Author Topic: TAR Australia 5: Bitch, Moan & Squeal Thread! *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*  (Read 32299 times)

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
Re: TAR Australia 5: Bitch, Moan & Squeal Thread! *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2020, 02:16:06 PM »
TARAu5 needs to hurry up and get here so we can cleanse our TAR palates   :jam:

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2021, 04:41:11 PM »
I get HaMerotz vibes from TARAu5. Should be interesting lol

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2021, 05:54:15 PM »
Hot Take  }:> I'm glad Network Ten disregards the Seven Network seasons of TARAu because so far, TARAu4 and whatever TARAu5 ends up being is definitely not the same as the first three seasons that became the gold standard for TAR around the world.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2021, 06:02:18 PM »
Hot Take  }:> I'm glad Network Ten disregards the Seven Network seasons of TARAu because so far, TARAu4 and whatever TARAu5 ends up being is definitely not the same as the first three seasons that became the gold standard for TAR around the world.

Even hotter take - only AUS2 is good.

AUS1 severely drags once they hit Europe, and AUS3 has one of the worst TAR casts ever. AUS4 is bland and boring 12 episodes in a row. It wasted a perfectly good route with that bland cast.

I don't really have hopes for this season but as long as the cast pops and we get fun racing, I could care less about the twists or whatever they're doing.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2021, 06:15:37 PM »
That's a VERY hot take indeed lol

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2021, 09:02:30 AM »

Even hotter take - only AUS2 is good.

AUS1 severely drags once they hit Europe, and AUS3 has one of the worst TAR casts ever. AUS4 is bland and boring 12 episodes in a row. It wasted a perfectly good route with that bland cast.

I don't really have hopes for this season but as long as the cast pops and we get fun racing, I could care less about the twists or whatever they're doing.

I agree with your opinion of S2 (the best) and S3 (very bland).
I disagree with S1 tho, sure there was some low but the cast was great, and the route at the end pretty interesting (ISRAEL!!)

As for S4, I think I was just so happy to have it back that I'm not 100% objective. Sure it was worst than S1 and S2 but I liked it better thanS4. The cast was ok (there was some bland teams, but some were pretty interesting: The Nuns, Jasmin/Jerome, Joey/Viv and Sid/Ash.)

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2021, 08:39:47 PM »
It turns out they were on different flights! WHY WHY WHY DID THE SHOW EDIT THIS OUT AND SAY THEY WERE ALL ON INE FLIGHT?!!! I’m so angry  :furious:

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2021, 11:39:56 PM »
It turns out they were on different flights! WHY WHY WHY DID THE SHOW EDIT THIS OUT AND SAY THEY WERE ALL ON INE FLIGHT?!!! I’m so angry  :furious:
That's what I was wondering. It felt like they were on 2 flights the way there were obviously two groups of teams racing together at the first task.

I think one of my complaints would be both Network Ten TARAus don't do a good job of giving a sense of time re: where teams are at. They essentially check in on teams from time to time. But it doesn't feel fluid? Not sure how to say it.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2021, 04:16:53 AM »
I have to be consistent. I don't like the First Class Pass and teams skipping a Leg. So I can't be happy about Dwes & Katherine either.  It's just a weird situation. On both counts.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2021, 01:37:18 PM »
That's what I was wondering. It felt like they were on 2 flights the way there were obviously two groups of teams racing together at the first task.

I think one of my complaints would be both Network Ten TARAus don't do a good job of giving a sense of time re: where teams are at. They essentially check in on teams from time to time. But it doesn't feel fluid? Not sure how to say it.

I agree with this. Sometimes the editing seems too choppy, and we don't really follow from team to team as we should. Given they have a 90-minute episode every time, I feel it isn't excusable. As for the First Class Pass skip and the Dwes & Katherine return, I have to say I am extremely disappointed. Especially given the penalty Jude & Shannon received from racing in the second leg, while Dwes & Katherine had nothing!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline SquareCubed

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2021, 09:08:21 PM »
The editing has been atrocious, especially in this past episode. We have only followed around 4-5 teams this entire episode, and we only saw the other racers when they were receiving their clue. I think part of the problem is the fact that there’s too many teams. I would rather watch a season with a normal number of teams and less episodes than watching a season with 14 teams and more episodes. In the first episode, I was really invested in the Filipino father and daughter team, but in these past 2 episodes, they had less than a minute of screen time. Also, so far, the team with the girl that has one arm has also not been shown much at all except for during the dirt bike racing roadblock (which TARCAN7 did a much better job of showing btw). Without having some focus on all teams in the episode, sometimes a team might jump a couple spots or go down a couple of spots, and we might not know what happened because the episode constantly focuses on the bottom 2 teams and top 2 teams. Also, I think part of the excitement of the episode is knowing how far along teams are through a challenge so that we can find out exactly what they have left. Having a graphic for how many solar panels a particular team has washed while they are on screen or having a graphic for how many bones each team has collected while they appear on screen could have given us a better idea of where teams are. The American and Canadian versions do a much better job of showing a team’s progress. I also did not like the first class pass. Throughout this episode I wanted to see the Sikhs do some of the challenges, and I wanted to know if they would have been strong enough to come on top again. The first class pass just secured their place at the top of the next leg without actually doing anything. Also, the lack of travel drama or drama with taxis just makes everything more stale.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2021, 09:55:03 PM »
Airtime hasn't been an issue for me for the most part. After week 1 the only team to not have an average amount of airtime in one of the episodes is Sky-Blue and Jake imo

