Author Topic: TAR Australia 5: Bitch, Moan & Squeal Thread! *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*  (Read 32304 times)

Offline OMGitsGARRET

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: TAR Australia 5: Bitch, Moan & Squeal Thread! *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*
« Reply #100 on: March 02, 2021, 07:29:14 AM »
Do we know how far Chris & Aleisha/Holly & Dolor get? After today's news about the bullying and inaccurate editing going on behind the scenes, they're the only two teams left I care about and once they're gone, it will be very hard for me to keep an interest in this season lol.

Whatttt? What did you hear?

Chris made a bunch of Tweets yesterday talking about behind the scenes drama. This Reddit post sums it up pretty well:
https://www.reddit.com/r/TheAmazingRace/comments/lve1qh/on_twitter_spilling_major_tea_on_the_drama/

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #101 on: March 03, 2021, 06:54:11 AM »
The animosity toward Chris & Aleisha is really out of nowhere, tbh. They mind their own business based on what's been shown in the episodes. But we already had both Amanda & Ashleigh and Skye-Blue express negative opinions on them. (They mooched off their skate ramp assembly. They're "fake") And they get Sabotaged over a Stowaway team.

I'm glad they make it far. And possibly Final 4 at best, if I understand correctly?

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #102 on: March 03, 2021, 08:14:12 AM »
The animosity toward Chris & Aleisha is really out of nowhere, tbh. They mind their own business based on what's been shown in the episodes. But we already had both Amanda & Ashleigh and Skye-Blue express negative opinions on them. (They mooched off their skate ramp assembly. They're "fake") And they get Sabotaged over a Stowaway team.

I'm glad they make it far. And possibly Final 4 at best, if I understand correctly?

Possibly even Final 3 if Canberra really isn't our finale  :waves:

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #103 on: March 03, 2021, 02:40:42 PM »
Ooo! I'll set my expectations unreasonably high then and set myself up for disappointment and assume the post-Race drama or whatever are because the Originals end up not being as successful as the True Alliance on TAR32  :funny:

Offline OMGitsGARRET

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #104 on: March 17, 2021, 12:40:56 AM »
This season has soo much behind the scenes drama going on.. 😬

On top of my posts from a few weeks ago, some of the cast appeared to recently be making fun of Chris & Aleisha and their dietary restrictions on social media.

Now it turns out that during the race, the teams in the alliance were breaking rules by using the telephone in the hotel rooms the racers stayed at overnight in the Darwin legs and were calling the other teams trying to make deals to U-Turn Chris & Aleisha and Holly & Dolor. That is EXPLICITLY against the rules of the show. This is now being confirmed by Aleisha's sister who has started posting on Reddit.

Aleisha's sister also started posting about some other social media bullying going on, to the point that, Amanda herself, made a Reddit account to defend herself. And now the two of them are going back and forth and arguing on Reddit. 🥴

That's not to mention the rumors (not verified at all, but I've seen it mentioned in several places) that there was an actual physical fight involving racers from this season. Yikes.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #105 on: March 17, 2021, 01:52:16 AM »
On top of my posts from a few weeks ago, some of the cast appeared to recently be making fun of Chris & Aleisha and their dietary restrictions on social media.

Not just appeared to. They were.

Anurag posted a snarky tweet about "Are oysters vegan" and then even when other people (including Chris) replied to him, he still posted the same line on his Insta story with "They don't have nervous systems". It was also reposted by a few of the other teams.

And then after the episode aired they were liking hate IG comments on Chris & Aleisha. Then three teams in the group (everyone but Brendon & Jackson) posted a story about "CHAMPIONS NEVER QUIT!!!!!" or something like that. Brendon posted a post on Insta talking about not judging Chris & Aleisha for their beliefs but Jackson has been liking isolated hate comments about Chris & Aleisha.

