Author Topic: TAR 33 (2nd Try!) Bitch, Moan, and Squeal HERE! (Spoilers)  (Read 20509 times)

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: TAR 33 (2nd Try!) Bitch, Moan, and Squeal HERE! (Spoilers)
« Reply #200 on: January 19, 2022, 10:40:08 PM »
You know it's rough when Lulu & Lala are better than 3/7 teams!!

Yeahhhhh this is not the strongest crop of racers. Definitely was not helped by (arguably) 3 of the stronger teams dropping out. We were left with Akbar and Sheridan who....inspiring but a 8th-12th place finish in other seasons, Lulu and Lala who are your middle of the pack, surprise you and get 6th ish team. Michael and Moe who somehow found a way to compete in two amazing race legs and get eliminated in both of them, Arun and Natalia who cannot navigate....

Penn and Kim and Ryan and Dusty are by far the strongest teams left in this race and it's not even close. Without knowing spoilers bc i slacked this season heavy on that end (which i actually like because it'll make it slightly more enjoyable), i fully expect those two to cake walk to final 3. Cayla and Raquel sneak in as number 3 just because the rest....just....are not making a final 3.

Online OMGitsGARRET

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #201 on: January 19, 2022, 10:57:09 PM »
Sad to see ANOTHER cut task. That's three out of four episodes all in a row that have had cut tasks. I wonder if that's getting near a record of tasks being cut in a row?
I really wish CBS would upload these somewhere, Paramount+ or even their YouTube channel. I mean they're wasting money out of their budget for tasks that they'll never show anyone so that sucks.

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #202 on: January 20, 2022, 12:02:49 AM »

Yeahhhhh this is not the strongest crop of racers. Definitely was not helped by (arguably) 3 of the stronger teams dropping out. We were left with Akbar and Sheridan who....inspiring but a 8th-12th place finish in other seasons, Lulu and Lala who are your middle of the pack, surprise you and get 6th ish team. Michael and Moe who somehow found a way to compete in two amazing race legs and get eliminated in both of them, Arun and Natalia who cannot navigate....

Penn and Kim and Ryan and Dusty are by far the strongest teams left in this race and it's not even close. Without knowing spoilers bc i slacked this season heavy on that end (which i actually like because it'll make it slightly more enjoyable), i fully expect those two to cake walk to final 3. Cayla and Raquel sneak in as number 3 just because the rest....just....are not making a final 3.

Damn straight, this season is the fourth in a row to have a predictable boot order.

Online OMGitsGARRET

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #203 on: January 20, 2022, 12:35:17 AM »
Also CBS themselves used a moment from the unaired task as the episode 4 thumbnails, woops  :lol:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #204 on: January 20, 2022, 04:16:15 AM »
Perhaps those unaired tasks will be used as extras on the eventual dvd release. By my math, it’s hard to see 12 episodes/leg segments this season.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #205 on: January 20, 2022, 10:17:22 AM »
As if the budget would be able to include that, Luss, AND Orbit Tower.

Offline kshel

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #206 on: January 22, 2022, 03:41:47 AM »
So, the Instagram TAR account has done a why we didn’t return video…
And it turns out Cato has a German passport! How? what! why!? I thought you had to be a US passport holder to be on TAR? (Because of visas, passport control etc)

Does this mean if I only moved to the US I could apply and be on TAR!?

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #207 on: January 22, 2022, 05:54:52 AM »
And it turns out Cato has a German passport! How? what! why!? I thought you had to be a US passport holder to be on TAR? (Because of visas, passport control etc)

I suspect having dual citizenship or permanent residency is one way you can have more than one passport. Anthony and Spencer have dual citizenship (France) as part of being honored due to the train terrorist incident in 2015. They both could have legally have dual passports as a result.
-- theschnauzers

Offline kshel

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #208 on: January 22, 2022, 07:59:45 AM »
But if that was true why could she not use an American passport to compete? She said “borders closed for non us citizens” so she couldn’t compete. If she had a us passport she could have entered the US.

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #209 on: January 22, 2022, 08:39:36 AM »
And the video confirmed that the Husbands were in Switzerland, and the day before the race started he got the got from him mom about his brother :'(

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #210 on: January 22, 2022, 08:52:14 AM »
Just imagine if this season still had a standard episode count of twelve: it'd be the first Final Six NEL as early as Leg 5 and the finale would also be preceded by a non-elimination with the F3.