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2021, 10:10:53 PM »
:hiya, Racer05.  :welcome: to the R.F.F.!
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline tennis33

• RFF Full Member
  • 🌎 🏃‍♂️ 🔥
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2021, 10:30:05 PM »
I have really been enjoying it too. I’m from Canada so I’m used to the same country race. I also think the edit has been good. Like the parents were invisible in episode 1 but the main figures on 2&3. So everyone will have a time to shine especially with 24 Episodes or legs.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2021, 05:14:57 AM »
Without having some focus on all teams in the episode, sometimes a team might jump a couple spots or go down a couple of spots, and we might not know what happened because the episode constantly focuses on the bottom 2 teams and top 2 teams.
OMG! This exactly. They really only focus on the leaders and the teams in danger of elimination. Everyone else is just either extra fodder who get thrown in if they have a funny moment or are completely invisible for most of the episode until they check-in at the Pit Stop.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2021, 06:00:22 AM »
Not a fan of Dwes & Katherine returning (or any other team for that matter). Once you're out, you should be out. The twists are weird. First Class Pass, Sabotage & Salvage Team. What the? Trying to be Survivor. The editing is sloppy. Meh.

S.32 already left a very bad taste for me, it seems that TARAus 5 will do the same.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2021, 06:15:10 AM by TARUSAFan »

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2021, 08:19:38 AM »
These are all problems with modern TAR editing not just this season?

I think the problem is that for most seasons (US and International), the screentime is directly proportional to how well a team is doing. It's why consistently midpack teams are often not really focused on, and why teams that are either on the direct front and direct back of the pack get a lot of airtime. They are bookmarks to help the audience quickly identify who's in the lead and who's trailing.

The problem this season is that its "midpack" is inexplicably just a random mix of whoever is in 4th-10th. It's just weird seeing teams (Sefa & Jessica and Jobelle & Rani's edits being the biggest offenders after the premiere) suddenly get shafted by the edit simply because the former raced a bit poorly and the latter a bit better.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2021, 03:29:52 PM »
Yes, but at least on TARUS, they actually show teams choosing the Detour, for example. Or choosing who does the Road Block and then proceeds to at least show the teams performing both.

So far on TARAu5, it feels like they don't even show every team arriving at each Route Marker. Which is pretty basic. They can show teams successively arriving, one after the other. Like in Leg 2, teams are suddenly leaving the lifeguard task, yet never even "arrived."

They also don't do a good job of showing where teams are with relation to each other. Even when they're at tasks and Route Markers at the same time. It's like each team is in its own little world unless they're clashing with each other (Mums/Holly & Dolor) or having fun (Mums/Malaan & Tina). And those 2 examples involve the Mums who were essentially Marked for Elimination anyway.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2021, 05:43:26 PM »
The worst thing is that my expectations for the editing was so low due to Channel 10’s handling of Survivor that I think this is BETTER editing than Survivor lol :(

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2021, 05:57:43 PM »
The worst thing is that my expectations for the editing was so low due to Channel 10’s handling of Survivor that I think this is BETTER editing than Survivor lol :(

It is. At least no one has been completely invisible 3 episodes in (or more) like that franchise  :funny:

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2021, 05:25:57 PM »
So this season's boot order will be basically all 8 MF teams being sandwiched between same gender teams, lol.

So who do you guys think is winning? Sikhs seems like obvious winners on the paper but I reaaalllyyy hope they will loose somehow because they are really bland and boring. I am actually glad there is this first class twist this season which means less legs of them because it's clear they will just keep winning these legs and dominating.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2021, 10:55:42 PM »
It's annoying that they prefer to bunch up the teams during the leg rather than bunching them up before the start.

I don't like them being released in the order in which they arrived...
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2021, 01:46:59 AM »

I don't like them being released in the order in which they arrived...

I am not understanding this? Teams are always released in the order they arrive to the MAT, right?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2021, 02:11:03 AM »
If teams end up in the same HOO departure timeslot, there's still a staggered release with a few minutes between teams based on their sign-up order.

Happens with the Pitstarts too. I think last season it was revealed the teams are released 2 minutes apart, based on check in order in the prior leg. Doesn't seem to matter if you beat another team to the mat by 30mins, you'll only be 2 minutes ahead at check out.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2021, 12:41:47 PM »
If teams end up in the same HOO departure timeslot, there's still a staggered release with a few minutes between teams based on their sign-up order.

Happens with the Pitstarts too. I think last season it was revealed the teams are released 2 minutes apart, based on check in order in the prior leg. Doesn't seem to matter if you beat another team to the mat by 30mins, you'll only be 2 minutes ahead at check out.

Wow. I wondered about that when they were all bunched again. Very diff from TAR US!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.