Just yikes lol.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 02:00:50 AM by gamerfan09 »

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #106 on: March 17, 2021, 02:48:30 AM »
It's sad to hear all of that. I expect such toxicity from fans (and there's been plenty on social media especially against C&A), but the teams themselves? Disappointing.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #107 on: March 17, 2021, 03:17:48 AM »
Well, i have some points to add to the discussion:

- as i said before (like TAR32), alliances are not against the rules, you're not doing anything wrong, but it really sucks for us, viewers.
I'm keeping my point even though i like the alliance members and dislike Chris/Aleisha.

- "breaking rules by using the telephones in the hotel"
- is this a rule?
- was the production of the show really aware of that?
- could the production of the show do anything about it?
- is our only source Aleisha's sister?

Anyways, so many questions before we judge it for real.

About bullying behind the cameras, it's awful and a bad attitude from the racers.

Even if you dislike someone, the least you can do is be friendly, avoid confrontation if you want to and make your choices.
Nothing wrong with helping out your friends (i don't like it but its not against the rules) or U-Turning, Sabotaging anyone a thousand times if you want to. That's the game.
Anything else that is part of the game, it's part of the game. You just deal with it.

But bullying really isn't nice.
I really hope this is fake news and if it's true, shame on all racers who did this.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #108 on: March 17, 2021, 03:30:24 AM »
I haven't seen everything posted, but a lot of the shade and stuff like that, at the very least, is all public. Posted on their IGs, exchanges on Twitter and even in a TARAu FB group apparently. And this is the Racers themselves posting. Even the early boot teams have tweeted and liked tweets of varying degrees of vagueness implying there's definitely smoke here. And of course, when there's smoke...

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #109 on: March 17, 2021, 03:43:15 AM »
How sad. Even earlier today i was thinking this was the best cast ever.

Offline mjharmstone

• RFF Jr. Member
    • You Are Team No. Podcast
« Reply #110 on: March 17, 2021, 10:12:52 AM »
Yes it's a rule that teams can't communicate without cameras being there. They usually remove all phones, clocks, TVs etc from hotel rooms to stop teams even having a whiff of being able to communicate.

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #111 on: March 17, 2021, 12:39:01 PM »
The fact that so much happened in Darwin is incredible. To us, with three episodes each week, the race is quite fast, but between the Pit Stop at Darwin and the Blue Mountains, 13 legs have taken place- roughly three weeks of racing and isolation.

The race is already exhausting, but to just stop for a moment and appreciate the mental toll this must have taken gives a lot of insight into race dynamics. I can't imagine how Chris and Aleisha handled it and frankly, I'd have said something a lot sooner than the Pit Stop after the oyster Intersection were I in their shoes.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #112 on: March 17, 2021, 01:23:12 PM »
Also worth noting they didn't get spa days and fancy meals and day trips to relax and unwind either.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #113 on: March 19, 2021, 12:00:07 AM »
Now, onto their performance on the race: Ashleigh & Amanda deserve to win this.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #114 on: March 21, 2021, 07:09:50 AM »
To add fuel to the fire after the recent episode - every team in the group taking thinly veiled shots at Chris & Aleisha and liking anti them tweets and Instagram comments.

Absolutely awful. I can only imagine this is how TAR32 might have been against the outsiders if the teams didn't have a year to let bygones be bygones and buddy up.

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #115 on: March 21, 2021, 10:14:12 AM »
Ashleigh: We want to be in the game with people who don't hinder other people's progress in the game.
Works with two teams who have hindered other teams' progress in the game.

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #116 on: March 21, 2021, 07:02:09 PM »
How amazing would it be if Chris & Aleisha miraculously won the leg in Broken Hill, received the FCP so they weren't spotted in Canberra.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #117 on: March 21, 2021, 11:57:49 PM »
9 NELs ~so far.
I can't stand this anymore.

Also, it's hard to like any team at the moment. I don't like Chris/Aleisha either, and can't stand the ones who, according to various sources, are bullying them.

What a shame of an ending. I loved the girls and the cowboys and also thought the sihks to be super nice guys.