Author Topic: TAR Australia 5 Episode 9 Live Show Discussion Thread  (Read 1113 times)

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • The best shows out there!
TAR Australia 5 Episode 9 Live Show Discussion Thread
« on: February 15, 2021, 09:16:51 PM »
:conf: Happy TAR AUSTRALIA DAY!!! :conf: 

IMPORTANT! Even though we are a spoiler board, we do NOT want to have the episode spoiled while it is airing.

SO PLEASE ** NO  OUTCOMES ** to be posted before the show is done airing AUS time

And to protect the unspoiled, NO FUTURE SPOILERS EVER!

Anyone breaking these rules is at BIG risk.  :browsie: 

Otherwise, come watch with us for the best weekly viewing party in town!! :party:

We will have a way to watch posted every week we can find one. So if you are overseas or just on the West Coast and want to watch right away...please join us! You can follow along and PLEASE help update as the show unfolds! We hope everyone will join in the fun!! :tup:

ANY LIVE STREAMING VIDEO links will be Here: https://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php?topic=36684.0

And you can entertain yourself with the weekly episode threads as well while you wait! **Spoilers**

Have FUN everyone and :tu for joining us!!

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR Australia 5 Episode 9 Live Show Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2021, 09:18:07 PM »
Tonight we head to the beautiful heart of Australia ❤

#AmazingRaceAU, 7.30 on 10 and 10 play.

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2021, 09:19:04 PM »
When you're up that high in the air... anything could happen 😯

#AmazingRaceAU, 7.30 tonight on 10 and 10 play

https://www.facebook.com/AmazingRaceAU/videos/162144739048069/

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2021, 02:29:49 AM »
Get ready to experience the natural wonders of Alice Springs from UP. IN. THE. AIR! But, what will cause one of our teams to make an emergency landing?

#AmazingRaceAU, 7.30 tonight on 10 and 10 play.

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2021, 02:30:20 AM »
Tonight the race continues as we make our way through the heart of the Red Centre...Alice Springs!

#AmazingRaceAU continues 7.30 tonight on 10

https://www.facebook.com/AmazingRaceAU/videos/1220932744989635/

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2021, 03:46:23 AM »
 :funny: :funny: :funny:

This episode though.  :funny:

Online Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2021, 10:38:30 AM »
This season has really turned into TAR China 2.

This episode and TAR China 2's Cappadocia episode are the reason TAR doesn't do many hot air balloon task.
The Henley-on-Todd-Regatta was a fun task.
The build Detour was difficult depending of the choice of equipment.
Surprised people thought that camels would be easier since they're not always compliant.

Sabo & Tage: Super Sikh Kangaroos  :funny:
Show content
I would joke about 16 teams but that's already happening.

Show content
This episode gave us another pengate incident akin to TAR 25. We'll see if the U-Turn remarks are just empty threats.

Offline SquareCubed

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2021, 02:03:00 PM »
That hot air balloon disaster was a great opening to the episode. In an already messy season with teams quitting left and right, production must have been so overwhelmed by trying to replace the teams that quit. And on top of that, this episode’s roadblock came crashing down (pun intended) so they had to make up a task out of the blue. I would have liked it if they made the T-Junction be something like the “forced intersection” they came up with during this episode. Teams only split into 2 groups for a single task, and after they’ve completed the task, they move on to their own individual tasks. Good thing this “intersection” came at the beginning of the leg. The challenges this week have been much better than the ones in the previous 2 weeks and the editing has also improved. We are actually able to see each team performing each task and we actually know where each team is. With less teams to show during the episodes, none of the teams are getting shafted in editing and I have gotten to know the teams a lot better. So far, the teams that have gotten eliminated either have not really made a big impression on screen or did not really seem capable of making it far, so I hope as the season goes on, the episodes continue to get more competitive. I did say that I like having less teams, which is why I dislike the fact that they’re introducing new teams into the mix. However, the footy girls seem like a nice addition to the race and I would have liked having them from the beginning replacing a team like the moms who wouldn’t have gone far anyway. So far, I am invested in this final 8 considering that none of these teams seem completely dominant over the others and none of them seem completely incapable of making it far either (except Dolor, but we need at least one train wreck of a team in the mix to keep things interesting). The placement switches the last couple episodes have shown us that it could be anyone’s race. Hopefully the new twists don’t ruin the race any further. One thing that I’m worried about is the fact that if they keep adding new teams and dragging the race further, things could get stale towards the end. It has been a very uneven season, with regards to enjoyment, but so far, with less teams, less linear challenges, and more interesting destinations than small towns in Queensland, this week’s episodes have been a step up from last the last 2 weeks where I had trouble even getting through some of them.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2021, 04:12:49 PM »
They shouldn't have called this a Non-Elimination Leg since the horrible Passes aren't going to be involved, I assume.

