Author Topic: Survivor 41: Danny McCray  (Read 740 times)

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Survivor 41: Danny McCray
« on: August 31, 2021, 08:50:58 PM »

Photo Credits: Robert Voets/ CBS

Name: Danny McCray

Hometown: Houston, Texas

Current Residence: Frisco, Texas

3 Words to Describe You: Competitive, charismatic, optimistic 

Pet Peeve: Lying, not being on time and lack of accountability. Lack of awareness and consideration for people's time and space or having to repeat myself after three times.

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Completing my graduate degree program! It was my goal to earn an MBA before I made it to the NFL, but that changed due to the money I was making and the workload that football requires. After retirement I had to overcome my own mind and doubts that I couldn't do it. It was the hardest thing I've ever done in life — late nights of studying and having tutors almost giving up repeatedly. But I never did, I have my MBA!

What is something we would never know from looking at you? You would never know that I often achieve success because of fear, my fear of letting the people that I love down. Letting down people that took a chance on me is the vision that I use to thrive in competitive situations.  Very similar to Adam Sandler in the movie The Waterboy.

Who is your hero and why? My mom. When my father passed, she was left to take care of three kids alone. She worked two jobs plus side work to provide for us. There is nothing she wouldn't do for us. I take strength to be strong when a tragedy hits from her, she never complained or let us see her cry. She did that for us. I owe her everything that I can give.

Which past Survivor will you play the game most like?  Ben "Boom" Driebergen, 1 Big Move King. I figure that I would be seen as a strong physical player so I would eventually become a big target. The way Ben was able to outwork everyone on the tribe and do what he needed to do in order to survive was truly admirable.  It's that 'back against the wall' mentality I admire.

Why do you believe you can win Survivor?  I'm applying to win. I always have something to prove to myself. I truly believe that I can succeed at whatever I put my mind to. I haven't failed yet and don't plan on starting now.

Questions are from EW: https://ew.com/tv/survivor-41-cast-photos-bios/?slide=b9b811e7-acdb-4d2b-a188-b5c0c2e2b15e#b9b811e7-acdb-4d2b-a188-b5c0c2e2b15e
« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 02:58:48 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Survivor 41: Danny McCray
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2021, 08:51:38 PM »
saved