The Amazing Race International Versions > TAR Australia

Discussion of the NEW TAR AUS RULES and ADVANTAGES and TOOLS(no team spoilers)

(1/4) > >>

georgiapeach:
https://tvtonight.com.au/2021/01/new-rules-on-amazing-race-australia.html

--- Quote from: stunami on January 27, 2021, 04:57:32 PM ---From this new article:https://tvtonight.com.au/2021/01/new-rules-on-amazing-race-australia.html
These come on top of the regular Roadblock, Detour, U-Turn, Fast Forward & Intersection.

The winning team of a non-elimination leg, gain two massive advantages:
1. They do not have to compete in the next leg. Instead, they receive a First Class Pass and are rewarded with some kind of luxury experience while the other teams continue to race.

2. They will return to the Pit Stop for the arrivals of the final two teams and
choose to Salvage one and Sabotage the other.

Salvage: A bonus or advantage of some kind given to one team. For example, the team may receive a personal driver for the next leg, they may get extra money, or they may be allowed to know what the Roadblock challenge is, before they choose who attempts it.

Sabotage: A disadvantage or setback given to one team. For example, the team may need to complete the leg with one of the team members blindfolded or tied together, they may lose all their money, or they may even have to do it barefoot.

T-Junction: A huge challenge day, only once in the Race, where all racers are split into two massive super-teams. The super-teams will be chosen by the first racers to reach the T-Junction board at the head of the episode. They will pick their super-team and the remaining teams form the second group. The teams will move through the entire race day in these two groups. Whichever group checks in second at the Pit Stop, will choose to eliminate a team from their group themselves.

--- End quote ---

georgiapeach:
I moved this over from the spoilers and removed the spoilers.

Thanks so much stunami!

DISCUSS! Big Game changers here!

Declive:
I can't believe i'm saying this but...i loved it.
Can't wait to see it on air.

ianthebalance:
My only main issue is the junction teams deciding who is eliminated. Besides that I am intrigued.

I’m assuming that the last place team on a NEL still departs last even if they are given the Salvage?

BourkieBoy:
I’m going to reserve proper judgement on these “twists” until we actually seek them aired, but I actually don’t really mind these twists ONLY being implemented for this season?

The winner of the non-elimination leg being able to Salvage or Sabotage the non-eliminated team is actually a really cool idea! I’m not fussed on the winner of the non-elimination leg also being able to sit out the next leg and be rewarded for their hard work? I really wanna see how this one goes!

However, I’m not exactly keen on the winner of the T-Junction being able to vote out a team from the losing T-Junction team? This is getting to Survivorily for me and might also be seen to be unfair for the most dominant team of the season, to be eliminated because they are a threat? (Hello, Tom & Tyler from last year!)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version