The Amazing Race International Versions > TAR Australia

TAR AUS 5 ROUTE (including media info) (SPOILERS)

<< < (2/18) > >>

stunami:
Please feel free to right to me to add anything.
Thanks Alenaveda for the captions!

Could #18 be the Leuralla Public Gardens Amphitheatre in BlueMountain National Park? Which would mean we have a pitstop there

Xoruz:
19-25 are the Hidden Valley Raceway in Darwin.

The mine appears to be the Umoona Opal Mine And Museum in Coober Pedy.

georgiapeach:
FIRST CHALLENGE:

"In the promo, the Kuku Yalanji people welcome the contestants to their land, and set them up for their first challenge."

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/reality-tv/watch-the-contestants-of-the-amazing-race-australia-battle-through-the-extreme-challenges/news-story/e498a4136faff997b0b661f062e7ac75

ovalorange:
Thanks for setting this up, there needs to be a lot of discussion on this to sort out the route and timing of legs  :)x

I think we had rumours of a rappel at Castle Hill, Townsville during filming. Should match up with that promo pic.

The shot of the mat should be at Leuralla Public Gardens Amphitheatre (Blue Mountains).

Given the highwire/exercise ball challenge location & teams included, I think it has to slot in the Daintree area. Possibly around Cape Tribulation given the mountains in the background?

Also given The Ghan is in the promos, I would have thought they'd come from Alice Springs into Coober Pedy? Dunno if there's time for that though. I also don't think we have any actual confirmation of WA at this point in time from the promos  :'(

tarflyonthewall:
Spoilers seem to suggest a pretty logical route actually, with only a couple of issues:

Leg 1: Daintree Rainforest, QLD (October 6)
Leg 2: Longreach/Winton, QLD (October 9)
Leg 3: Townsville, QLD (October 11)
Leg 4: Magnetic Island, QLD (October 14)
Leg 5: Cairns, QLD (October 16)
Leg 6: Unknown
Leg 7: Darwin, NT (arrival October 19, leg October 20)
Leg 8: Alice Springs, NT (October 21)
Leg 9: Coober Pedy, SA (date unknown but fits here)
Leg 10: Adelaide/Barossa Valley, SA (October 24)
Leg 11: Port Lincoln, SA (October 26)
Legs 12 and 13: Esperance and Kalgoorlie, WA (dates unknown but fit here; too far apart for the same leg)
Leg 14: Broome, WA (date unknown but fits here)
Leg 15: Hobart, TAS (November 2)
Leg 16: New Norfolk, TAS (November 4)
Leg 17: Unknown
Legs 18 and 19: Hunter Valley, NSW (November 8 and 9)
Leg 20: Broken Hill, NSW (November 12)
Leg 21: Canberra, ACT (November 14)

So then the only problems are the Gold Coast appearing in the promo and Beau rattling off Brisbane, Launceston, and half a dozen NSW locations we didn't know about in his video.

The state border situations due to Covid make it incredibly, incredibly unlikely they'd return to a state after leaving so what if Brisbane/Gold Coast is Leg 6, in between Cairns and Darwin, and the mystery gap between New Norfolk and the Hunter Valley is a leg that involves driving across Tasmania to Launceston airport, flying into Sydney, and then a long drive along the highways through the Blue Mountains, Bathurst, and Orange to Dubbo? Dubbo is also very near the Hunter Valley and makes perfect sense as a starting point for a visit to that region.

That'd fix EVERY SINGLE PROBLEM we have sorting out the route, unless more unexpected locations turn up?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version