Author Topic: HaMerotz LaMillion 8 (TAR ISRAEL 8) Ongoing SHOW Discussion  (Read 64590 times)

Online Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: HaMerotz LaMillion 8 (TAR ISRAEL 8) Ongoing SHOW Discussion
« Reply #75 on: September 24, 2020, 08:40:21 AM »
At times Reshet's scheduling really annoys me. All throughout last episode they stated that the next episode is on Monday. Now they announce today that it's airing tonight.

Online Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #76 on: September 24, 2020, 02:52:49 PM »
That was a festive episode.  :cmastree

Show content
Too bad the tree task din't put Ben & Ori and Lian & Eviatar in the holiday spirit.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #77 on: September 24, 2020, 08:18:44 PM »
Where are they going next after the Yield board? "Iran Hwaba"? Google Translate is not helping...

It's funny that Shay & Shani and Vova & Alla, this is the second time they're doing a Christmas task in Europe. I still remember Vova dressing up as Santa and going "Ho, ho, ho! Happy Birthday! Oh no, wait..."

Would have been interesting if the Saudi Arabian had agreed to do the task with Y&Y o.O
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline jfarbzz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #78 on: September 24, 2020, 11:54:54 PM »
Well gee I can't imagine why there are a ton of clogs in the preview...could it POSSIBLY that thing they do at the end of every HaMerotz leg that I'm really getting tired of.

Honestly why do they split legs up into three episodes that are 45 minutes to an hour long when none of it matters because it comes down to random BS at the very end? Might as well just start the leg, have a luck task, go to the pit stop, and you would have missed nothing.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #79 on: September 25, 2020, 07:47:13 AM »
Welcome to my living hell.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline jfarbzz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #80 on: September 25, 2020, 10:20:20 AM »
Also I noticed on the wiki that the title of episode 4, "התרגיל של שני", was translated to "Monday's Exercise." Are we sure that's correct? Because "שני", the word for Monday, is spelled the exact same way as Shani's name, so there's a change it's referring to her.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #81 on: September 25, 2020, 03:50:46 PM »
What would specifically be referring to Shani in that episode? Because that episode also aired on Monday, if I remember correctly

Offline jfarbzz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #82 on: September 26, 2020, 08:26:06 PM »
What would specifically be referring to Shani in that episode? Because that episode also aired on Monday, if I remember correctly
Probably the deal she made with Ash & Alis? That's what would make the most sense to me.

Offline T.a22

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #83 on: September 27, 2020, 06:09:53 AM »
hey!

Does everyone here speak Hebrew? If not, how do you understand what the contestants are saying? do you have subtitles?

Offline jfarbzz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #84 on: September 27, 2020, 03:10:19 PM »
hey!

Does everyone here speak Hebrew? If not, how do you understand what the contestants are saying? do you have subtitles?
I speak Hebrew! Not sure if anyone else does. Maybe tatasport?

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #85 on: September 27, 2020, 05:52:45 PM »
hey!

Boy, I get this question a lot. I personally feel you don't need to speak the language to watch any version of The Amazing Race. As long as you understand what the tasks are (usually through Wikipedia), it's still an enjoyable time even if you don't know what anybody is saying. The essence of travel, beautiful destinations, and exciting tasks are still there. Not to mention they usually speak a lot of English when out and abroad, trying to communicate with foreigners.

Furthermore, all Israeli TV is subtitled with Hebrew text. With the help of an online Hebrew keyboard and Google Translate, I can stop and translate anything I really want to know the meaning of.

Offline tatasport

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #86 on: September 28, 2020, 07:46:28 AM »
hey!

I speak Hebrew! Not sure if anyone else does. Maybe tatasport?

I'm currently learning it, anything I can help you guys with?
OH WELP MY WILD INFERENCES hang on I'll catch up to those legs since I haven't yet...
הפעם עד הגמר - זירה, 2016
🇮🇱🇫🇷

Online Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #87 on: September 28, 2020, 02:27:47 PM »
Show content
Not Vova & Alla.  :'(

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #88 on: September 28, 2020, 04:06:35 PM »
Show content
Guess the luck just wasn't there for them this time. The title is accurate. A painful elimination, indeed :'(

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #89 on: September 28, 2020, 10:37:27 PM »
Dumb.

Offline jfarbzz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #90 on: September 28, 2020, 11:29:58 PM »
The only thing more painful than seeing your favorite team eliminated due to a the luck task is seeing them finish the luck task with breathing room only to get screwed by a bad cab  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline jfarbzz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #91 on: September 28, 2020, 11:44:41 PM »
Also let me get this straight: when the only TAR that's majority Jewish goes to Amsterdam, they don't do anything involving Anne Frank, one of if not THE most famous Holocaust victim (someone pointed out a mural of her but that doesn't count) but they have an entire task devoted to a holiday that Jews don't celebrate...wow that's not a good look.

Offline tatasport

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #92 on: September 29, 2020, 01:22:54 AM »
Also let me get this straight: when the only TAR that's majority Jewish goes to Amsterdam, they don't do anything involving Anne Frank, one of if not THE most famous Holocaust victim (someone pointed out a mural of her but that doesn't count) but they have an entire task devoted to a holiday that Jews don't celebrate...wow that's not a good look.

My random hunch is that maybe they'd like to introduce them to another culture (per the Race intentions mostly), which also makes sense? Interesting point of view though.
הפעם עד הגמר - זירה, 2016
🇮🇱🇫🇷

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #93 on: September 29, 2020, 06:20:42 AM »

My random hunch is that maybe they'd like to introduce them to another culture (per the Race intentions mostly), which also makes sense? Interesting point of view though.

I think the Jews don`t want remind, and this is the reason why we need to see Germany.

Online Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #94 on: September 29, 2020, 08:24:53 AM »

I think the Jews don`t want remind, and this is the reason why we need to see Germany.

Season 2 visited the former home of a Holocaust survivor. Don't know though if a task related to Anne Frank would be viewed as insensitive in Israel.

Fun fact: the Pit Stop was at the former location of the I am Amsterdam sign, which was removed 3 days before the leg was filmed due to overcrowding.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #95 on: September 29, 2020, 04:02:42 PM »
Christmas is 'exotic' to Israelis.

Offline T.a22

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #96 on: September 30, 2020, 12:50:38 PM »
well as an israeli jew i would find it a bit offensive if there was a task where Anna Frank memory was involved. in Israel we deal with the memory of the holocaust all the time. we don't need to see it in a humorist show.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #97 on: October 01, 2020, 05:51:03 AM »
well as an israeli jew i would find it a bit offensive if there was a task where Anna Frank memory was involved. in Israel we deal with the memory of the holocaust all the time. we don't need to see it in a humorist show.

It would only make sense as a reflection point like what they did at Peace Park in Hiroshima or on Goree Island.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #98 on: October 01, 2020, 05:20:23 PM »
Thought there was an episode today. Changed to Saturday, apparently.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #99 on: October 03, 2020, 10:49:31 PM »
So, uh...No episode 11 yet?