzerland is not part of English-speaking Europe. They speak German, French, Italian, and Romansh. No speak English.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #233 on: February 02, 2022, 09:08:11 PM »

Have been loving this season. So pleased they managed to get the Race back after so many issues. Loving the diversity of the teams! Would be good to see more over-45 contestants on the next season too along with the BIPOC diverse casting. Age, ethnicity, background, weight - it's important to have all different types of people!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #234 on: February 02, 2022, 09:15:29 PM »
Ugh, the Mizzou Boys stay on the podium AND it's another season with a double French leg while every Greek visit remains a single episode!

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #235 on: February 02, 2022, 10:46:37 PM »

I mean tbf europe was the only possible continents who were safe to visit at the time the (rest of the race of this) season was produced.

As for the the post pandemic hiatus eps, im honestly surprised and impressed with the production. The designs are better if not great, the editing is better, we get to see old TAR vibes with it (which i kind find it ironic since they never advertise it as back to basic TAR). Its a really good comeback for TAR so far. Great casts as well
what might have been

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #236 on: February 03, 2022, 07:49:44 PM »

I mean tbf europe was the only possible continents who were safe to visit at the time the (rest of the race of this) season was produced.

As for the the post pandemic hiatus eps, im honestly surprised and impressed with the production. The designs are better if not great, the editing is better, we get to see old TAR vibes with it (which i kind find it ironic since they never advertise it as back to basic TAR). Its a really good comeback for TAR so far. Great casts as well
Last night leg's editing was pretty good. It had instances of watching the first Switzerland leg as well where the adrenaline and classic race music really elevated the commotion of the race. I just wish Phil could elaborate on the tasks beforehand like in the early half of the series when routes were the primary emphasis of the show, rather than teams trying to "teach" us the details of the tasks through confessionals.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Online I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #237 on: February 05, 2022, 03:56:58 AM »
Raquel confirmed on her Insta that her and Cayla were recruited. Are Arun & Natalia the only team who actually applied for this season or were they recruited as well?

I am just so dissaponted by TAR casting... This is ridicilous. They are recruting even ordinary people now, see both sisters teams from last season.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #238 on: February 05, 2022, 04:23:03 AM »
Hot take - I don't mind the recruiting as much as the "stacking" we've been getting these past few seasons.

TAR30 = The eventual Final Five was all the five strongest teams of the season.
TAR31 = The TAR teams steamrolled all the non-TAR teams as they put some of the strongest TAR teams ever vs. complete newbies.
TAR32 = The Mine Five, as polarizing as they were, were objectively the Top 4 strongest teams of the season (Eswar & Aparna being the stragglers that left at Final 5).
TAR33 = The COVID shutdown made it so that it's Ryan & Dusty and Kim & Penn as the clear frontrunners without fail. And surprise, surprise, they make the Final 3 based on our spoilers.

I know it's probably hard to determine what makes a good team race-ability wise during casting, but this is the fourth season in a row where the endgame is relatively predictable. The last time we had a truly unpredictable/balanced season was TAR29.

Hoping 34 and the future is better, because one of the things I really do love about this season is the way the restrictions have allowed them to film safely while also bringing the Race closer to its roots with the self-driving and navigation mattering more than the tasks. In an environment where every competitive RTV format keeps modernizing and modernizing to the detriment of the original format (see: Survivor and Big Brother), it's nice to see TAR go more back to its roots even though this was definitely caused by the shutdown.

Our current format with more countries instead of Europe to the route + a balanced cast + more self-navigation + no shutdown = bigger potential for the future.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #239 on: February 05, 2022, 07:01:02 AM »
Hot take - I don't mind the recruiting as much as the "stacking" we've been getting these past few seasons.

TAR30 = The eventual Final Five was all the five strongest teams of the season.
TAR31 = The TAR teams steamrolled all the non-TAR teams as they put some of the strongest TAR teams ever vs. complete newbies.
TAR32 = The Mine Five, as polarizing as they were, were objectively the Top 4 strongest teams of the season (Eswar & Aparna being the stragglers that left at Final 5).
TAR33 = The COVID shutdown made it so that it's Ryan & Dusty and Kim & Penn as the clear frontrunners without fail. And surprise, surprise, they make the Final 3 based on our spoilers.

I know it's probably hard to determine what makes a good team race-ability wise during casting, but this is the fourth season in a row where the endgame is relatively predictable. The last time we had a truly unpredictable/balanced season was TAR29.

