Author Topic: TAR AUS 5 DISCUSSION of ALL SHOW & AD SPOILERS *may contain future info*  (Read 33282 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: TAR AUS 5 DISCUSSION of ALL SHOW & AD SPOILERS *may contain future info*
« Reply #75 on: February 23, 2021, 12:31:44 PM »
This is such a long race. But I am enjoying the personalities! Hope that they actually need the stowaway teams to check-in TOP 3 to earn their spot, and not just a lame 5 mins delay.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #76 on: February 23, 2021, 12:33:42 PM »
Do the teams even know that they need to race THAT long? LOL.

And not only that, at this point I hope that the winning team is the team that raced from the start. Yes, even Holly and Whiney.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #77 on: February 23, 2021, 01:08:55 PM »
Knew Victoria was a no-go, but it's a little disappointing about no Western Australia. Thought so after that shot of the pink lake near Broome.

But still excited for Tasmania and the capital Canberra still coming, since TAR has never visited these before :)

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I wonder if Beau skinnydipping is foreshadowing a skinny-dipping fast forward. :funny:

Looks like the last 9 legs are 4 NEL and 4 EL to get to the finale.
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
Also maybe this year will be a final 2 rather than 3? That would save us one NEL

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I wonder if Beau skinnydipping is foreshadowing a skinny-dipping fast forward. :funny:

Seems to be a reference to the Dark Mofo nude swim on Long Beach in Hobart. If it is a Fast Forward, what is it with channels having a nude Fast Forward on their second season (7, 10, CTV, and Reshet)?

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Seems to be a reference to the Dark Mofo nude swim on Long Beach in Hobart. If it is a Fast Forward, what is it with channels having a nude Fast Forward on their second season (7, 10, CTV, and Reshet)?

It's actually a fast forward. I think Skye-Blue and Jake take it.
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
With Leg 18 being an elimination Leg, that leaves five teams. So when in the world is the T-Junction happening? Could they really have just forgotten about it? They couldn't possibly have it at the Final Four. That defeats the purpose of the twist.

Could they really bring in a final Stowaway team this late? Then do the T-Junction in Leg 19? (Which at that point, you've got to vote out the last Stowaway.)

If not, they would need three more Non-Elims if it's really 24 Legs. And two of them might have to be back to back. Otherwise, every other Leg would have to be Non-Elim, including the Penultimate Leg.

Or have a Final 2 which would be pretty boring.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I'm guessing the twist is just cancelled. The video was yanked from the 10 site before the premiere.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
I wonder why they would still include it in the pre-show press release then. But hey, if they just said "Forget it" then  :clap2:

Offline mjharmstone

• RFF Jr. Member
    • You Are Team No. Podcast
There still could be a return leg to bring it back to six. Next week's listings are super vague.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
There still could be a return leg to bring it back to six. Next week's listings are super vague.

Not sure if a return leg is viable - this recent leg filmed November 4. Stan & Wayne were home by November 5. Maybe another double NEL-KOR combo similar to the one that spared Holly & Dolor or an NEL-NEL combo similar to the one that spared Stan & Wayne twice.

Offline mjharmstone

• RFF Jr. Member
It's more the fact that we know SB&J were still around Leg 21, C&A 23 and they've guaranteed 18 will be an elimination now. The only other option if T-Junction still exists is it being at F4, in which case it's utterly ludicrous.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
I would actually prefer a T-Junction at the final 4 than before that so it wouldn’t be a vote for who leaves.

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
It's more the fact that we know SB&J were still around Leg 21, C&A 23 and they've guaranteed 18 will be an elimination now. The only other option if T-Junction still exists is it being at F4, in which case it's utterly ludicrous.