I agree about the team Intersection. That's essentially what the T-Junction sounds like except without the Tribal Council nonsense. So having random team Intersections at the start of the Leg (like Nation vs Nation challenges in TARAu3 as well) would've been much better. But they obviously wanted that Survivor element on this season.

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2021, 05:33:38 PM »
Episode Nine Thoughts

This leg was super weird in structure... but I really enjoy it! First off, teams making their way to the Alice Springs Library to sign-up for the charter buses was great to see! I loved the little scragfight between Chris & Aleisha and Ashleigh & Amanda about the pen, I think Ashleigh & Amanda are our new villains of the season! Next off, we go for the Outback Ballooning “Road Block” which turned out to be a Forced Intersection! I wonder if this was deliberately planned by production, but it was disguised as a Roadblock. Anyway, watching the teams roll up the hot air balloons was actually a great task and I really enjoyed it!

Next up, the River Regatta is a fantastic task and we finally saw this task in TAR! It was fantastic and I’d love to participate in this task! The Detour was OK to watch, the skate park equipment building was a little boring, I much preferred the camel task!

We also had an unaired task!

“After the Detour, teams had to decipher a Morse code message that would reveal the name of their next Pit Stop – "Ghan Station" – to receive their next clue and Subway sandwiches, which went unaired.”

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2021, 11:14:57 PM »
We did see them eating Subway on the train at the end, though.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2021, 11:26:31 PM »
How strange they wouldn't actually specifically mention they got Subway in the episode though. If I were Subway, I'd want a discount on what I paid for the product placement. lol
TAR China and TAR Canada does the food product placement fine and are not intrusive.

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2021, 12:49:32 AM »

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2021, 12:56:30 AM »
Sometimes even the best laid plans go awry, and an unexpected hot air balloon landing throws the race for a loop! #AmazingRaceAU

https://www.facebook.com/AmazingRaceAU/videos/209154747610555/

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2021, 07:58:15 AM »
This episode was really good! Haven't gotten an episode this good since Gold Coast or Winton+Longreach.

The best part about the hot air balloon roadblock was getting to see the sunrise from above!

Due to wind conditions, the roadblock got cancelled, and what production did to replace that roadblock was to have an impromptu intersection! I thought it was great to at least have the teams split into 2 groups to pack up the hot air balloons, rather than just giving all the teams their clues for the cancellation of the roadblock. I also like how this intersection and the one from the previous season actually needed more than 2 people to complete it. Previous intersections from other franchises and even in earlier Australian seasons could have those intersected tasks done by a single team. These intersections really make use of more than just 2 people, and I like that for the new TAR Australia!

The detour has an interesting balance to it. Cleaning and feeding a camel was chore-like and it required teams to work with animals, whereas the build a piece of the skate park detour's difficulty was dependent on what part the teams chose to build.
Show content
Jaskirat & Anurag and Dwes & Kat got there first, but they chose the harder pieces and ended up falling to the back of the pack again! Both teams started the detour first on the previous leg's detour, but because of the mistakes made, they were the bottom 2 last leg. Now they started as the first 2 at the detour again, except this time, somebody did worse than both teams did.
Really interesting to watch!