Hoping 34 and the future is better, because one of the things I really do love about this season is the way the restrictions have allowed them to film safely while also bringing the Race closer to its roots with the self-driving and navigation mattering more than the tasks. In an environment where every competitive RTV format keeps modernizing and modernizing to the detriment of the original format (see: Survivor and Big Brother), it's nice to see TAR go more back to its roots even though this was definitely caused by the shutdown.

Our current format with more countries instead of Europe to the route + a balanced cast + more self-navigation + no shutdown = bigger potential for the future.

I'm with you on this. They did go back to roots with this season. It is though, getting predictable. I honestly thought Ryan & Dusty will get eliminated this Leg.
But I do wonder what if all the 11 teams were evenly stacked regardless of the age composition, no clear frontrunners. I'd love to see that.

TAR 29 had teams, that looked strong but did not do well (Shamir/Sara, Jessie/Francesca) and odd couples do good on legs (Liz/Mike, Tara/Joey).
« Last Edit: February 05, 2022, 07:04:16 AM by TARUSAFan »

Offline Linda BC2

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #240 on: February 05, 2022, 10:28:16 AM »
Raquel confirmed on her Insta that her and Cayla were recruited. Are Arun & Natalia the only team who actually applied for this season or were they recruited as well?

I am just so dissaponted by TAR casting... This is ridicilous. They are recruting even ordinary people now, see both sisters teams from last season.

I don't know if this would classify as recruited but Arun & Natalia were aporoached by casting.

See this article:
https://stories.inspirebrands.com/dunkin-operating-partner-the-amazing-race-season-33/

"Arun had always wanted to send in an audition tape with Natalia, but they never did. Then, in 2016, Natalia sent in an audition tape with her fiancé without telling Arun.

“I get a call in 2019 from Natalia saying she auditioned three years earlier, and now the casting director wanted to know if she was still interested in being on the race,” Arun explained. “But now her fiancé was unable to participate because of his medical residency. So, I told her to contact the producers and tell them her dad would like to participate instead.”

Natalia did just that and within a few weeks, the two were off to Los Angeles to complete several rounds of in-person auditions, interviews, and background checks."

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #241 on: February 05, 2022, 01:03:11 PM »
It's really sad that pretty much everyone on the show is recruited. Like can the auditions tapes being sent in be that bad? Or is hardly anyone applying?

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #242 on: February 05, 2022, 07:05:54 PM »

I don't know if this would classify as recruited but Arun & Natalia were aporoached by casting.

Arun & Natalia applied for TAR32. It's just a case of casting revisiting old apps.

Offline Linda BC2

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #243 on: February 06, 2022, 11:11:08 AM »

Arun & Natalia applied for TAR32. It's just a case of casting revisiting old apps.

Read the article - Natalia and her fiance applied in 2016. Casting reached out to Natalia - her fiance couldn't go but her father said he could.

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #244 on: February 09, 2022, 09:24:34 PM »
A dolmades-making Roadblock and the country hosting that task fails to be named in the preview?

For shame!

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #245 on: February 10, 2022, 10:36:46 AM »
I don't know if I'm liking the group departures thing... I don't like the first group working together, so maybe having teams leave alone at a 5 mins difference would be better?

And i Reallllllly think producer made a mistake by having that first leg back (Leg 4) be an elimination point. I would have done:
Leg 4: NEL
Leg 5: 7 to 6 teams
Leg 6: KOR
Leg 7: 6 to 5
Leg 8: 5 to 4 (to mix it up a bit)
Leg 9: NEL
Leg 10: 4 to 3

I guess having one teams drop out the night before the race re-started kinda messed up the plan for the NEL/EL schedule but still...I feel like it's Arun/Natalia being safe from NEL every 2-3 legs, and even without spoilers, I would be able to guess our final 3.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #246 on: February 10, 2022, 11:59:06 AM »
This is really minor but early in the episode seeing one of Raquel and Cayla say in their post-leg confessional “there’s only one leg you need to win” pretty much spoiled me that they won’t win the leg

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #247 on: February 10, 2022, 12:57:56 PM »
A dolmades-making Roadblock and the country hosting that task fails to be named in the preview?

For shame!

Offline Bgthetruth34

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #248 on: February 10, 2022, 04:20:41 PM »
Hi , first time poster here. I’m aware spoilers are limited to the final 3 teams, but I haven’t been able to find the post revealing which 3 made the final. Is this season a little more of a mystery because of the restart? Could someone point me in the right direction please?

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #249 on: February 10, 2022, 04:23:00 PM »
Hi , first time poster here. I’m aware spoilers are limited to the final 3 teams, but I haven’t been able to find the post revealing which 3 made the final. Is this season a little more of a mystery because of the restart? Could someone point me in the right direction please?

You can find that info in the timeline thread