Offline Leilani

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #211 on: January 22, 2022, 09:11:12 AM »

I'm a bit disappointed that they didn't take a few minutes to do the "why we didn't return" as part of the show.  Many of us don't have Instagram.  I don't really know why, but as excited as I was for the last episode it did nothing for me.  I watched it twice and it just didn't hold my attention.  I'm sure part of it was that I was rooting for Anthony & Spencer, but my favorite teams have been eliminated early before and I still found the show fun to watch.  Hopefully it was a one off bad episode for me.

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #212 on: January 22, 2022, 05:36:54 PM »

I'm a bit disappointed that they didn't take a few minutes to do the "why we didn't return" as part of the show.  Many of us don't have Instagram.  I don't really know why, but as excited as I was for the last episode it did nothing for me.  I watched it twice and it just didn't hold my attention.  I'm sure part of it was that I was rooting for Anthony & Spencer, but my favorite teams have been eliminated early before and I still found the show fun to watch.  Hopefully it was a one off bad episode for me.

I really hate the IG UI, was hoping to find the clip on Youtube, but no luck. Here's a direct link. I don't think one needs an IG account to watch it.
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CZATlZSpE2t/

As someone who holds dual citizenship and does hold passports from two different countries, that's not something that uncommon.

On Caro's case, I speculate that she holds a green card, but has not yet become a fully US citizen,  which probably is what allowed her to compete, but as she lacked the latter, she doesn't have a US passport.

Offline betheactress

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #213 on: January 22, 2022, 05:41:27 PM »
tar33 wikipedia page is sore on the eyes

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #214 on: January 22, 2022, 06:47:28 PM »

I know, the leg summaries are bland now. Some Wikipedia mod decided a few months back that national flags should only ever be used on pages for diplomatic purposes, and wiped them off every TAR page. A TV show doesn't qualify, even one about traveling different countries.

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #215 on: January 22, 2022, 09:29:58 PM »
The counterpart TAR Fandom Wikia stays winning.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #216 on: January 23, 2022, 02:41:21 AM »

I know, the leg summaries are bland now. Some Wikipedia mod decided a few months back that national flags should only ever be used on pages for diplomatic purposes, and wiped them off every TAR page. A TV show doesn't qualify, even one about traveling different countries.

National flags only used on diplomatic purposes? Naked and Afraid's Wiki has all the countries visited and national flags shown. It's a reality show. My sister watches Beauty Pageants like Miss Universe, Miss World those have flags listed on their Wiki pages. I used to edit and make writeups on some TAR pages in Wikia and it keeps getting edited or taken off. The Wikia is bland as well. I've given up. Peach wanted our own page separate from Wiki & Wikia with the more passionate TAR fans, the ones managing it.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 02:48:25 AM by TARUSAFan »

Offline Leilani

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #217 on: January 23, 2022, 06:55:00 AM »

I really hate the IG UI, was hoping to find the clip on Youtube, but no luck. Here's a direct link. I don't think one needs an IG account to watch it.
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CZATlZSpE2t/

As someone who holds dual citizenship and does hold passports from two different countries, that's not something that uncommon.

On Caro's case, I speculate that she holds a green card, but has not yet become a fully US citizen,  which probably is what allowed her to compete, but as she lacked the latter, she doesn't have a US passport.

Thank you.  Apparently you don't need an account if you get a link to watch (like you gave me), but if you go to IG and find the video it wants you to log in or create an account.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #218 on: January 23, 2022, 12:37:21 PM »
Back to 33 please :luvu:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline kshel

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #219 on: January 24, 2022, 03:59:36 AM »

This makes more sense. I wonder how this would have played out in terms of getting stuck at borders. She might have been quicker through passport control for all these EU countries had the race continued.
But am I right in thinking they now hold you at the airport until me everyone is through passport control? 

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #220 on: January 26, 2022, 10:43:39 PM »
Praying that the Corsican brocciu cooking task in the latest preview finally knocks the Mizzou Boys off the podium for once a la Eric and Jeremy in Oman.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #221 on: January 27, 2022, 02:25:04 PM »
So apparently this season is only 10 legs. This all-Europe route is nice once, but hopefully they can return to a wider one in season 34. Much respect to production for how they handled this.

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #222 on: January 27, 2022, 02:48:58 PM »
Seasons 12 and 13 no longer share the record for shortest episode length.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #223 on: January 27, 2022, 02:53:23 PM »
Do we have a source on the 10 legs? I know it’s on Wikipedia but I mean the actual source

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #224 on: January 27, 2022, 03:31:29 PM »
Do we have a source on the 10 legs? I know it’s on Wikipedia but I mean the actual source

There are five more episodes (finale is March 2nd). The Survivor 42 two hour premiere is on 3/9.