Author Topic: TAR AUS 5 DISCUSSION of ALL SHOW & AD SPOILERS *may contain future info*  (Read 33542 times)

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR AUS 5 DISCUSSION of ALL SHOW & AD SPOILERS *may contain future info*
« Reply #100 on: March 10, 2021, 07:57:47 AM »
This is complete guessing with no basis - but I feel like the T-Junction was planned for Leg 6 but scrapped after Shane & Deb were medically evacuated, leaving us with only 9 teams racing the leg after the Leg 5 winner skipped it.

Why? So many elements of the Leg 6 design feels conducive for the T-Junction, more so than any of the other legs we've seen so far:
-There was an unaired boat scramble at the start of the leg - teams didn't just get on the boat, they had to find their ferry and then answer a quiz which I assume would have led to one team winning the chance to form the T-Junction teams.
-Speaking of the boats, there was an awkward 5-4 boat split TWICE during the leg that could have very easily been 5-5 (aka a T-Junction team takes the first ferry and the other T-Junction team takes the second)
-The turtles Detour was restricted to five teams max doing it (which would have effectively forced each T-Junction team to do two different Detours)
-The Salvage and Sabotage were small enough to be non-factors - the guide barely helped Jobelle & Rani and Jordan & Violeta could remove their scuba equipment at any Detour
-The bottle collecting task was in a big enough area to fit 5 teams vs. 5 teams racing to get all their allocated bottles
-The unaired Roadblock could have been a final challenge for the T-Junction teams
-The Pit Stop is even on a big beach location perfect for its Survivor vibe; even the parchment teams got for "Take the Bottles" looked like a voting parchment

Just my guess. And to add to the speculation, the T-Junction introductory video was deleted from the 10 site shortly before the premiere.

That makes 100% sense!
I wonder why they just didn't bring back the girls who were eliminated just before. I'm just they were not that far!
And also why the hell talk about it with the media lol

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #101 on: March 10, 2021, 03:04:27 PM »
Yeah, the fact that they didn't tell Ten's PR people not to include it in the press releases is funny. lol

Offline Charity00

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #102 on: March 11, 2021, 12:39:51 AM »
It does seem like Leg 6 was the best time for the T Junction. It didn’t have any drives/taxis and consisted of just running around the islands and taking boats that would fit 5 teams. T Junction legs would not work well with driving or taxis because the superteam needs to stay together.

Also final 10 is the best time for the T Junction because 5 is the best number for a vote and strategy session. 4 is an even number and more awkward and 3 is too small for any interesting strategy/votes.

If this is true, thank god Shane and Deb were medevaced to rid us of this atrocity!

Next leg being non elimination and the final 6 being a T-junction is possible but I still don’t see why they would place it at final 6 because a vote off with 3 is not interesting. Even Survivor avoids a tribe of 3.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #103 on: March 12, 2021, 10:41:06 PM »
New addendum to the endgame timeline - Hunter Valley is confirmed to be Leg 19.

Tasks Include:
-Dressage Routine
-Tap Dogs
-Detour at Hunter Valley (making wine with grapes or picking olives)
-A "needle in a haystack" challenge (potentially a haybales-esque task) before the Pit Stop

Source: https://www.hit.com.au/story/newcastle-is-about-to-make-their-amazing-race-debut-168871
https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/story/7163432/

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #104 on: March 13, 2021, 10:46:26 AM »
Here's the schedule/rough timeline I mapped out for the rest of the Race that we have (including sightings + potential boots):

November 5 (Day-Afternoon):
-Third Tasmania Leg (Leg 18)
-MJ & Chelsea eliminated

November 6: Leg 19- Hunter Valley
-Dressage Routine
-Tap Dogs
-Detour at Hunter Valley (making wine with grapes or picking olives)
-A "needle in a haystack" challenge (potentially a haybales-esque task) before the Pit Stop
-Assumed KOR or NEL with no First Class Pass, "5 teams Race in Blue Mountains"

November 7/8:
-Second NSW Leg in the Blue Mountains (Leg 20)
-Leg confirmed to be shot over at least 2 days as per Beau Interview: "We stayed in the Blue Mountains probably a day longer than we were scheduled because we needed to get so much done."
-Detour at the Hydro Majestic Hotel at Medlow Bath
-Leuralla Toy and Rail Museum
-Empress Falls Task (Rappel seen in second promo)
-Pit Stop: Leuralla Public Gardens Amphitheatre (mat seen in second promo)
-Confirmed Elimination Leg: "One of the popular teams eliminated in the Blue Mountains in a "heartbreaking" finish" - Beau

Considering how Skye-Blue & Jake were sighted at the Crowne Plaza Hotel "checking in" with no camera crew in sight, I think this is either an overnight rest or them getting sequestered by production as our 5th Place elimination.

