TOUGH as NAILS > TOUGH AS NAILS 2

TAN2: Cyril "Zeus" Ontai III

(1/1)

RealityFreakWill:

Cyril "Zeus" Ontai III

Job: Lineman
Hometown: Honolulu

Three words to describe you: Self-motivated, innovative, and optimistic.

What do you do?
I work on high-voltage power lines. I keep the lights on and businesses running. I maintain power lines on utility poles and various types of structures to ensure efficient power to residential and commercial areas. I install and repair cables used in electrical power or distribution systems.

What is a typical day like for you?
On a typical workday I usually wake up and get my usual at Starbucks (Venti vanilla sweet cream cold brew). I head to work, kick it with my homies, and stretch. After stretching, I get the job for the day, and start prepping materials for the job. Execute the job of the day. A normal work shift for me is 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. IF there are no outages. If there are outages, prepare for a long workday! If I finish work on time, my wife and I will do a HIIT workout for about an hour. After working out, the rest of my day goes to my kids!!!! Majority of my time goes to my family, they are my #1 priority!

What would people be surprised to learn about your job?
Powerline technician is recognized within the top 10 most dangerous jobs in the United States.

What work related build/structure or event are you most proud of?
We had a project that consisted of installing steel structures on a mountain ridge. This project was called PI-9. The project consisted of large spans and many parameters to work around. I’m just glad to have been a part of it.

Who are you competing for?
First and foremost, I am competing for my family. I understand that I am representing powerline technicians across the nation, as well as Hawaii. It is an honor!

Why do you want to win?
Simple answer, $200K and a Ford truck would be life changing for my family and I. Cost of living in Hawaii is at an all-time high. I want my kids to be able to attend a private school. I'd love to start investing in my kids’ futures.

What makes you tough as nails?
I'm not afraid to fail. I meet failure head-on. My mental tolerance is high due to past life experiences. I never doubt myself. I am confident in my abilities.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version