Author Topic: HaMerotz LaMillion 8 (TAR ISRAEL 8) Ongoing SHOW Discussion  (Read 64557 times)

Offline tatasport

• RFF Full Member
Re: HaMerotz LaMillion 8 (TAR ISRAEL 8) Ongoing SHOW Discussion
« Reply #125 on: October 18, 2020, 02:51:56 AM »
What's also bull**** is the number of 4-episode legs this season. Last season was so short, what happened? Did people not like it? I did!

I've watched the broadcast live for several periods of this one and I afraid the duration of the episodes were cut off. Like instead of 1 min 30 secs one (in syndication I mean without the ads), sometimes they cut it into like 1-hour episode (including the ads) that resulted into the ep having 30-ish minutes duration.

I afraid when this happened in the latest Survivor edition there, it resulted into 60-ish episodes as I saw over there (instead of 30-ish usually) and I oofed. Idk if we're going to have 40-ish eps again since HMLM tend to have average of 20-40ish eps with the 2-3 hours airtime, but with the airtime being cut that much I really, really worry on this tbh. And it's just my hypothesis.

Anyone have any info on the broadcast duration as well, as in why they're cut this much? It's unusual to me too tbh.
הפעם עד הגמר - זירה, 2016
🇮🇱🇫🇷

Offline tatasport

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #126 on: October 18, 2020, 02:52:31 AM »
Good morning, can anyone help me to het access to the episodes of 24 and 28 September? The content is blocked out of the Netherlands and I participated as Clue Giver. Many thanks!

Oh no! GUYS can you please help on this??

:welcome:  David! We'd love to hear your story! How did you get chosen? Tell us about the day? We are all super fans here so evry tidbit will be interesting!

Maybe I should PM him. Hang on.
🇮🇱🇫🇷

Offline tatasport

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #127 on: October 18, 2020, 03:00:35 AM »
Bull****.

Liane has hurt her hand or her wrist or whatever, and the doctor says she can't compete in the Head-to-Head. The challenge is to balance on a rolling log as if it were a horse, two team members fight, then the other two team members fight, followed by a tiebreaker. Since Liane can't do it, Eviatar has to do it alone, giving the team an unfair advantage as Liane probably doesn't have good balance and would have lost.

Let me take you back to season 4. Alexa badly hurt her leg on that season, and then she and Raz came to a task where they had to roll on a log in the water. Alexa obviously cannot do this task, so Raz has to do it alone. But they had to serve a 1-hour penalty before he could.

Also in season 4, let me take you back to the likes of Roni & Yael and Gal & Liel. Both teams had one member hurt themselves during a Head-to-Head and could no longer compete in it. In both of those cases, the teams forfeit the Head-to-Head and had to wait until all other teams passed them and then serve the 15-minute penalty.

Eviatar & Liane should have forfeit their Head-to-Head and ended up in last place. Bull****.

Also remember last season with Noy & Hadar! I remember they were medevac-ed when one of them got injured, and they were rushed to the hospital? In the end of the leg, they're eliminated.

Since I'm trying to catch up, I'm really, really curious on how could this happen, and how in the end Eviatar was allowed to complete this task alone. Like how.
🇮🇱🇫🇷

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #128 on: October 20, 2020, 03:55:22 AM »
If there is any way to watch this online, would someone be able to let me know via PM? I would love to check out the Armenia episodes if it is possible! :2hearts:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #129 on: October 21, 2020, 03:53:34 PM »
Feels like there's more 4-episode legs this season. That's a good and bad thing imo :(

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #130 on: October 21, 2020, 06:10:26 PM »
The legs seemed to be designed to air over two episodes like last season, but COVID forced them to extend the season by splitting each episode in half.

Ben's instructions during the block task.  :funny:

Omen & Neta finding an empty clue box.  :funny:

Apparently this season took inspiration from Survivor US as well as TAR US.

Offline jfarbzz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #131 on: October 21, 2020, 10:25:47 PM »
Given how few detours and roadblocks HaMerotz has done over the past few seasons, could anyone have predicted that this season would have more detours through its first two legs than TAR32?  :funny:

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #132 on: October 22, 2020, 08:04:21 PM »
Looks like there was a mistake made somewhere. The task at the school was to spell out the name of the man who invented the Armenian alphabet in 405AD, according to Shahar's explanation, and the man in question is Mesrop Mashtots.