The pit stop was really cool with how it worked for a keep on racing leg! I thought it was so epic to have Beau tell them to jump on the Ghan and continue racing! That was fun, and it's definitely unique for a pit stop, which worked amazingly for a keep on racing leg!

They're gonna introduce another team on the next episode!? Last time I was so confused, and this time I can tell it has nothing to do with Shane & Deb's medical withdrawal. It's an actual twist which I have yet to form a solid opinion on. ???

Online stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2021, 08:57:02 AM »
I agree, I always imagines something like this where teams needed to Keep on racing on a moving pitstop like a boat or a train.

One question I had was how long was the Ghan there for? I imagine it was not JUST for the amazing race, so I guess it usually stops for a certain amount. I wonder if production was a bit stressed that a team would take too long to complete the task and the train needed to leave.

Anyone knows how long the layover of the Ghan in Alice Spring usually is?

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2021, 10:59:51 PM »
I agree, I always imagines something like this where teams needed to Keep on racing on a moving pitstop like a boat or a train.

One question I had was how long was the Ghan there for? I imagine it was not JUST for the amazing race, so I guess it usually stops for a certain amount. I wonder if production was a bit stressed that a team would take too long to complete the task and the train needed to leave.

Anyone knows how long the layover of the Ghan in Alice Spring usually is?

Looking at the website for The Ghan (https://journeybeyondrail.com.au/), it seems pretty loosely scheduled. It's promoting an experience adventure for tourists, so it arrives at Alice Springs (in the morning? - time not mentioned). The passengers can do some excursions The Ghan offers through the day, then they leave for Coober Pedy in the late afternoon or evening. I think that's how it works. The website was a bit confusing. The train leaves Darwin on Wednesday, then goes to Alice Spring Thursday, Coober Pedy Friday and finally to Adelaide on Saturday.

However, not seeing any other passengers on the train in the preview clip, I expect this was a special charter run for the show and they can leave whenever they want.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2021, 11:03:15 PM »
Episode Nine Thoughts

This leg was super weird in structure... but I really enjoy it! First off, teams making their way to the Alice Springs Library to sign-up for the charter buses was great to see! I loved the little scragfight between Chris & Aleisha and Ashleigh & Amanda about the pen, I think Ashleigh & Amanda are our new villains of the season! Next off, we go for the Outback Ballooning “Road Block” which turned out to be a Forced Intersection! I wonder if this was deliberately planned by production, but it was disguised as a Roadblock. Anyway, watching the teams roll up the hot air balloons was actually a great task and I really enjoyed it!

Next up, the River Regatta is a fantastic task and we finally saw this task in TAR! It was fantastic and I’d love to participate in this task! The Detour was OK to watch, the skate park equipment building was a little boring, I much preferred the camel task!

We also had an unaired task!

“After the Detour, teams had to decipher a Morse code message that would reveal the name of their next Pit Stop – "Ghan Station" – to receive their next clue and Subway sandwiches, which went unaired.”

Thanks for posting the unaired task. I was really confused about teams apparently stopping to pick up Subway sandwiches on the way to the pit stop. Especially last place Holly and Dolor. Product placement hadn't occurred to me.

Online Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • <3
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2021, 03:18:04 AM »
I'm being quite open minded and enjoying this race but man it does get really annoying when new teams join in the middle of the course...
Plus, Holly & Dolor CANNOT be eliminated. Dolor is pure gold entertainment. He cracks me up every episode.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2021, 05:07:36 PM »
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 01:05:41 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2021, 07:57:01 AM »
Also speaking of unaired tasks, Episode 10's recap inadvertently included footage of the unaired morse code task  :funny:

That's Ashleigh & Amanda celebrating with "Ghan Station" written on their board, and the three other teams (Jordan & Violeta/Chris & Aleisha/Brendon & Jackson) who finished the Detour after them in the background.