Well that would mean the Footy girls are out next then. 19/20 NEL, 21 SB&J eliminated, 22 NEL, 23 C&A out, and the final 3 on leg 24

Online Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster

Well that would mean the Footy girls are out next then. 19/20 NEL, 21 SB&J eliminated, 22 NEL, 23 C&A out, and the final 3 on leg 24
Based on their faces in the preview, Chris & Aleisha are shocked to survive and MJ & Chelsea are crying and have accepted their loss.
Even without spoilers/future sightings, the preview gives a fair bit away.
Not sure we know for sure the order in which Skye-Blue & Jake/Chris & Aleisha are eliminated unless someone's put together the order of sightings in NSW, especially since it seems like we have at least a couple legs wherein multiple towns are visited.
We know Skye-Blue & Jake were seen in the Hunter Valley and Chris & Aleisha are in Gulgong (?), but I don't think either were sighted in Broken Hill, the prospective penultimate leg. Narratively, though, I think Chris & Aleisha make it farther.

I'd also like to echo the sentiments about the T-Junction. The idea of having it at F4, let alone late game (if at all), is ridiculous.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline mjharmstone

• RFF Jr. Member
I'm pretty sure C&A were spoiled to be in one of the locations for Leg 23.

SB&J were definitely last seen Leg 21.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Interview from Beau about the Blue Mountains leg:

With just five teams left in the competition when they arrive in the Blue Mountains, one of the challenges features extreme heights that pushed them to their limits.

Teams also experience a high tea detour at the Hydro Majestic Hotel at Medlow Bath while other destinations include the Leuralla Toy and Rail Museum.

Ryan said the Blue Mountains episode is one of his favourites from the entire season.

"It's a fantastic episode," he said. "We stayed in the Blue Mountains probably a day longer than we were scheduled because we needed to get so much done.

But the praise comes with a sting, with one of the popular teams eliminated in the Blue Mountains in a "heartbreaking" finish, said Ryan.

"The Blue Mountains one [elimination] hits me hard," he said. "All of them hit me hard in a different way.

We will be down to 4 teams by the time Leg 21 begins.

Source: https://www.bluemountainsgazette.com.au/story/7158494/danger-ahead-for-amazing-racers-during-blue-mountains-visit/?cs=12&utm_source=website&utm_medium=index&utm_campaign=sidebar#slide=0

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
We know Skye-Blue & Jake were seen in the Hunter Valley and Chris & Aleisha are in Gulgong (?), but I don't think either were sighted in Broken Hill, the prospective penultimate leg. Narratively, though, I think Chris & Aleisha make it farther.

To further complicate the timing - a Pit Stop was leaked this week. This is the Mad Max Museum in Silverton, NSW, 26km away from Broken Hill, taken on November 11, 2020. The post said to "watch this Tuesday", so I'm assuming they posted this one week early and this is supposed to be the Pit Stop for Leg 21.

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/CMIqOX0D4Ah/

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Ok so sorry for the triple posting but I've condensed everything we have so far lol.

Here's the schedule/rough timeline I mapped out for the rest of the Race that we have (including sightings + potential boots):

November 4 (Night):
-New Norfolk sighting + Pit Stop (Leg 17)

November 5 (Day-Afternoon):
-Third Tasmania Leg (Leg 18)
-MJ & Chelsea eliminated

November 6:
-Unknown Location, first NSW Leg (Leg 19)
-Assumed KOR or NEL with no First Class Pass, "5 teams Race in Blue Mountains"

November 7/8:
-Second NSW Leg in the Blue Mountains (Leg 20)
-Leg confirmed to be shot over at least 2 days as per Beau Interview: "We stayed in the Blue Mountains probably a day longer than we were scheduled because we needed to get so much done."
-Matches our Hunter Valley sighting time
-Detour at the Hydro Majestic Hotel at Medlow Bath
-Leuralla Toy and Rail Museum
-Empress Falls Task (Rappel seen in second promo)
-Pit Stop: Leuralla Public Gardens Amphitheatre (mat seen in second promo)
-Confirmed Elimination Leg: "One of the popular teams eliminated in the Blue Mountains in a "heartbreaking" finish" - Beau

Considering how Skye-Blue & Jake were sighted at the Crowne Plaza Hotel "checking in" with no camera crew in sight, I think this is either an overnight rest or them getting sequestered by production as our 5th Place elimination.