November 9:
-Dubbo leg (Leg 21)
-Confirmed to be directly after Blue Mountains as per Beau Interview - “We literally got off a bus that we drove from 4am in the Blue Mountains, arrived and then got straight into it. The locals were ready to go and were great.”
-Likely an NEL leg

November 10:
-Unknown

November 11:
-Alleged Broken Hill sighting (Leg 22)
-Pit Stop preparations at Silverton, NSW (Mad Max 2 Museum) at 2:09 AM
-Chris & Aleisha sighted with a Roadblock clue in Gulgong, NSW (posted on November 11 RFF board time)

November 12-13:
-Unknown (Either this is leg 23 in NSW or rest before before the last 2 legs)

November 14:
-Ashleigh & Amanda, Jaskirat & Anurag, and Brendon & Jackson sighted in Canberra
-Potential Sydney ending as per Beau interview: "When we got back to Sydney we finished there, and it took a couple of weeks to finish there, so we didn't have to quarantine again.
[/quote]

So we are good for leg 18/19/20/21/22

The only thing left is to see if Sydney is really a leg (leg 24) or if they meant post-production was Sydney.
If Sydney is the finale, then maybe C/A won the final first class pass and the sighting in Canberra was the battle for those last 2 places.
Or it was the finale leg! I guess we will find out soon lol

Here is a list of cities Beau said was visited , from NSW:

Sydney
Newcastle (Leg 19)
Bathurst (Is this for our Blue Mountain leg 20 or is this after, on their way to Dubbo?)
Orange (same as Bathurst is this our Blue Mountain leg?)
Tooraweenah (leg 21 with Dubbo?)
Woolgoolga (Leg 19? Is this too far, how does that fit?)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 07:11:48 PM by stunami »

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #105 on: March 13, 2021, 12:29:06 PM »
It does seem like Leg 6 was the best time for the T Junction. It didn’t have any drives/taxis and consisted of just running around the islands and taking boats that would fit 5 teams. T Junction legs would not work well with driving or taxis because the superteam needs to stay together.

Also final 10 is the best time for the T Junction because 5 is the best number for a vote and strategy session. 4 is an even number and more awkward and 3 is too small for any interesting strategy/votes.

If this is true, thank god Shane and Deb were medevaced to rid us of this atrocity!

Next leg being non elimination and the final 6 being a T-junction is possible but I still don’t see why they would place it at final 6 because a vote off with 3 is not interesting. Even Survivor avoids a tribe of 3.

If that was meant to be the T-Junction leg, it does make sense for the Survivor-style endurance Roadblock on that leg.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #106 on: March 13, 2021, 02:53:46 PM »
If Sydney is the finale, then maybe C/A won the final first class pass and the sighting in Canberra was the battle for those last 2 places.

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #107 on: March 13, 2021, 07:23:48 PM »
Also, I just noticed now but I do see a fourth typing machine in the Canberra pics... Maybe it is final 4. would they have a fourth one for fun?

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #108 on: March 13, 2021, 07:35:51 PM »
Also, I just noticed now but I do see a fourth typing machine in the Canberra pics... Maybe it is final 4. would they have a fourth one for fun?

It's a spare. We have confirmation on what the typewriter task is from someone production hired to provide the typewriters.

One member of each team had to stand in the House of Representatives gallery and memorise as much (in short takes) of the famous “Kerr’s Cur” speech made by former Australian Labor Party Prime Minister Gough Whitlam. The contestant hearing the speech then had to run into the typewriter room and dictate, from memory, snatches of the text. No notes could be written down, so this took several return journeys. The memorised grabs were typed by his or her teammate, and the whole speech had to be word perfect before the teams were allowed to leave the typewriting room and proceed to the front steps of Old Parliament House, where one member delivered the lines (this is where Whitlam made his speech in 1975, see image above). Only then did the typewriting test end and the teams could start thinking about their next challenge. The whole thing took almost two hours.

They cited only seeing Ashleigh & Amanda, Brendon & Jackson, and Jaskirat & Anurag. The photo with Ashleigh & Amanda alone is timestamped 12:10 PM while the shot with all three teams are at 12:28 PM. Doubt they wouldn't mention a fourth team if they were there for hours and there was a fourth team racing.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #109 on: March 14, 2021, 05:55:46 PM »
I'm guessing on one more Salvage and Sabotage while they still have 5 teams but at F4 they can't really do it anymore.

Imagine if one team gets the day off and 3 are racing, then it becomes like "Who won't get the third spot in the finale?"

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #110 on: March 15, 2021, 05:19:52 AM »
I'm guessing on one more Salvage and Sabotage while they still have 5 teams but at F4 they can't really do it anymore.

Imagine if one team gets the day off and 3 are racing, then it becomes like "Who won't get the third spot in the finale?"

