Race to the Center of the Earth > Race to the Center of the Earth

General News and Discussion

<< < (2/5) > >>

zacz:
I'll continue watching but I was hoping it would be more like 'Race across the World'. The editing is not helping in my opinion as too much is skipped or done so quickly that you don't get a sense of how far teams have travelled or what they have been doing.  I thought they were travelling the full distance of their courses to start with but I have since realised that there are quite a few flights between each 'leg'. The flight ban is why 'race across the world' works so well in my opinion.

Hope it gets more interesting in future episodes.

georgiapeach:
The cinematography is outstanding. Checck out the crew film on my FB page of what they went thru just to GET to a location. I really love the concept but IMO they are missing out on some opportunities.

For me the worst is lack of cast/teamdevolpment. Part of the issue is that other than some local news articles we were never given a CAST REVEAL by the show. We needed that. Who are they? How did they get together? Why do they want to do this? Much could have whet our interest before the show.

Then....We were barely introduced at the start. They were off and racing and we still didnt "know" them. I need to know more about them.  When there are conflicts explain WHY. Make us LIKE them.

I do like the maps/where they are. This could also be amplified in a weekly print summary done by Nat Geo but that hasn't happened.

I love the concept. Love the amazing effort running teams in diff parts of the world at the same time must have taken. Love the cinematography. The scenary is outstanding.

I just want more cast development most I think. In TAR we always (thanks to intros/interviews/press releases) pretty well know the teams even before the start. INSIDER videos fill in many of the gaps. Nat Geo could applify this show a thousand times by providing insider clips and videos online. Show us maps and routes on line. Share insider difficulties they faced. This has to be perhaps the MOST difficult show ever filmed. MAKE US SEE THAT. Outakes could be so engaging.

BourkieBoy:
Episode Two Thoughts

My thoughts for this episode are basically the same as Peach's and The Rabbi's above. I thought the cinematography and scenery is just breathtaking and also, the maps tracking where the teams are first-class and the just the whole concept of racing from different parts of the world to reach one final location, is such a unique idea for the show. However, I do think some more team introduction would be nice and more cast development is needed over the next five episodes, to understand these teams more on a personal level.

However, this series is really good so far, looking forward to the next episode and the rest of the series!

gamerfan09:
This show is really really boring. It looks pretty but that's it.

Not gonna watch further after two episodes.

Maanca:
It's...interesting. Team North America is pretty much running an Amazing Race Canada minus the challenges, lol (though said show has actually never been to Kenora, Ontario)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version