However, the name they actually had to spell out was Komitas, an unrelated priest and musician from the late 1800's...
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #133 on: October 24, 2020, 02:36:36 PM »
Show content
The Cascade task was pretty brutal.

Had Shay & Shani been eliminated that would have been harsh with Lian & Eviatar checking in right before them.

The fact that they started the next leg at the tail end caught me off guard.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2020, 02:43:42 PM by Xoruz »

Offline jfarbzz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #134 on: October 25, 2020, 05:49:49 PM »
So GB, what do you think about Assaf & Netanel? Hope you like them, because two straight legs without your least favorite aspect of HaMerotz has led to two straight leg wins by the most boring team left.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #135 on: October 26, 2020, 05:47:34 PM »
So GB, what do you think about Assaf & Netanel? Hope you like them, because two straight legs without your least favorite aspect of HaMerotz has led to two straight leg wins by the most boring team left.

Anything is better than elimination via dice roll.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #136 on: October 28, 2020, 06:38:44 PM »
Show content
After two four-episode legs, this leg is going to be condensed.

With the exception of a couple of tasks, I still admire this season's task creativity. Chile has been the site of many earthquakes, so let's have teams stack blocks on an earthquake table.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 06:55:50 PM by Xoruz »

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #137 on: October 29, 2020, 10:22:40 PM »
I don't understand the first task of the Chile leg. From what I understand they listen to a lecture that describes the four famous poets of Chile, and then they transport 50 books. They also get a passage written in Spanish that translates into the lyrics of "Salaam", a Hebrew/Arabic song. But from there, I'm lost. What does this song have to do with the books or the poets?

Offline jfarbzz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #138 on: October 29, 2020, 10:49:19 PM »
I don't understand the first task of the Chile leg. From what I understand they listen to a lecture that describes the four famous poets of Chile, and then they transport 50 books. They also get a passage written in Spanish that translates into the lyrics of "Salaam", a Hebrew/Arabic song. But from there, I'm lost. What does this song have to do with the books or the poets?

From what I could gather, each book had different lyrics which corresponded to the styles and writing of one of the poets which they had to match at the library? I think?

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #139 on: October 30, 2020, 11:51:41 PM »

From what I could gather, each book had different lyrics which corresponded to the styles and writing of one of the poets which they had to match at the library? I think?

Something doesn't feel right about that explanation though, because some teams like Tali & Glil filled up their board with only two kinds of books. I believe they only had red and purple, or something like that. Wouldn't that make the task twice as easy for them if they did that?

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #140 on: October 31, 2020, 04:07:07 PM »
Show content
With the combination of the Double Battle and the chinchinero task, I guess Neta & Assaf were not fans of Santiago.

Gili & Tali were a lot of fun, but constantly finishing in eighth place would only get them this far.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #141 on: October 31, 2020, 08:08:29 PM »
A nice short 2-episode leg for a change :)

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #142 on: November 01, 2020, 03:08:45 PM »
Show content
For the second time this season a team forfeited a double battle as a courtesy to another. Seems like an odd thing to do.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #143 on: November 02, 2020, 08:51:05 PM »
Show content
Shani, nooo!!!

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #144 on: November 03, 2020, 07:49:34 AM »
at the rate this is going, this is easily gonna be the worst season of this franchise lmao

actually, no, scratch that; this is *currently* the worst season of this franchise lmao
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline jfarbzz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #145 on: November 03, 2020, 08:57:15 AM »
at the rate this is going, this is easily gonna be the worst season of this franchise lmao

actually, no, scratch that; this is *currently* the worst season of this franchise lmao

First of all hi NANU, good to see you here.

Second of all, oof that's pretty harsh.

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #146 on: November 04, 2020, 02:34:01 PM »
Show content
Glad to see that Shani didn't break anything and wasn't pulled, but it is hard to see how far she & Shay will be able to go with that limp.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 02:43:11 PM by Xoruz »

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #147 on: November 05, 2020, 09:13:06 PM »
Eviatar's back must hurt.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #148 on: November 07, 2020, 08:53:16 PM »
Oh, that tiny restaurant with the Yield board is going to be fun to find... >.<

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #149 on: November 07, 2020, 09:01:59 PM »
Oh, that tiny restaurant with the Yield board is going to be fun to find... >.<

The Yield reveal board this leg was actually found during sightings. It's at be the juice bar.

https://goo.gl/maps/j7kZzTzYUWEdBFdD6