If Chris & Aleisha win that though I'd be here for it  :funny: :funny: :funny:

Offline OMGitsGARRET

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #111 on: March 15, 2021, 08:54:16 AM »
I know the chances of it happening are 0.01%, but until I see it actually play out on screen, I'm choosing to believe that the pictures of the Cowboys, Gold Coast Girls, and Super Sikhs doing the typewriting task is actually from the penultimate leg and Chris & Aleisha just won the prior leg and have the First Class pass. I'm also going to further believe that this means with Chris & Aleisha actually making the final leg, that THEY are the winners of this season.  :-[

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #112 on: March 15, 2021, 05:14:01 PM »
I know the chances of it happening are 0.01%, but until I see it actually play out on screen, I'm choosing to believe that the pictures of the Cowboys, Gold Coast Girls, and Super Sikhs doing the typewriting task is actually from the penultimate leg and Chris & Aleisha just won the prior leg and have the First Class pass. I'm also going to further believe that this means with Chris & Aleisha actually making the final leg, that THEY are the winners of this season.  :-[

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #113 on: March 15, 2021, 10:03:40 PM »
Sorry to break some unfortunate news (so basically, nothing changed :( ), but Leg 23 has been confirmed to be in West Sydney.

Either we have a Final 3 NEL for the first time since The Amazing Race 9 or Chris & Aleisha are eliminated on Leg 23.

And, on Tuesday, March 23, viewers will see The Amazing Race right here in Fairfield.

Filmed back in November, contestants have three local stops - Diem Hen Restaurant in Canley Heights, Kwan Yin Temple in Canley Vale and MingYue Lay Temple in Bonnyrigg.

The challenges for the remaining contestants celebrated Fairfield's strong Asian community.

At Diem Hen Restaurant, racers had to play Hot Vit Lon (fertilised duck egg) lazy Susan roulette, which Ryan said was one of the more difficult eating challenges this season.

The challenges at the temples saw contestants have to master a traditional Chinese fan dance, perform the ancient tradition of Kau Chim, and shake fortune sticks to reveal the code to a golden lock-box.

The Amazing Race Australia's local episode will air on Tuesday, March 23. It is the show's penultimate episode and will be followed by the finale on Sunday, March 28.

Source: https://www.fairfieldchampion.com.au/story/7167203/the-amazing-race-heads-to-canley-heights-bonnyrigg/

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #114 on: March 15, 2021, 11:10:54 PM »
So the typewriters sighting is from Canberra which is the Final Leg?  :'(

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #115 on: March 15, 2021, 11:18:37 PM »
So the typewriters sighting is from Canberra which is the Final Leg?  :'(

Yes. And considering how difficult the task seems to be, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the 2nd to last task of the season.

Offline mjharmstone

• RFF Jr. Member
    • You Are Team No. Podcast
« Reply #116 on: March 16, 2021, 03:46:34 AM »
So Broken Hill must be the shoey leg then. Can't see Chrisleisha playing Balut roulette.

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #117 on: March 16, 2021, 08:10:59 AM »
So Bathurst and Orange won't be visited? Beau Beau Beau, you liar!!

Offline mjharmstone

• RFF Jr. Member
    • You Are Team No. Podcast
« Reply #118 on: March 16, 2021, 02:16:39 PM »
The Gulgong sighting is the Dubbo leg, so Chrisleisha are on the bubble as of next leg.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #119 on: March 19, 2021, 06:25:10 PM »
Canberra is confirmed to be the finale.

Typewriter task at Parliament House is preceded or followed by a task involving assembling puzzles of the Australian and Aboriginal flags.
Teams take helicopters to Thredbo to do more tasks.
Finish Line is at Mount Kosciuszko.

Source: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/7175079/canberra-and-mount-kosciuszko-to-feature-in-amazing-race-finale/?src=rss

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #120 on: March 19, 2021, 06:37:35 PM »
Also based off screencap analysis and team's clothes of the "Finals Week" promo:
-Chris & Aleisha are barely in the promo. But there is one shot of Aleisha with her arms stretched out in the outback riding what might be a motorcycle, so I assume that based off the Mad Max 2 Museum Pit Stop, that they at least make it to Leg 22.
-There is a task involving teams jumping through fire. All teams but Chris & Aleisha shown doing it. This might be the "completing a hell of a Hollywood stunt" for Leg 23.

This is just a blind guess with no basis, but considering how the fire jump would be very easy promo material, I don't think it's too far off to say that Leg 23 might be the first international season to have an F3 NEL since TAR Latin America.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 06:44:28 PM by gamerfan09 »

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #121 on: March 19, 2021, 07:34:25 PM »
I feel like this season would do leg 23 not as a NEL but more of a: this leg you fight for the departing order of the finale!
Like the winners of this leg gets a 20 mins lead over team 2 and 40 minutes over team 3.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #122 on: March 20, 2021, 05:44:34 AM »
Thanks to Chris's Instagram story - actual confirmation that we had two unaired Roadblocks. One on Leg 6 and one on Leg 17.

Aleisha and Jaskirat did both Roadblocks, leaving both teams to have a flat RB count of 8-8.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #123 on: March 23, 2021, 05:03:15 AM »
I think they essentially spoiled the winner, or at least the final footrace in the preview for the finale at the end of Episode 23  :lol:

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #124 on: March 23, 2021, 10:31:24 AM »
I think they essentially spoiled the winner, or at least the final footrace in the preview for the finale at the end of Episode 23  :lol:

Who is it? (I didn't see the preview)