Author Topic: Media and Press Releases  (Read 2605 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Media and Press Releases
« on: March 28, 2021, 02:25:03 PM »
 :waves:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Media and Press Releases
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2021, 03:06:54 PM »
https://whatsondisneyplus.com/national-geographic-announces-details-on-the-race-to-the-center-of-the-earth/

The epic seven-part series, created by award-winning producers Bertram van Munster and Elise Doganieri, is an adrenaline-fueled global competition that pits four teams of three against one another in a nonstop sprint across the globe for a $1 million prize. RACE TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH is an extreme non-elimination competition that follows four groups of adventurers, each starting from different corners of the earth, as they race to a buoy holding the grand prize. Racing from different corners of the planet — South America, Russia, Canada and Southeast Asia, the teams will face untamed jungles, frozen arctic, arid deserts, bustling cities, treacherous mountains and vast oceans to reach the location where all four routes intersect. The first team to arrive at the buoy claims it all. Embarking on the adventure of a lifetime, these adventurous teams, made up of friends and co-workers, are confident their bond is what will lead them to the finish line.

After six months of rigorous prep work and scouting hundreds of locations covering more than 35,000 miles around the globe, a highly experienced team of producers and cinematographers was ready to hit the ground running, literally. Cameras follow the contestants, mirroring their actions as they take on various challenges that test their limits of strength, speed and stamina. The highly skilled filmmakers capture the teams throughout the race and at every waypoint — around 500 — with state-of-the-art camera technology including BlackMagic URSA Mini Pro G2, allowing ultra-high resolution in a small, handheld package.

The race is divided into two stages. Each team has been randomly assigned a different international route for Stage One; the contestants must travel a daily course of epic physical challenges within a set time frame. They are given a GPS device containing a number of waypoints indicating the route they must follow. Points given through Stage One will be tracked by the producers and are broken up as follows:

●      Arrive at the End of Day Waypoint before the grace period — TWO points

●      Arrive at the End of Day Waypoint within the grace period or on pace — ONE point

●      Arrive at the End of Day Waypoint after the grace period — ZERO points

●      Teams that do not complete the daily course in the allotted time will be moved to the final waypoint for safety and will lose ONE point.

The team with the most points at the end of Stage One will have a starting position advantage at the beginning of Stage Two. Teams will race head-to-head in this final stage; the first team to reach the buoy holding the grand prize will be the winner.

These adventurous teams, made up of friends and co-workers, are confident their bond is what will lead them to the finish line. The four teams include Team Russia, a group of colleagues from Anchorage, Alaska, who have known each other for 15 years and have been together through highly intense situations and personal milestones, will race through a variety of terrains in Russia; Team North America, a team of co-workers from Denver, Colorado, who consider each other family, will trek their way through the Canadian wilderness; Team South America, who boulder their way through daily intense training back home in San Diego, California, will trek through the glaciers and more in South America; and Team Southeast Asia from Seattle, Washington, who has bonded over their love of adventure, travel and the outdoors, will travel through Southeast Asia.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2021, 11:22:05 PM »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2021, 12:30:22 PM »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2021, 09:49:47 AM »
Really great article! Lots of insight on the HOW
https://hiddenremote.com/2021/05/07/race-to-the-center-of-the-earth-finale/

HR: What’s one thing from Race to the Center of the Earth that you want the audience to think about?

ED: You’re going to see these people go through extreme environments, through mental and physical struggles. But I think what I would love the viewer to think about is the production team behind the show. The people that are hanging on the cliff filming as somebody is jumaring up a sheer rock race or rappelling down a mountainside or climbing. The camera person and sound person that is kayaking on the water, trying to hold a camera and not fall into frigid water, and you’re balancing a 40 pound-camera on your shoulder. That they were keeping up with our contestants through all types of challenges tells you how strong, talented and special they are.
HR: What’s one thing from Race to the Center of the Earth that you want the audience to think about?

ED: You’re going to see these people go through extreme environments, through mental and physical struggles. But I think what I would love the viewer to think about is the production team behind the show. The people that are hanging on the cliff filming as somebody is jumaring up a sheer rock race or rappelling down a mountainside or climbing. The camera person and sound person that is kayaking on the water, trying to hold a camera and not fall into frigid water, and you’re balancing a 40 pound-camera on your shoulder. That they were keeping up with our contestants through all types of challenges tells you how strong, talented and special they are.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2021, 12:26:07 PM »
Interview with 2 contestants: https://uproxx.com/life/natgeo-center-of-the-earth/

A lot of cool info in here. The snake story in Thailand gave me the willies. And I know Peach loves production shout-outs, and this does have them!

With these shows that claim to be adventure-driven, sometimes there’s a lot of fixing that goes on behind the scenes or it seems like it’s constantly kinetic but it’s a lot of “hurry up and wait.” Other times, they really are incredibly nimble and incredibly grueling. What was the pace of this show? How difficult did it really prove to be?

James: It was incredibly difficult and the pace was literally nonstop. I was just so impressed with the crew, both from a pre-production standpoint and shooting. We almost never waited for the crew for a moment. It was as fast as we can move was as fast as they were going to catch it. And it was like that for, I would say eight to 16 hours every day that we went. We’re moving as fast as we possibly can. It might be slowed by public transportation or by traffic or anything like that, but when you’re trekking or when you’re biking or when you’re climbing, it’s as fast as you can move, they’re going to keep up with you and they’re going at your pace, which was just incredibly impressive. These cameramen running next to us with a 30-pound camera on their shoulder while we’re sprinting — they did it every day.

Autumn: And they’ll pass you and circle you and get in front of you. And you’re at the trailhead and all of a sudden here comes these feet and you’re like, “How?” It was so impressive, what they can do. Situational things would come up, transportation things and whatever that would slow you down, but it was definitely a fast pace. And I honestly felt like we had to dig pretty deep. I haven’t done half of the things I did on that show. I’d never canoed. I’ve kayaked twice, but like fun kayaking, not like race kayaking. It was just… everything was a lot different on the show versus what you think you’re training for.

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2021, 08:49:04 AM »
It’s on Disney Plus now if anyone missed or like me prefers to watch things at once.

Online Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2021, 08:06:47 PM »
Race to the Center of the Earth will be added to Disney+ in Australia and New Zealand on June 4.

https://whatsondisneyplus.com/whats-coming-to-disney-in-june-2021-australia-new-zealand/