November 9:
-Dubbo leg (Leg 21)
-Confirmed to be directly after Blue Mountains as per Beau Interview - “We literally got off a bus that we drove from 4am in the Blue Mountains, arrived and then got straight into it. The locals were ready to go and were great.”
-Likely an NEL leg

November 10:
-Unknown

November 11:
-Alleged Broken Hill sighting
-Pit Stop preparations at Silverton, NSW (Mad Max 2 Museum) at 2:09 AM
-Chris & Aleisha sighted with a Roadblock clue in Gulgong, NSW (posted on November 11 RFF board time)

November 12-13:
-Unknown

November 14:
-Ashleigh & Amanda, Jaskirat & Anurag, and Brendon & Jackson sighted in Canberra
-Potential Sydney ending as per Beau interview: "When we got back to Sydney we finished there, and it took a couple of weeks to finish there, so we didn't have to quarantine again.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2021, 09:32:25 PM by gamerfan09 »

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
I'm taking that Sydney thing to mean they flew into it for Leg 19, not necessarily for the finale. At the time of filming, New South Wales had no quarantine requirements for interstate travel unless you were coming from Victoria, so they would indeed have had no need to quarantine after finishing the race in Canberra as we're expecting.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
I wonder if the non-First Class Non-Elimination Legs were the last-minute Leg additions, or at least the ones to make up for the last-minute Legs?  :duno:
That's the reason I'll believe to explain the randomly different "rules" for those Legs lol

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
The legs we know for sure that were tacked on this season were the Tasmania legs, since there were interviews about production immediately scrambling to get teams in once Tasmania opened.

Offline Charity00

• RFF Not So Newbie
So are we are assuming the T Junction is not happening?

It stated that 2 superteams are formed and the losing superteam has to vote one team off. That cannot be done in a 2 vs 2 situation and next episode is definitely an elimination with no sign of a T Junction. I could possibly see it working in the final 4 where it is 2 vs 2 and the WINNING superteam votes off one team from the losing superteam. Don’t like it but it is feasible. Except the articles stated it is the LOSING team that votes someone out, basically like Survivor.

I’m guessing the T Junction was planned at some point but some smart person in production was like “Let’s not be stupid” and thankfully got it removed.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
This is complete guessing with no basis - but I feel like the T-Junction was planned for Leg 6 but scrapped after Shane & Deb were medically evacuated, leaving us with only 9 teams racing the leg after the Leg 5 winner skipped it.

Why? So many elements of the Leg 6 design feels conducive for the T-Junction, more so than any of the other legs we've seen so far:
-There was an unaired boat scramble at the start of the leg - teams didn't just get on the boat, they had to find their ferry and then answer a quiz which I assume would have led to one team winning the chance to form the T-Junction teams.
-Speaking of the boats, there was an awkward 5-4 boat split TWICE during the leg that could have very easily been 5-5 (aka a T-Junction team takes the first ferry and the other T-Junction team takes the second)
-The turtles Detour was restricted to five teams max doing it (which would have effectively forced each T-Junction team to do two different Detours)
-The Salvage and Sabotage were small enough to be non-factors - the guide barely helped Jobelle & Rani and Jordan & Violeta could remove their scuba equipment at any Detour
-The bottle collecting task was in a big enough area to fit 5 teams vs. 5 teams racing to get all their allocated bottles
-The unaired Roadblock could have been a final challenge for the T-Junction teams
-The Pit Stop is even on a big beach location perfect for its Survivor vibe; even the parchment teams got for "Take the Bottles" looked like a voting parchment

Just my guess. And to add to the speculation, the T-Junction introductory video was deleted from the 10 site shortly before the premiere.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 07:15:27 AM by gamerfan09 »