Author Topic: The Mole is coming to Netflix!!  (Read 3462 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
The Mole is coming to Netflix!!
« on: June 18, 2021, 07:54:37 PM »
I loved the Mole, at least the first ones.

Looks like 1 and possibly 2 are coming to Netflix on June 22! (Looks like US only...sorry guys!)

General news here:
https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/news/anderson-coopers-reality-series-the-mole-coming-to-netflix/

Andy Dehnart article here:

https://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2021/06/mole-netflix-seasons/

The Andy Dehnart article has a lot of interesting ideas:

Here are the original "Moles",
The Mole, hosted by Anderson Cooper (2001)The Mole: The Next Betrayal, hosted by Anderson Cooper (2002)Celebrity Mole: Hawaii, hosted by Ahmad Rashad (2003)Celebrity Mole: Yucatán, hosted by Ahmad Rashad (2004)The Mole season 5, hosted by Jon Kelley (2008)
Are we only getting the Anderson hosted 1&2? Which would be awesome as I loved those best lol.
Per Andy: "The cast section lists only Anderson Cooper, and he hosted only seasons one and two"

I was first exposed to this when I was in the Netherlands for an extended time. But since I don't speak Dutch it was...DIFFICULT to follow lol. But it is still going strong there:

"The Belgian version, De Mol, just premiered its ninth season in March, and the Dutch version, Wie is de Mol?, aired its 21st season earlier this year." https://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2021/05/mole-insider-casting-filming-australia/

Andy also thinks the Netflix show filming ths summere may be a "new version of the Mole":
https://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2021/05/mole-insider-casting-filming-australia/

Anyway, something fun to look forward to!

If anyone would want to host the rewatches please do message me!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
Re: The Mole is coming to Netflix!!
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2021, 04:55:38 AM »

Earlier this year, Robyn Kass—who stepped down from casting Big Brother this season—posted a casting call for a Netflix reality competition, The Insider, that’s looking for “players (18yrs+) who have the mental and physical strength to navigate their way through an exciting covert operation and the chance to win BIG MONEY!”

The casting flyer said this new reality TV show will have “travel, adventure, high stakes, secrets, lies, deception, sabotage, and money.”

That sounds suspiciously like The Mole

Update: Netflix is producing the new version, as Kassting’s web site confirms: “‘Insider’ NETFLIX, Eureka Productions”. That explains why Netflix is streaming old seasons of The Mole.

As if that wasn’t great enough news, The Insider is being produced by Eureka Productions, which is also behind the outstanding ABC reality competition Holey Moley and the upcoming reality TV version of Frogger, which is also filming in Australia starting later this month.

The application, which promises both “physical challenges” and “mental challenges,” also makes it clear that the show is an American production that’s just filming in Australia by asking applicants if they live in either the United States or Australia, and ask if someone is “an American Citizen living in Australia”.

The casting application posted by Kassting says filming of The Insider is tentatively scheduled for May 29 through the end of August, but since three months is an incredibly long time, it’s likely that’s just the filming window. The casting notice says filming will last seven weeks, which is a little longer than Survivor’s window.

With summer production, it’s possible we’ll see the show as early as fall, but it’s more likely it’ll premiere in 2022.

https://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2021/05/mole-insider-casting-filming-australia/
« Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 03:24:26 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2021, 05:10:06 AM »
It’s being cast as The Insider but check out why you can clearly see this is The Mole.

If you follow our social channels you may have seen several months ago a show called The Insider was casting that looked suspiciously like a revival of The Mole. To the point where we heard from people that it’s The Mole. We’ve done some additional digging and we can say with some certainty that it’s The Mole.

Here’s some format points from casting notices.

- It is a competition reality show that requires strategic thinking, memory skills, and overall mental strength in order to succeed and win a pot of money. It films in Australia this summer for 7 weeks.
- 12 people competing together, as a group to add money to a pot, that one person will win at the end of the game.
- Each competition that you complete adds money, competitions failed result in money being taken away.
- There is one INSIDER working against the team, but no one knows who that person in.
- The Insider will try to sabotage the team as much as possible without blowing their cover.
- It’s a game of strategy and manipulation.
- At the end of each episode there is a quiz to see who is on the right track to figuring out who The Insider is. The person with the lowest score will be eliminated at the end of each episode.

All of the notes, especially that last one, point to this clearly being The Mole. No official announcement has been made yet but we’ll let you know as soon as it is.

This new version is being produced by Eureka Productions who has done shows like Holey Moley, the upcoming Frogger, and the Australian version of The Amazing Race.

Last we heard this show was set to be for an online video service but that could have changed from them to now. Once we have something more concrete to show you we’ll let you know.

http://buzzerblog.com/2021/05/03/it-certainly-looks-like-the-mole-is-coming-back/

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2021, 02:10:39 AM »
Netflix released both season one and two of the Anderson Cooper-hosted “The Mole” today (Monday, a day early). And season one aired at about the time season one of The Amazing Race was being filmed.) Subsequent seasons were celebrity seasons, and were produced after Anderson joined CNN. Haven’t seen anything yet to suggest that his CNN colleagues are roasted Anderson about the show as they did back then, but it’s always a possibility.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2021, 06:15:19 PM »
And I have Netflix where I am!

Anyone want to watch a few EPS tonight??

I lovedthe Mole...at least the first couple anyway!

Eager to see how it holds up!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2021, 07:25:36 AM »
Peach from what I’ve read, Netflix is already filming or has just completed filming a very Mole-like show under the working title of “The Insider”. The premise and description are identical to The Mole. It was being filmed in Australia for a US streaming service. But no host was identified. A poster at a forum at which I am a global mod posted a suggestion that Anderson was hosting this but I haven’t seen that anyway else.
It would be good if that were true; I just don’t think anyone else could do it as well.
-- theschnauzers

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2022, 09:43:35 AM »
Seasons 3 and 4 (Celebrity Mole Hawaii/Celebrity Mole Yucatan) were added to Netflix last week.