Media and Press Releases

<< < (2/2)

georgiapeach:
How it was made!!

https://hiddenremote.com/2021/05/07/race-to-the-center-of-the-earth-finale

georgiapeach:
Really great article! Lots of insight on the HOW
https://hiddenremote.com/2021/05/07/race-to-the-center-of-the-earth-finale/

HR: What’s one thing from Race to the Center of the Earth that you want the audience to think about?

ED: You’re going to see these people go through extreme environments, through mental and physical struggles. But I think what I would love the viewer to think about is the production team behind the show. The people that are hanging on the cliff filming as somebody is jumaring up a sheer rock race or rappelling down a mountainside or climbing. The camera person and sound person that is kayaking on the water, trying to hold a camera and not fall into frigid water, and you’re balancing a 40 pound-camera on your shoulder. That they were keeping up with our contestants through all types of challenges tells you how strong, talented and special they are.
HR: What’s one thing from Race to the Center of the Earth that you want the audience to think about?

ED: You’re going to see these people go through extreme environments, through mental and physical struggles. But I think what I would love the viewer to think about is the production team behind the show. The people that are hanging on the cliff filming as somebody is jumaring up a sheer rock race or rappelling down a mountainside or climbing. The camera person and sound person that is kayaking on the water, trying to hold a camera and not fall into frigid water, and you’re balancing a 40 pound-camera on your shoulder. That they were keeping up with our contestants through all types of challenges tells you how strong, talented and special they are.

TheRabbi:
Interview with 2 contestants: https://uproxx.com/life/natgeo-center-of-the-earth/

A lot of cool info in here. The snake story in Thailand gave me the willies. And I know Peach loves production shout-outs, and this does have them!

With these shows that claim to be adventure-driven, sometimes there’s a lot of fixing that goes on behind the scenes or it seems like it’s constantly kinetic but it’s a lot of “hurry up and wait.” Other times, they really are incredibly nimble and incredibly grueling. What was the pace of this show? How difficult did it really prove to be?

James: It was incredibly difficult and the pace was literally nonstop. I was just so impressed with the crew, both from a pre-production standpoint and shooting. We almost never waited for the crew for a moment. It was as fast as we can move was as fast as they were going to catch it. And it was like that for, I would say eight to 16 hours every day that we went. We’re moving as fast as we possibly can. It might be slowed by public transportation or by traffic or anything like that, but when you’re trekking or when you’re biking or when you’re climbing, it’s as fast as you can move, they’re going to keep up with you and they’re going at your pace, which was just incredibly impressive. These cameramen running next to us with a 30-pound camera on their shoulder while we’re sprinting — they did it every day.

Autumn: And they’ll pass you and circle you and get in front of you. And you’re at the trailhead and all of a sudden here comes these feet and you’re like, “How?” It was so impressive, what they can do. Situational things would come up, transportation things and whatever that would slow you down, but it was definitely a fast pace. And I honestly felt like we had to dig pretty deep. I haven’t done half of the things I did on that show. I’d never canoed. I’ve kayaked twice, but like fun kayaking, not like race kayaking. It was just… everything was a lot different on the show versus what you think you’re training for.

cerealking:
It’s on Disney Plus now if anyone missed or like me prefers to watch things at once.

Xoruz:
Race to the Center of the Earth will be added to Disney+ in Australia and New Zealand on June 4.

https://whatsondisneyplus.com/whats-coming-to-disney-in-june-2021-australia-new-zealand/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version